Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E04: eXit strategy

Bort

On 10/24/2017 at 1:03 PM, stealinghome said:

For the first, I really hope the show explores Lauren's experience as a "closeted mutant" for 2-3 years pre-show more. I find her to be far more interesting than little Magneto In Training, and seeing her realize she's a mutant and not be able to tell anyone and learn how to control her powers without telling anyone is a compelling idea. Show us what it's like to live in the mutant closet and have to live every day with that huge secret even while your friends, even family, are bigoted. Plus, I think the actress is one of the better performers on the show, so let's give her a chance to spread her wings.

100% agree with this. I said this to a friend who also watches the show after the second episode and she agreed with me. I would love to see that time in Lauren's life with her finding out she has powers, hiding it from everyone (for three years!), and how she dealt with that, on top of being a teenager. Lauren is my favorite character so I would be over the moon if the show did a flashback Lauren episode. The scene where she's thinking about her "old life" and about it being Sunday and how the football team bake sale (or something like that) was supposed to happen that day...I love getting a glimpse of her normal life and I want to see more. Also agree on the actress being wonderful and perfect for the role.

Loved this episode, probably my favorite so far. Yes, Polaris gets all the praise (rightfully so) for being a total badass, but I think Lauren is as much of a badass as she is. Her quick realization that Andy performs better when he's mad was genius and if she didn't realize that, the whole thing would have been a complete bust. Loved her reasoning with Caitlin that her and Andy should help rescue Reed and Polaris. I laughed when Caitlin said "So you're just going to use my own words against me?" because I immediately thought the same thing. Still enjoying Lauren and Andy's sibling relationship and how awesome they were together in blowing up that tire. Maybe there is something about mutant siblings and that's why Garret Dillahunt's character got very excited when he found out about the Strucker Siblings a couple of episodes ago.

Before I started watching the show, I thought I would be more interested in the Mutant Underground storyline, so I was surprised when it turned out that the Struckers became my favorite part of the show (mostly due to the siblings and Caitlin). I teared up a little bit when Reed and Caitlin were reunited (not so when Polaris and Marcos were reunited). Reed telling Polaris to take the pins from his leg so they can escape made me cringe, but that was a pretty cool moment.

On 10/23/2017 at 7:21 PM, janeta said:

well wait—aren't surgical implants made of titanium and non-magnetic?

It's not like someone with them might be in an MRI or anything... oh, wait...

On 10/24/2017 at 6:50 PM, tennisgurl said:

I think if he can learn to channel his powers through a less negative emotion, and learns to control them, he could be alright, and this could be the origin of a hero, albeit probably a darker hero.

On 10/25/2017 at 0:32 AM, wayne67 said:

will Andy and his sister get some training from any of the older more experienced mutants ?

Maybe he and Blink can practice together, so she can use something other than fear (or fake-love) and he can use something other than anger to use their powers.

On 10/26/2017 at 10:48 AM, Hanahope said:

I do have to keep track as to which universe I'm in, between Gifted and Inhuman.

Here's a handy guide.

The Gifted:

On 10/27/2017 at 8:17 PM, stealinghome said:

I really appreciated that all the adults were painted as decent, empathetic human beings in that regard. It makes me want to root for them.

The Inhumans:

The Royals are spoiled brats who treat everyone not in their family like crap, especially the non-mutants of Attilan.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, jhlipton said:

The Inhumans:

The Royals are spoiled brats who treat everyone not in their family like crap, especially the non-mutants of Attilan.

To be specific it is normally the Inhumans/mutants with a power set or mutation deemed unworthy or not useful by the ruling class. To go beyond that is an Inhumans spoiler 

Spoiler

where the antagonist's Inhuman transformation was to be stripped of Inhuman DNA and turned completely human.

13 hours ago, Raja said:

To be specific it is normally the Inhumans/mutants with a power set or mutation deemed unworthy or not useful by the ruling class. To go beyond that is an Inhumans spoiler 

Hide contents

where the antagonist's Inhuman transformation was to be stripped of Inhuman DNA and turned completely human.

Nah, they (especially Medusa) treat "regular" humans like crap, too.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, jhlipton said:

Nah, they (especially Medusa) treat "regular" humans like crap, too.

On the moon there were no regular humans. Part of the Inhumans on earth somehow set up a moon colony of their own kind.

• Love 1
On 10/30/2017 at 8:16 AM, Raja said:

On the moon there were no regular humans. Part of the Inhumans on earth somehow set up a moon colony of their own kind.

Medusa and Black Bolt treat humans on Earth like crap. 

• Love 1
On ‎10‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 3:37 PM, CooperTV said:

The time the show spent on the teleportation lady being fake-in love with Johnny and having weird sex dreams about him should have been spent on developing Johnny and his captured mutant friend's backstory. It's not CW, guys, I think we can handle an episode without fake romantic tension scenes.

I 100% agree.  This whole fake-memory-will-turn-into-real-feelings is just...bleh.  I hate it already and wish it would go away.  I won't hold my breath.

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2017 at 9:12 AM, Finis Terre said:

No fair picking on the mom for doing what she should be doing, i.e. trying to protect her kids. Had she encouraged the team to use the kids as much as possible, people would have called her out on being a bad mom. Ultimately, she and the kids proved instrumental to the success of the mission. Team work! :)

Haha, true.  I don't know a mother worth her salt who would say, "Oh, you want to put my kids in a dangerous situation?  Sure, go right ahead!"