Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E02: Fresh Wounds

Kelly Siegler and Johnny Bonds aid local law enforcement and dig into their freshest case yet, the 2-year-old disappearance of a professional photographer; DNA testing and cell phone data analysis could be the key to cracking the case.

Well, I learned that machine washing confuses DNA, but doesn't erase it! That's weird and fun. I wonder what the magic is that does rid cloth of the stuff...um, asking for a friend...

I wanted to hear some testimony from the various credit card companies.  Has Gale paid them, since they're  supposedly legit?

I loved the farmer woman. And I always love JohnnyBonds.

• Love 4

I wonder why they didn't obtain a search warrant to look for a body on the farm after getting all that new circumstantial evidence? If Gale buried him, disturbed ground would be easy to see after only a year and a half. But if he was fed to the critters, that's another story.

The pencil drawings of the two suspects was something new.

That farmer woman kinda scared me. And I'm a pretty tough woman myself.

• Love 3

They are going to have a tough time getting an indictment in this case. While its pretty clear what happened, no body really hurts this case. And while they have a good motive and lots of circumstantial evidence, especially the cell phone data (amazing how helpful that data is to convicting people) I just don't think its enough. Gale and her mom lying doesn't help their case at all either. But there is just enough reasonable doubt to put this case in the cold files

• Love 2
22 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

I wonder why they didn't obtain a search warrant to look for a body on the farm after getting all that new circumstantial evidence? If Gale buried him, disturbed ground would be easy to see after only a year and a half.

We wondered about this, too. I can see they may not have had probable cause for a warrant initially, but I would think there's enough now to do a more thorough search. Maybe that's next on the agenda.

I, too, loved the farmer woman!  "* I * could take him!"  Indeed!

• Love 3

I admit to fastforwarding a lot, but was Gale on the deed?  I thought it was his house.  Did he leave it to Gale in a will?
I'll be looking to see what happens on this one.

Also, since we have an all episdoe topic, why do we have to have individual ones, because this isn't exactly a show with a big following.

• Love 1
23 hours ago, Galloway Cave said:

I wonder why they didn't obtain a search warrant to look for a body on the farm after getting all that new circumstantial evidence? If Gale buried him, disturbed ground would be easy to see after only a year and a half. But if he was fed to the critters, that's another story.

The pencil drawings of the two suspects was something new.

That farmer woman kinda scared me. And I'm a pretty tough woman myself.

There is something scary about pencil sketches, particularly when related to a criminal case.  I thought it was because they weren't going to show the two women onscreen but they ended up doing so.  My guess is they just didn't have pictures of the two of them.

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, benteen said:

My guess is they just didn't have pictures of the two of them.

They usually use driver's license photos to pin up on the board. Gale had to have one because she drove a truck. Her mom may not have a DL but should have a passport since she was originally from another country (blanking on the name right now). I  wonder how they drew the pics. Did an artist freeze-frame some of the footage and draw from that? Kind of weird. Just use the freeze-frame picture!

• Love 1

Yeah, they never did specify who legally owned the farm. From what I understood it did not belong to Gale as he wanted her to move out. I would think a search warrant  would be easy to obtain since they would be searching the property of the individual who disappeared. Unless Gale or her mother were on the deed they have no legal right to be there. (I'm not a lawyer so I could be wrong.)

• Love 1

Since they did search the barn and found the camera equipment, I think we can assume they searched the premises. Whether they used a cadaver dog or actually searched for a body we don't know.

• Love 2