Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E17: Lines In The Sand

• Start Topic

In all the screaming about Lisa and the tabloid in PR (I remain on the fence about how the whole thing went down) and talk about true friends it never ceases to amaze me that no one asked Brandi why she bought the damn things in the first place.

Brandi has said that she reads them all the time.  She has even tweeted that "It's a night for curling up, wine and reading the tabloids."  Or something like that.  I think it was in Star Magazine or Us Weekly.  Which are really only a step below People these days.  I think those magazines sell a lot of copies each week.  And many of us here look at worse (ahem Radar) online. So I don't get why it's such a sin for Brandi to buy a tabloid magazine.  

• Love 1

Brandi has said that she reads them all the time. She has even tweeted that "It's a night for curling up, wine and reading the tabloids." Or something like that. I think it was in Star Magazine or Us Weekly. Which are really only a step below People these days. I think those magazines sell a lot of copies each week. And many of us here look at worse (ahem Radar) online. So I don't get why it's such a sin for Brandi to buy a tabloid magazine.

I don't think it is. In fact, I didn't think any of the story sounded very exciting. Convoluted, but much ado about nothing. My point was that Brandi was making a big deal about the situation so it surprised me that Kyle or Mauricio never asked her about why she had them out in the first place.

For the record I don't think either Brandi or Lisa lied exactly. I think Brandi had these tabloids and was beside herself with glee to show them to Lisa and Lisa and some point either made a bad (and mean spirited) joke or told Brandi something along the lines of "well then show them to Kyle if you're so concerned".

• Love 2
My point was that Brandi was making a big deal about the situation so it surprised me that Kyle or Mauricio never asked her about why she had them out in the first place.

I don't think anyone asked because they all knew the reason she had them. Like the rest of them she probably has a subscription to all the rags.

Lisa mentioned that she hadn't seen the articles until she got home and Ken showed them to her. I cannot envision Ken standing on line at Ralph's to buy them, so they probably get them delivered to their home with the mail like everyone else.
  • Love 2

I don't think anyone asked because they all knew the reason she had them. Like the rest of them she probably has a subscription to all the rags.

Lisa mentioned that she hadn't seen the articles until she got home and Ken showed them to her. I cannot envision Ken standing on line at Ralph's to buy them, so they probably get them delivered to their home with the mail like everyone else.

This has always confused me-how is it at the beginning of the season-Lisa referenced the tabloid articles but when it came up later she hadn't read them until she got home? 

• Love 1