Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E04: Beyond the Grave

Young!JohnnyBonds! What a cutie he was (and still is). 

Boy, the PD really screwed up in 1975 by not conducting a complete investigation on the case. Just the multiple stories Kathy gave to her friends would have been enough to suspect her of murder back then. I bet her daughter tipped her off that the cops were looking into the case again. They should have interviewed her friends first, then her daughter and  Kathy at the same time.

It would be nice if they could make cases against Kathy for murdering her 5th husband and mother-in-law too.

• Love 4

The obvious issue is the position of the body and the gun. No way that could be a suicide or accident. And since Kathy admitted she was there, it's pretty obvious what happened. But that alone isn't enough to get an indictment. The variety of stories she's told over the years is interesting, but it's hard to imagine getting a conviction on that evidence. 

• Love 1

Kathy seems like an excellent candidate for an Ann Rule book. (You know, if AR weren't dead, that is) I bet there's lots of stuff to dig up with all those other dead folk. This is the kind of thing that makes me sad they only spend a week or two on each case.

• Love 1

I think they came to the best conclusion they could considering what they had to work with.  It wasn't properly investigated by in 75 and almost all the evidence is gone.  I definitely don't think it was a suicide.

I was thinking the daughter might have tipped them off but then why draw more suspicion on your mother by telling the police you wouldn't be surprised if she killed the first husband?  It might very well have been the friend who told Kathy, the one who told the police she was on the cruise to begin with.

Edited by benteen

I looked up a news article about this, which led to local people’s comments. That wasn’t Mary Hogue on the phone, it was someone who happened to be at her home and answered the phone. So saying that Kathy told her it was an accident was a fabrication.

I’m having a hard time believing this show anymore if they cannot verify who they are talking to.