Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E14: The Pride Of Walnut Grove

Mary worries that she'll disappoint Walnut Grove if she doesn't place first in the state mathematics competition; meanwhile Laura's feelings of jealousy towards her older sister are soothed and she begins to feel more grown-up after her wise Pa asks her to take charge of the Ingalls household while Caroline accompanies Mary to Minneapolis.

I hope you look to the sky and shake your fist when thinking of your math competition nemesis.

I find it very hard to believe that there were TWO possibilities for where they could have gotten off the train to get home.

I hope you look to the sky and shake your fist when thinking of your math competition nemesis.

I find it very hard to believe that there were TWO possibilities for where they could have gotten off the train to get home.

I don't think there were two places they could have gotten off the train. I think that once off the train Mary said she didn't want to get on the stage. She wanted to walk back. So, the question is how many miles from Walnut Grove is the train station? And is it closer to the farm or closer to the town? Presumably it's closer to the farm or they would just end up walking through the town anyway, and that wouldn't have achieved her goal of avoiding everyone.