Type keyword(s) to search

"The Daily Show": Week of 5/5/14

5/5: Mariano Rivera (former New York Yankee & author – promoting book “The Closer”)
5/6: Peter Schuck (author – promoting book “Why Government Fails So Often: And How It Can Do Better”)
5/7: Seth Rogen (actor – promoting movie “Neighbors”)
5/8: Katie Couric (journalist – promoting documentary “Fed Up”)

I wonder if it's wrong that I want Jon Stewart to make Katie Couric look silly?  I won't stop wanting it, even if it is wrong. . . just wondering.  Her talk show was just so shallow that it made me angry

Wow, that yogurt thing was extra ridiculous. And I'm almost afraid to ask, but is "apple muffin" a, shall we say, term for something? I didn't know if he was just giggling at the absurdity of it all, or if there was something particular about apple muffin.

I took it as he was getting tired of the ridiculousness of the questions and couldn't hold the laughter in any longer. 

In MA there is a bill to make the Fluffernutter the official state sandwich because Fluff was invented here. Not the healthiest option when it comes to sandwiches.

So when I watched the yogurt debate, I missed it the first time that this was a 4th grade project and thought this was a serious debate about the official New York state snack food (rather than some sort of civics exercise) and I though that someone should think about checking the floor for a carbon monoxide leak or something, because they've all lost their minds.  I'm impressed that Sen. Apple Muffin was able to keep a straight face for as long as he did.

(edited)
So when I watched the yogurt debate, I missed it the first time that this was a 4th grade project and thought this was a serious debate about the official New York state snack food (rather than some sort of civics exercise) and I though that someone should think about checking the floor for a carbon monoxide leak or something, because they've all lost their minds.  I'm impressed that Sen. Apple Muffin was able to keep a straight face for as long as he did.

I was sort of impressed with how long all of them kept up the act.  I had to actually explain to my husband that they were pretty clearly doing this as some kind of demonstration for how government works for that fourth grade class.  

How bad is our process?  It took until Senator Apple Muffin finally started to lose it for him to believe they were all participating in an orchestrated example of debate.  We're just that used to that level of absurdity.  

Special points to the guy with the spread collar (who was completely proving why that look isn't necessarily a good one for all men) who either missed his calling on the stage with the "did you ever consider pretzels?  What about yogurt-covered-pretzels?"  or he just really manages to give the words "yogurt-covered-prezels" an almost impressive level of gravitas.  

Jon did get that they were doing that on purpose, didn't he?  

Edited by stillshimpy