Type keyword(s) to search

Runaway Quotes

Alex: You guys do realize it's a volunteer charity organization, not the mob. You could get out if you wanted to, maybe give some other rich people the opportunity for a tax write off.

Chase: I'll buy the coffee.
Gert: I'll...drink it.

Molly: Stacey's very knowledgeable about herbs and breathing and stuff. It's just none of it's working.
School nurse: Well, that's why we have modern medicine.

Tina: Every year the Yorkeses bring that same disgusting cheese wheel. I mean, seriously, who makes their own brie?
Robert: I liked it.
Tina: Smell your fingers.

Stacey: My phone isn't downloading my mail. Can you take a look?
Tina: That's a little below my paygrade, Stacey. I'm the CEO, not tech support.
Robert: We fixed that glitch in the new update. Let me just download it for you.
Dale: If you could just make sure that her music library is backed up. She's got every tasty Phish bootleg going back to Burlington '92.
Stacey: If you haven't heard Trey's fourteen minute guitar solo on Sample in a Jar, you've not heard music.
[Catherine rolls her eyes]

Dale: Sugar Ray! Knocked down in the eighth! Every time I come here, I am blown away. You are killing it in the real estate game.
Geoffrey: I've made some sound investments.
Dale: Come on, you're being modest. You've done good from the hood, my brotha!
[Geoffrey gives him a death glare]
Dale: That was probably something I'm not allowed to say.
Geoffrey: I wouldn't recommend it.
Dale: Noted.

Alex: This is some Narnia shit.

Chase: What kind of charity meeting is this?

Gert: Okay, the creep factor just went up to eleven.

Alex: I have an idea.
Chase: What if it's a stupid idea that makes things worse?
Gert: I don't see how that's possible.

Frank: You look great, Phil. You haven't aged a day since I first signed with you.
Phil: One benefit of looking 60 since I was 40.

Phil: There was a moment there where your poster was on the wall of every teenage girl across the whole country. A huge swath of the female population discovered the wonders of masturbation to your photo.
Frank: That's high praise indeed.

Dale: I swear, the greener the car, the bigger the a-hole driving it.
Stacey: If you see someone driving a Nemo, just go in the other direction.
Dale: That goes double for the dude who created it.
Stacey: Dale.
Dale: What? Apologies. Is Victor Stein the humanitarian of the year?
Stacey: Yeah, twice actually.

Geoffrey: [Destiny]'s only seventeen.
Tina: They're always the same age.
Geoffrey: Which is now the same age as our children. That don't bother nobody?
Dale: Personally, I've found denial to be a very effective coping mechanism.

Nico: Here's an idea. How about we just march down there and ask them? Because finding out my mom is evil would actually be the least surprising explanation.

Alex: We need to maintain the status quo. If we start acting weird, they're going to notice.
Nico: If I don't act weird, they'll notice.

Karolina: My mom seemed fine this morning. She wouldn't have acted so normal if she'd killed a parishioner last night.
Nico: Most serial killers are completely devoid of empathy.
Chase: This is more of a ritualistic killing type thing.
Gert: Maybe we should consider a LARPing scenario. Live action role play?
Chase: Isn't that where people dress up like cute animals and have sex?
Karolina: Our parents?
Alex: No way.
Nico: That's furries.
Molly: That's a thing?

Alex: Hopefully in a few hours, we'll know that our parents are just weird and not killers.

Chase: Were you just checking out my junk?
Gert: Why would you say that?
Chase: The x-ray goggles on your head.

Alex: So when you said snow, you were being literal.
Nico: You think my smart house is having a cocaine malfunction?

Chase: All I see from here is a giant toad and something that looks like a dildo with wings. No naked chick.
Gert: Positive?
Chase: Trust me. I'd know.

Edited by ElectricBoogaloo

From Episode 1:

Gert: [To  Karolina] Plus, it's kinda hard to stay friends with someone when all they care about is being the perfect church girl.

Karolina: [To Gert] Better than the insufferable social justice warrior. 

Alex: [To Chase] Or a dumb jock.

Chase: Yeah, or Molly .... I've got nothing against you.  You're really nice. 

Chase:  Great party, Alex.  Thanks for all the pizza and sadness.

• Love 1

Alex: Did you find anything in your parents' lab?
Gert: No, nothing. At all.
Chase: Well, not nothing. Gert saw something. You want to say what?
Gert: Uh, no.
Chase: My junk. She totally put on x-ray googles and checked me out.
[Molly looks grossed out]

Chase: What'd you find in your basement murder library?
Gert: Okay, the word choice there implies that a murder definitely happened.
Alex: I couldn't get in. My dad wouldn't leave me alone.
Chase: Oh, what? Like he knew you were suspicious?
Alex: No, like he loves me and actually wants to spend time with me.

Alex: My parents wouldn't hurt Amy.
Chase: Like your parents are better than ours? Your father was actually in prison - for murder.
Alex: A long time ago and the charges were dropped.
Chase: Well the murder library's in your basement.

Stacey: Pride can suck it!

Dale: How hard can it be to find a dinosaur in the Palisades?

Robert: I hope this works.
Geoffrey: Yeah, well, does [] look like someone you can trust?

Nico: [Amy] didn't [kill herself], Alex. I know she didn't. I'm going to the police after school. Come with me?
Alex: Police? No way. Nico, what are you even going to say? That the most prominent families in the city dressed in matching nightgowns, put a girl in a glowing box that you're pretty sure killed her?

Frank: I haven't seen you in days. So what's going on in there?
Leslie: It's called a meditation room. It's pretty self explanatory.

Karolina: Team There's Got to Be Another Explanation.

Gert: You know, I'm really digging this. I'm not super down with the amount of white genes involved. I apologize for ever referring to it as a quasi sci fi crackpot pseudo cult.

Tina: As always, Kincaid, thank you for your service.
Kincaid: As always, Tina, thank you for your money.

Dale: You know what, Gert? This attitude needs to stop. The sarcasm, the snide remarks - though admittedly you got that from me - I have had enough.

Darius: You don't look like a dude who just got a handjob from his tenderoni lawyer.

Alex's voicemail: I'm currently training on Dagobah. Leave a message.

Gert: Just so I understand, we're either going to be facing off against Gibborim enforcer types or a corrupt branch of the LAPD-
Molly: It could just be generic kidnappers.
Gert: With no weapons and no plans.

Victor: How is it you know all this but you've never gotten above a B- in calculus?
Chase: Calc's boring. I like practical applications.

Darius: I take it your daddy never showed you his old stomping grounds. Why leave your part of the world, right? You got all those palm trees, white girls, and sushi.

Gert: What is happening right now?
Nico: I think we're kicking ass!

Alex: Guys, we have a problem.
Nico: What are you talking about? We just got you back.
Alex: Yes, and now we have to save somebody else. His name's Andre. He was with the men who kidnapped me.
Chase: So why are we helping him?
Alex: He was just following orders.
Gert: Isn't that what the Nazis said?

Gert: Molly, how can you take a nap right now?
Molly: You try lifting an SUV with your bare hands. It's exhausting.

Molly: And speaking of super powers, Gert has a dinosaur that she can order around.

Leslie: Catherine, you know how grateful I am to have someone [to sacrifice]. You mentioned he'd been shot. I was just wondering what happened.
Catherine: I'm sorry this isn't one of your grass-fed free range sacrifices.

Tina: An electrical current just traveled from your neural pathways into the staff and made that happen.
Nico: Explain it however you want, but it needed my blood and it read my mind. It's just like Wicca.
Tina: It is science, Nico.
Nico: If by science you mean high-tech magic, then sure.

Robert: Jaguar on the side of the road, or the cougar parked inside!
Janet: Really, Robert?
Robert: Sorry. I meant it as a compliment.
Janet: Of course you did, because you are the sweetest man I have ever met.
Robert: Well, you married Victor Stein. You're working off a limited sample size.
Janet: True, although lately Victor's been a different guy. Nice to me, great with Chase.
Robert: Cheating's much harder when your husband isn't being a dick.

Gert: So what's the plan?
Karoline: Yeah, Alex?
Chase: Why does everyone assume Alex has a plan? Someone else might have a plan.
Alex: Great. Let's hear it.
Chase: I just meant hypothetically.
Gert: Guys, all I meant is are we carpooling or going separately, and how dressed up is everyone gonna get?
Chase: Oh, uh, suit, no tie.
Alex: Oh, so that you have a plan for.

Molly: Some of us are too young to date.
Gert: Dating is so heteronormative.

Karolina: Chase, put your hand in.
Chase: Sorry, I didn't realize putting my hand in a pile was some kind of legally binding contract.

Karolina: Everything my whole life has been for my mom and the church. Then I learned that what I thought was the ultimate good is somehow a part of the worst thing imaginable. And what if what I do is connected to that? What does that make me?
Nico: You know who you are. I know who you are, and neither of us is our parents, or the messed-up shit they're doing. Though nothing is more messed up than what my mom is doing now, actually being nice for the first time in years.
Karolina: It's funny, you were always the rebel, and now you're feeling close to your mom. I was always the mama's girl, and now-
Nico: Oh, now what? You're the rebel?

Karolina: Hi! I didn't know you guys were coming.
Molly: Nico invited us.
Nico: Support your local girl gang, right?

Molly: Hey, I think I saw a Kardashian. I definitely recognized the butt.
Gert: The red carpet is just another commodification of the so-called beauty industry and fashion designers who exploit garment workers and promote negative body images.
Molly: Seriously?

Frank: They say that you learn more from your failures than your successes. Turns out that's true of action comedies and religious tests.

Alex: Okay, we three are Operation Tina Server Room. I'm not great at code names.

Nico: Go get him, tiger. We just need a couple of minutes of quality flirtation. That's it.
Gert: That's it. Right, but how?
Nico: Just be yourself. Come on, Gert. Make it happen.
Gert: Cockroaches, right? No other creature could better convey the lows of human existence. Kafka nailed it.
Earl: Agreed, yeah. It's for a class called The Dehumanization of the Proletariat.
Gert: I have always been fascinated by the way the Industrial Revolution contorted the human spirit.

Dale: Hi, sweetie. You look beautiful! Have you try the bacon-wrapped dates? -
Karolina: Nah, I'm good.
Dale: I don't eat 'em, either. Jewish. That was close.
Stacey: Yeah, but we totally covered.

Alex: From the other side of the screen, it all looks so easy.
[Nico gives him a look]
Alex: Tron? It seemed appropriate.
Nico: I knew your nerd brain couldn't handle this much processing power.

Nico: How will we figure out which one we need?
Alex: Do you really want to know how a hypervisor delineates between a physical server and a virtual one? Cause if you did, that's kind of hot.

Chase: Now I see why you ditched downstairs.
Karolina: I needed to be alone.
Chase: I'm not so sure about that.
Karolina: Cause everyone knows what's best for me.
Chase: No, because you're drinking well vodka. You could've at least swiped a bottle of the good stuff.

Karolina: My whole life is a lie.
Chase: Mine too.
Karolina: No, it's not the same. Your secret is that you're super smart, not that you light up like a rainbow glow stick.

Nico: How'd you guess my mom's passcode?
Alex: I'm just that good.

Tina: I think Victor Stein would like to say something. One of the world's most brilliant minds founder of Nemo, a true visionary-
Victor: Save your breath, Tina. Everyone knows I'm a genius.

Ginger security guard: Well, you should probably get back to the party, cause, you know, your boyfriend's probably looking everywhere for you, he's worried.
Gert: Oh, he's not, because he doesn't exist. As in I don't have one.
Earl: Cute girl like you? Where were the girls like you when I was in high school?
Gert: Did you try the theatre department? Or the library?

Nico: The code you used to get into my mom's office what was it?
Alex: "Password." Your mom's a really busy lady. I figured she'd use something simple. You know, something that she could actually remember. Plus, who would ever think that the tech titan Tina Minoru's password was "password," right?

Alex: How was the party?
Chase: Great. Fine. Saved Karolina's life. Well, tried to, but, hey, luckily she can fly.

Chase: You hear about our parents? They're having an affair.
Nico: What? My mom and your dad?
Chase: No, my mom and-
Nico: Oh, my God, and my mom?
Chase: No, my mom, your dad.

Victor: You know you're watching the key to time travel.
Janet: You're kidding, right?
Victor: About time travel?
Janet: No, that line. It's awful.

Geoffrey: What are you doing in here?
Catherine: What does it look like I'm doing? Alex is in the shower so I'm snooping, pretending to clean up. I'm within my constitutional rights as a parent.

Catherine: Nico?
Geoffrey: He's got a thing for her.
Catherine: Please. What do you know?
Geoffrey: A father knows. Also, he told me.
Catherine: And you didn't tell me?

Catherine: So sad about [Nico's] mom and dad. How's she holding up?
Geoffrey: Yeah, it was a shock to us. I can only imagine what it was like for her.
Alex: Yeah, you think you know your parents. What are you guys doing in here?
Catherine: These clothes don't clean themselves.

Victor: Maybe I should hire Mr. Siebey.
Chase: My physics teacher?
Victor: Clearly, he's done a great job teaching you - better than I've done.
Chase: I'm pretty sure the guy wore the same pair of pants for an entire semester.
Victor: Sign of an uncluttered mind. I look forward to speaking with him this evening and thanking him for his inspiration.
Chase: Wait, you're going to the open house?
Victor: Wouldn't miss it for the world.
Chase: Other than literally every other time it's happened.

Chase: I thought the side effects of new meds involved mild nausea and swollen ankles, not a complete personality change.

Chase: So you're no longer into married software engineers with a fondness for mandals?

Nico: If they know you saw the robes, they know you got down the staircase.
Gert: Unless they wear their robes to other places like the gym or Whole Foods.

Stacey: Jonah's DNA in this serum when stretched does the opposite! It creates healing!
Dale: I know, it's like a crazy malware in a computer virus. It spreads like a Belle Creme from the south of France.
Stacey: Aww, even after 14 straight hours, your cheese references never fail to impress.

Dale: That was the greatest kiss I've ever experienced. It was like this this this explosion of color, but in my mouth!
Stacey: Oh, shit.
Dale: I love you, Stacey Yorkes. Your auburn curls, your scratchy, adorable voice, your shoes - I mean, Crocs! What are Crocs? Crocs are a gift from God, don't you think?
Stacey: That drop - you've been infected!
Dale: Infected with love! 
Stacey: Oh, you're tripping on Jonah. 
Dale: Whoo! What?
Stacey: Who is at our front door right now? Oh, crap. It's the Wilders.
Dale: The G-man? Invite him in! I love that big, bald teddy bear!

Vaughn: Isn't this kind of depressing? Why not just order some new stuff from Crate & Barrel?

Leslie: You were always my right hand in PRIDE.
Tina: Funny, I thought you were mine.

Victor: Do you think this is made with agave?
Janet: Are you Stacey Yorkes all of a sudden?
Victor: Well, processed sugar's the devil's jet fuel.

Janet: When I think about it, it was such a dumb dream. I I was gonna spend my life doing research on gravitational fields. Even just saying that out loud, it sounds really embarrassing.

On 12/20/2017 at 6:24 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Victor: Do you think this is made with agave?
Janet: Are you Stacey Yorkes all of a sudden?
Victor: Well, processed sugar's the devil's jet fuel.

I missed that one.  Damn, it's great.

• Love 2

Nico: Who was it that hacked [Amy]? An online creeper, or or someone trying a backdoor to get into Wizard?
Alex: It was your mom.

Dale: Isn't it cozy, Molly? And wow, look at all the different types of crosses! Who knew? Well, you knew, obviously, because of your - which is great.

Stacey: Honey, all we ever wanted is what's best for you.
Molly: Tossing me out like I'm some trash is good for me?
Stacey: Okay, I know this is hard to understand right now, but hopefully in time you'll see that we had your best interests at heart.
Molly: I hope so. 'Til then, bite me, Stacey.

Chase: Mom, what if [Victor] doesn't make it?
Janet: What if he does?

[doorbell rings]
Janet: That must be Dale and Stacey.
Chase: What, you invited them?
Janet: They're doctors.
Dale: You do realize we're not doctors.
Stacey: Well, not surgeons.
Catherine: You went to medical school.
Stacey: Yeah, in the '90s.

Dale: His pulse is faint, skin's cold. He's in shock, but he's hanging in there. I'd give him an hour or so before complete organ failure and death.
Stacey: It's his axillary artery.
[Stacey sticks her finger in the gaping wound and everyone else groans in disgust]
Stacey: Direct digital pressure is the best way to slow the hemorrhage.
Geoffrey: You guys need to stop it. 
Dale: Okay, sure, but we have no anesthesia, no blood for transfusion, never mind the basics, like gloves or sutures.

Stacey: Where's Leslie?
Tina: She wasn't invited. Too close to Jonah. He already thinks we're screw-ups. 
Geoffrey: This ain't gonna change his opinion.

Gert's voicemail: Hey, it's Gert. How about instead of leaving a message, you sign my petition demanding better wages for the Chinese factory workers who made this device?

Dale: How are gloves gonna help? Okay, so the light signature resembles that of a box, right, and if that converts matter into energy, then those gloves might also be some kind of regenerative technology.
Tina: Please, Dale, if the gunshot didn't kill him, you may bore him to death.

Karolina: That's the guy I met at the gala. Friends with my mom, part of the church. Stares very intensely.
Gert: Isn't that just how all guys look at you?

Tina: What other choice did we have once Frank killed Victor with his magic mittens?

Frank: I know you might've missed a string of action movies that I made in the early aughts for the Chinese market, but my martial arts training, it's very real.

Frank: Karolina, what are you doing here?
Karolina: I was gonna ask you the same thing.
Frank: There was an accident. Victor got hurt. The Steins asked some of their closest friends to come over and help.
Karolina: Dad, Victor Stein doesn't have any friends.

Gert: Chase, chill. Also, lacrosse sticks are not the cure-all for everything.

Tina: No offense, Janet, but the team can survive without you. It's not like you ever really brought anything to the table. 
Catherine: Is that really necessary?
Janet: No, no, it's okay. I'm glad she finally said it to my face. You've always judged me for being a stay-at-home mom, but the truth is, I could've done something else. I could've invented something and changed the world, but instead my life became about managing the brilliant Victor Stein. So you guys, you all took Jonah's gifts and you got success and fame, and I got an abusive megalomaniac!
Geoffrey: We know Victor wasn't easy, but if you'd come to us before, we could've helped.
Janet: Really? Would any of you have actually stood up to him?
Catherine: I guess now we'll never know.
Janet: You know what? Shut up, Catherine.
Leslie: It's time to embrace the light, Janet.
Janet: What about Dale? Look at Dale. What's so great about Dale? What's Dale ever done for Pride?
Dale: Research that's proven crucial to our mission, not to mention patenting a mind-wipe drug that everyone here's found pretty valuable.
Stacey: Um, we developed that patent together, in case anybody was gonna vote against me.
Janet: But when push came to shove, neither one of you could save Victor.
Dale: We only needed to save Victor because you shot him, Janet.
Robert: Why don't we go get Frank? Put him in the box. He's not even in Pride.
Leslie: Not the worst idea.

Dale: Now somebody is getting in the goddamn box, and personally, I don't mind if it's Tina. I'm just putting it out there. That's my vote.
Stacey: Dale, what are you doing with a gun?
Dale: It was on the table.
Leslie: Do you even know how to fire it?
Dale: Nope! That means I am unpredictable and therefore much more dangerous! Okay, now, let's go now!
Geoffrey: Put the gun down, Dale.
Dale: Crap. He got the drop on me.

Alex: Either you've forgiven me, or you have a secret fetish for snuff films.

Gert: If Frank Dean is our only hope, we are way more screwed than I realized.

Brandon: Bro hug?

Alex: All these people feeling sorry for [Chase]. He doesn't need a hug. What he needs is a punch in the face.
Gert: Another reason to miss Molly.

Alex: I've got a busted laptop that says we're past the point of polite conversation.

Gert: We can't disband the group. We never even gave ourselves a cool nickname.

Poster: NON HOLIDAY SPECIFIC SEASONAL DANCE

Gert: We'll take five tickets, you hateful bitch.

Geoffrey: Where are all my guys?
Jonah: I've dismissed them. We're going to need a different level of security going forward.
Robert: And Leslie's church can provide that?

Alex: When I was in AV club, we had an old VHS machine that we used to stash in the closet at the library. Maybe it's still there.
[everyone else looks at each other]
Alex: What? It used to be a cool club.
Karolina: Definitely.
Nico: No, no.
Gert: It's literally the club in every teen movie they use to show how uncool someone is.
Chase: Guys, come on. Don't take away his one thing.
Alex: You're all assholes.

Karolina: Maybe our parents don't know what that dig will do.
Alex: Come on. Of course they do.
Gert: They just went from serial killers to genocidal maniacs.

Alex: Forget turning our parents in. We have to stop them.
Chase: Stop them from what? What are they even doing? Digging a hole?

Chase: Mom. what are you doing?
Janet: There's no need to involve the housekeeper in any of this.
Chase: Pride doesn't have a cleaner? I thought every group of shadeball criminals had one.

Chase: Dates are so heteronormative. That's what Gert says. Most of the time, I don't even know what the hell she's talking about. Apparently there are a lot of ways to offend someone. But once in a while, she does make a good point.

Gert: It looks like the Lyft armada has arrived.

You said you were off the drugs. This better not be a crack baby.

Alex: That is one deep ass hole.

Gert: "How was Molly's day off? Steal a sportscar or lead a parade?"

Gert: "What about my secret weapon?"
Alex: "She stays in the car."
Karolina: "Crack the window though. This is LA. If anybody sees an animal in a car they'll call the cops even if it is a dinosaur."

Chase: If it was me in [Karolina's] place, I'd want you guys to go.
Nico: Well, if it was you in her place, we would.

Dale: Don't forget about Leslie's beard, Frank.

Janet: How do we know that Jonah isn't [Molly's] father too?
Stacey: Alice? No chance. GROSS.

Leslie: How could you go to [Jonah] and betray us like that?
Frank: Betray? I think you're the expert in that field. Mind wiping me? Don't deny it, Leslie. Then having a child with him.

Nico: So you want to talk about it?
Chase: Talk about what?
Nico: When we found you at the dance last night, you reeked of hook up.
Chase: Yeah? Well so did you. Relax, I'm not going to tell Wilder. Though it does explain why Karolina wasn't into me. I knew there had to be a good reason.

Nico: Not exactly flying under the radar.
Molly: Alex said undercover, not invisible.

Nico: Look at us - Brentwood's finest wearing crap other people threw away.
Molly: The struggle is real.

Alex: I went down to Hollywood Boulevard hoping I could find someone at a coffee shop who'd lend me their laptop. Instead I saw several grown men urinating, I had to stop a fist fight between two shoeless meth heads fighting over an empty cottage cheese container, oh, and if you want a tour of stars' homes or catch a double feature, I can hook you up. Also there's a map of the church here handed out by an alcoholic Elmo.

Gert: Did you know a chicken costs eight bucks?
Alex: You had to go to Whole Foods.

Stacey: Do you know how sonar equipment even works?
Dale: Of course! Sure I do. Kind of. Gene and I used to mess around with reflected sound waves, throw a few back. It was fun. I miss those guys.
Stacey: And all this time it was Leslie who was responsible. I'd like to kill that bitch myself.
Dale: Not to mention all that energy we wasted hating Tina.

Gert: I suffer from anxiety.
Nico: Don't they have meds for that?
Gert: Yeah, I've got a whole bottle of them sitting at home. It's also my first day without my emotional support dinosaur.

Alex: Well, you know what they say - the enemy of my enemy is my friend.
Darius: Is that right? Then I guess we tight as hell.

Tina: If we killed you tonight in this basement, no one would ever know.

[everyone looks at the departure schedule at the bus station]
Alex: There's not much to choose from. It's not too late to change your minds.
Chase: Yeah, it is. I say Phoenix.
Molly: Does Arizona like brown people? I don't think they do.

Stacey: I'm willing to say "I'm Spartacus" if everyone else is. 

On 12/27/2017 at 4:52 AM, ElectricBoogaloo said:

Janet: What about Dale? Look at Dale. What's so great about Dale? What's Dale ever done for Pride?

Later

Dale: *fires gun accidentally*

Geoffrey: Who does that?!

Janet: See?! Box him!