Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E01: One of Our Own

Kelly and the team revisit a 1991 case of a missing corrections officer whose skeletal remains were found eighteen months later.

Well, I still like this show. It's a solid premise for a reality/procedural, and a window into a world foreign to me. 

I thought this case ended up more thinly than a lot of the cases we've seen in previous seasons, and given that the husband is LEO, I wouldn't be surprised if the grand jury doesn't indict. I wonder how long it takes before a GJ hears it, anyway? I can't often tell if a DA is just playing for the cameras and agreeing to go forward, or if there are other reasons a case doesn't get heard before it airs. (I would think the footage of relieved/hopeful family members would inspire/guilt them into moving along, right? Also, I don't understand how it being on teevee before they do wouldn't be seen as prejudicial, but maybe that doesn't count, pre-indictment.

And not for nothing: when a registered sex offender in Texas uses the sitting Republican president as his example of abusive behavior and bragging, we are indeed through the looking glass.

Especially delightful to me was the promise of next week's case and the return of my favorite investigator muffin JOHNNYBONDS!

• Love 5

It seems like this is a case that is more likely to be solved as a cold case, rather than solved at the time it happened. People weren't willing to talk about Larry at the time because he was a co-worker and they didn't want to risk their job. The other suspect didn't want to admit his affair at the time but did now (and the girlfriend corroborated his alibi). Larry's multiple stories and denials of abuse came out. His friend that saw him cleaning the car that weekend was found. The big problem I had with Larry's story was being able to see his wife in the passenger seat, being pushed down, in a car that was driving from right to left in front of him at night. No way can he see that much detail in the passenger seat in the dark. He was also not able to get even a partial plate with all the driving he did behind the car he allegedly did. I think they have a shot at him this time.

Yay for JohnnyBonds!

• Love 2

Evidently they actually did indict Larry :  http://www.itemonline.com/news/ex-husband-charged-with-wife-s-murder-in--year/article_888afa82-5d06-11e7-a51b-97654425af6a.html

I'm thinking the DA tries to cut a deal here. While everything points to Larry, we are ultimately left with a lot of strange behavior, but more inference than evidence. His story makes no sense, plus the cleaning of the car is telling, but with no direct evidence, its going to be tough sledding. 

• Love 3

Good link!  This jumped out at me, from the DA David Weeks (the dark haired dude with the white beard):

his office made sure to present LeFlore’s case to a grand jury before the show came out to avoid it possibly influencing grand jurors.

Too bad the show didn't have time to update the closing title card before airing.

• Love 1

I wish they had addressed Yolanda's absence. We have speculated here that she started backing away when the controversies about Kelly began emerging, and I suspect she's not back this season because she doesn't want to be associated with the show.  I just wish the show had mentioned her, even if they had to make up a reason for her absence.

• Love 1