Type keyword(s) to search

Season 7 Speculation

• Start Topic

While I saw that there was a post for discussing spoilers for the upcoming season, I didn't see one for speculation so here it is. What do you want to see in the next season?

I'd like The Beatles to be mentioned. I get that the show doesn't probably doesn't have the budget to license clips or songs, but they could have a subplot about Timmy trying to earn money for Beatles tickets to impress a girl. 

I'd actually like to see them write Trixie as pregnant. The Midwives are usually the ones who are fixing the problems of the community and I think it'd be really interesting to see one of them dealing with an unplanned pregnancy from the side of the patient rather than the healthcare provider. Particularly if the dentist she was dating, who would presumably be the father, did not marry her. Given the time her only real option would be to give the child for adoption and I think that would be very interesting to see portrayed as more than a one-off patient storyline.

20 hours ago, anna0852 said:

I'd actually like to see them write Trixie as pregnant. The Midwives are usually the ones who are fixing the problems of the community and I think it'd be really interesting to see one of them dealing with an unplanned pregnancy from the side of the patient rather than the healthcare provider. Particularly if the dentist she was dating, who would presumably be the father, did not marry her. Given the time her only real option would be to give the child for adoption and I think that would be very interesting to see portrayed as more than a one-off patient storyline.

I have thought this too.  The only thing I don't like and why I think they might stray away from her portraying her pregnant, or at least have the Dentist marry her, is that I think given that they work for Nuns and is s5 we saw what happened to the teacher.... Sister Juliene might have no choice but to fire her for impropriety. I would only see them going that route is Helen George has stated she wanted to leave the show to be an at home mom.

• Love 1

I think that Sister Juilenne would be okay with Trixie going away to have the baby and returning but there's no way she would let her work while visibly pregnant and unmarried. Even if she was personally okay with it, she would most likely be overruled by the person in charge of the Mother House and there is no way the community would accept Trixie as an unwed mother.

• Love 1
53 minutes ago, anna0852 said:

I think that Sister Juilenne would be okay with Trixie going away to have the baby and returning but there's no way she would let her work while visibly pregnant and unmarried. Even if she was personally okay with it, she would most likely be overruled by the person in charge of the Mother House and there is no way the community would accept Trixie as an unwed mother.

I agree, but there is also the consideration of would the dentist be okay with this.  He loves his daughter, love being a father.  I don't think he would be okay with Trixie getting rid of their child.  I think he would do the right thing.

• Love 1

Very true. They could go in the direction of Trixie having to get married and giving up her career which would also be an interesting direction to take her but would be harder to keep her within the orbit of Nonnatus house. The reason I was leaning towards the dentist not marrying her is because I have the impression that his first marriage was this exact situation and that he wouldn't want to get into it again. Ultimately I don't think they would write it in simply because those are the only two options: that either Trixie has to get married and stopped working or has to go to the unwed mothers home. It's 1962, we are not going to see her as some revolutionary single mother who continues to work full-time as a midwife. At least not in London. If she moved to the other end of the country she might be able to pass herself as a widow.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, LadyChaos said:

Agreed.  Do we know if they are don filming already?  If they are, they could have worked around a great deal of it due to the fact she may not have been showing yet.

I don't think they are done filming yet; filming began in May with the Christmas episode and continued with season 7 filming.  I think I heard it takes at least six months to film the full season; IDK if that's accurate, though.

16 hours ago, OnceSane said:

I don't think they are done filming yet; filming began in May with the Christmas episode and continued with season 7 filming.  I think I heard it takes at least six months to film the full season; IDK if that's accurate, though.

Sounds like that would be. I mean most shows filming full seasons of 1 hour eps film 10 months... and their eps are actually shorter because of commercials. So then I wonder if they incorporate d HG pregnancy, tried to hide her in baggy clothes which will be difficult due to Trixies love of fashion, or have her for away for some trip?

20 minutes ago, LadyChaos said:

I wonder if they incorporate d HG pregnancy, tried to hide her in baggy clothes which will be difficult due to Trixies love of fashion, or have her for away for some trip?

They also, conceivably (ha, no pun intended), could have filmed some later-occurring scenes with Trixie earlier in the process so they'd be able to do them before she started showing much. We already know they do plenty of out-of-episode-order filming to accommodate shooting interior and exterior scenes in disparate locations. Add that to the time-honored tradition of filming pregnant actors from the chest up or obscured by furniture, etc., and combine it with avoiding outdoor/bicycling scenes and writing Trixie out for a couple of episodes, and they could do a decent (if obvious) job of disguising HG's pregnancy.

• Love 4

Well if they a lot of that then they wouldn't really need to write her out for a couple episodes.... maybe send her off on trip with Christopher for one episode toward the end when she is bigger, but since those show is only 8 eps, taking her out for 2-3 eps is practically half the season, like in s6 where she stayed in Africa longer.

• Love 1