Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E22: Reasonable Doubt

• Start Topic

Not sure why, but it took me a few moments to get back into the episode once Henry from The Americans showed up as Josh Lyman's elder child, and apparently highly neglected son.  Also - seems they're on a West Wing stars two-week trip, Josh Lyman and Will Bailey.

• Love 2

I've sunk with my Finanda ship so there will be lack of oxygen in this post. It's not often I wake up an early hour just to watch the episode before work but I had to find out who Rollins was hooking up with (more exciting mystery to me than who was 'the thing' with Olivia on the plane). I can't say I'm surprised, the hints have been there and let's face it as long as she doesn't hook up with @sshat Nate or someone she feels forced to go down on then I'm... not okay just yet but I think I will be when I've grown gills down here with my wreck.

What about that scene when Murphy called Rollins into his office tho? Weird or was it just me? Still love Murphy tho & he might be right about her blind spot for men in power but bringing up her Atlanta captain? Is that in her records or something? I didn't think they hooked up tho. And Cragen? Don't go there pls. I know Murph explained that one away with the hooker in the bed but... I dunno. Weird.

As for the case... Woody/Polanski/Whitford delievered, it was okay. Poor kid. Good Barba. Keep Murphy.

Back to chipping for air now...

Okay, the line from Sars's recap that still has me giggling? "But it's Amaro, so nobody really listens to him, and overall that's fine by me." Heh, awesome.

Anyway, the episode was interesting, but—pardon me a wee rant for a moment—are TPTB allergic to showing the closing arguments these days?  They could've cut two minutes of ANYTHING else and just shown highlights of Barba's and Cohen's final statements so we weren't going into the verdict blind.  Y U NO WRITE SUMMATIONS, SVU WRITERS?  I WANT TO BASK IN THE GLORY OF BARBA'S SNARK AND SPIFFY SUITS!  ::incoherent sounds of rage::

As for Murphy's discussion with Rollins about authority figures, I took it to mean that he thought she had a blind spot because she looked up to them (and thus was predisposed to presume their innocence...which, granted, should be done of all potential suspects, but whatever), not because she had intimate relationships with them.

Meanwhile, the second the "ugly duckling" sister came on the screen, I was all "Okay, what is her role?  Did she coach the kid?  How does she fit into this mess, because clearly she can't just be an innocent bystander."  Oh well, I suppose they don't have the luxury of introducing lots of superfluous characters to mask those who are actually important and add a minor air of mystery.  Le sigh.

If nothing else, I'm excited for all the guest stars next week!  And BD Wong is back!!  GLEE!!

• Love 3

Anyway, the episode was interesting, but—pardon me a wee rant for a moment—are TPTB allergic to showing the closing arguments these days?  They could've cut two minutes of ANYTHING else and just shown highlights of Barba's and Cohen's final statements so we weren't going into the verdict blind.  Y U NO WRITE SUMMATIONS, SVU WRITERS?  I WANT TO BASK IN THE GLORY OF BARBA'S SNARK AND SPIFFY SUITS!  ::incoherent sounds of rage::

I agree. If they cut out most of the asinine scenes like showing Rollins and Amaro at her apartment (oh, please), then they could fit in the closing arguments, etc. This shows need to be about the cases, IMO.

• Love 2