Type keyword(s) to search

S25.E04: Inadequate

• Start Topic

At this point, I should just root for CT and Cohutta, and hope neither of them do anything stupid. My range with this season runs from "meh" to "God, shut UP, Zach!"

And when did Jordan get so unpopular? I was against him for a bit, especially since he's "dating" Laurel, who enjoys sucking out people's souls . . . then I see him argue with Johnny in a teaser for next week. Now I'm all ready to root for him again, because Johnny always needs to get his ass kicked.

• Love 1

Jordan screaming in Jessica's face? Fine with me. In fact, I encourage it. She needs to take her Rainbow Brite socks and hit the road. 

I was actually rooting for Aneesa tonight, mostly because I didn't want Laurel to get her way. I also expect that Aneesa wouldn't have been great in the elimination challenge. She's bigger than most of the other girls, but I don't think she's faster than Cara Maria. But poor LaToya. We hardly knew ye'.

Did anything else even happen? Preston patting himself on the back for running around in a Zorb? I die. 

What is it about Brandon that attracts the votes?  I think I've seen every season from his debut in Fresh Meat, and while it's possible I've forgotten a long run, it seems to me that whenever the "house" can vote for Brandon, they do.

• Love 1

I guess it always seems like it's painless to put him out (or into eliminations) because no one ever seems to be in an uproar about it.  Kinda surprising that for as long as he's been a part of these shows that he hasn't seemed to forge any alliances with any of the people on there to where someone with clout would actually lobby for him. 

Brandon gets votes because he does not have any strong ties with the others that have years of friendships. I also think he is to "normal" & nice. He isn't messy or mean so he's easy to vote out without causing drama. This is an alliance game, even though they are calling it "free agent" it is far from it. If there is voting, there can be alliances which means no one is really a free agent. They should have called it "wild card". A real free agent game would be no voting period. Whomever comes in last or 2nd to last goes into the duel & if you lose you go home. That would stop the alliances & weed out the weak. No more carrying of Jazmin, Jonna, Jessica, Devyn etc. Since it's not that way, anyone going in without a core group of friends will get voted in. 

*sigh*.....and another brother bites the dust.....swift and leroy.....they're coming for you......

It's not about race, it's about alliances. Brandon didn't have any so it was an easy vote. Swift doesn't either. If you go into the house without alliances you're screwed. I hope Leroy doesn't go, he's very likable but he is a threat. Free Agent really doesn't work as there is voting & whomever has the most friends will go the furthest. 

(edited)

It's not about race, it's about alliances. Brandon didn't have any so it was an easy vote. Swift doesn't either. If you go into the house without alliances you're screwed. I hope Leroy doesn't go, he's very likable but he is a threat. Free Agent really doesn't work as there is voting & whomever has the most friends will go the furthest.

I dunno...it felt awfully reminiscent of that "trim the fat" business on a previous challenge when all the women kept getting voted in. I hate to think of race being a factor with this, but weren't all the folks "nominated" on both sides black? Maybe I'm misremembering

Edited by spaceytraci1208

Yes, both people nominated this episode were black (Brandon and LaToya). However, it's not as if only AA contestants have been nominated over the last 4 episodes. Chet, Dustin, Johnny, and Brandon have been nominated for the men, and LaToya, Jonna, and Nia have been nominated for the women. So, as it stands now, three white folks have been nominated and four AA people have been nominated. As of now, it appears on the up and up to me. 

Brandon gets votes because he does not have any strong ties with the others that have years of friendships. I also think he is to "normal" & nice. He isn't messy or mean so he's easy to vote out without causing drama. 

Couldn't the same thing be said about Darrell? He wasn't messy, stay collected, and always kept out of drama (only time I've seen him in drama was during his fight with Brad) and that seemed to grant him lots of success during challenges. He might have had some alliances but it was never obvious...I miss some of the old challengers.

Zach is developing a bit of a bitchitude. It's weird to explain but I have a feeling later on he's going to either flip his hair, side eye another competitor, or roll his eyes and purse his lips. 

Jordan and Laurel are annoying the ever living hell out of me. Jordan already has his annoying natural tendencies, and apparently whatever he's thrusting into Laurel is contagious because Laurel is developing those same annoying tendencies as well.

I'm kinda disappointed with the format of these challenges so far. I don't mind the random teams, but I'd think it'd be awesome if even the winners (except for the MVP) were up for elimination, the mind games and politics would be way more dramatic then what they are now. The game is undoubtedly going to get ugly as more and more people go, and friendships are so fickle in the house.

I dunno...it felt awfully reminiscent of that "trim the fat" business on a previous challenge when all the women kept getting voted in. I hate to think of race being a factor with this, but weren't all the folks "nominated" on both sides black? Maybe I'm misremembering

Dustin is about as far from black as you can get. I really don't see this as being about race, I could see why you would. If this were another show or a different group of people, then sure, I would feel that way too. But this is all about friendships & alliances & unfortunately for the black players this season they came in without any alliances or were brand new. They will always pick off the loners or newbies & then start going after the strong. I know for me, if I were in the house I would vote out whomever wasn't there to have my back so if that meant people I didn't know had to go in, that is what would happen & it wouldn't be about their color or gender. Plus, didn't the black contenders nominate & vote as well?

Couldn't the same thing be said about Darrell? He wasn't messy, stay collected, and always kept out of drama (only time I've seen him in drama was during his fight with Brad) and that seemed to grant him lots of success during challenges. He might have had some alliances but it was never obvious...I miss some of the old challengers.

Zach is developing a bit of a bitchitude. It's weird to explain but I have a feeling later on he's going to either flip his hair, side eye another competitor, or roll his eyes and purse his lips. 

Jordan and Laurel are annoying the ever living hell out of me. Jordan already has his annoying natural tendencies, and apparently whatever he's thrusting into Laurel is contagious because Laurel is developing those same annoying tendencies as well.

I'm kinda disappointed with the format of these challenges so far. I don't mind the random teams, but I'd think it'd be awesome if even the winners (except for the MVP) were up for elimination, the mind games and politics would be way more dramatic then what they are now. The game is undoubtedly going to get ugly as more and more people go, and friendships are so fickle in the house.

I agree about Jordan & it's a shame he doesn't leave it on the field so to speak as he's a very good competitor. I don't blame him for Laurel's attitude as she's always had that. Remember how badly she treated Landon's partner when they won (I think her name was Carly)? 

I don't like the team challenges, the teams are too big. I don't mind a 2 person team but when they are so large you can't tell who is really doing what & people like Jonna & Jazmin get carried. I've said it numerous times, I want a challenge that is truly every man/woman for themselves. No teams & no voting.

Jordan screaming in Jessica's face? Fine with me. In fact, I encourage it. She needs to take her Rainbow Brite socks and hit the road. 

I was actually rooting for Aneesa tonight, mostly because I didn't want Laurel to get her way. I also expect that Aneesa wouldn't have been great in the elimination challenge. She's bigger than most of the other girls, but I don't think she's faster than Cara Maria. But poor LaToya. We hardly knew ye'.

Did anything else even happen? Preston patting himself on the back for running around in a Zorb? I die. 

Aneesa hold the record along with Cara Maria now for the most elimination wins at 8. That's pretty impressive. I do not see her doing well in a final that would require a lot of endurance. I wish her a win because she's been doing this along time (10 challenges). Then she could retire. 

I don't think the vote was based on race, but I can see where someone else might see it that way. As someone else mentioned up thread, there are a few AA contestants this season for whom this is their first challenge--LaToya, Nia, and Swift. Swift hasn't gone in yet, I just realized. The house normally does throw in newbies first...has he been eligible to be nominated? I can't remember.

I was so mad Brandon went in. I love Brandon, and I feel like he always gets the short end of the stick. I don't know why. He's athletic and strong, but not as much so as CT or Zack. He's def on the same level as eeryone else though, so I just don't get it. I hope he comes back again and can get farther.

I don't watch RW anymore, so anything I've seen of LaToya is based on this challenge. She just seems to have nooooo class to me. She reminds me of Jemmye. I'm glad both of them are gone.

Jordan is such a prick, and Laurel is one of my faves, so I am not a fan of that coupling. However, I couldn't blame him for getting mad that Jess ran and told Anessa what they'd been discussing. And I like Jess, but I just cant take her side on this. Now, Jordan screaming at her? Not cool. Not because she's female--I wouldn't condone speaking to anyone like that. I'll add Jordan to my "no class" list. I did have to shake my head at Johnny Bananas saying he couldn't believe Jordan would scream in a girl's face like that. I've seen Bananas berate many a woman. Evelyn, anyone? I think he actually called her a bitch to her face on the Island. Not that I think Evelyn shoots rainbows out of her ass, but still. Gotta love hypocrisy.

Glad Cara is doing well. Wish Camilla would hit the road.

I agree about Latoya, I liked her on her season of the RW but this Challenge she was a little obnoxious. It's a known fact rookies get thrown in & usually do so until they are gone. It's not about race, does everyone forget the 2 first guys to go in were Chet & Dustin (both very white). It's about the game, alliances & friendships nothing more.

I could tolerate Laurel more if she let her actions speak on the field. If you're that tough of a competitor there isn't a reason to behave the way she does season after season. Especially when she's never won 1st place. She really doesn't have much competition this season so I would guess she has a huge shot of winning.