Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E04 Visual Aids: Don't Tell Mama About These Great British Bake Off Visual Aids

• Start Topic

I'm tearing through this series as, for some inexplicable reason, it's the only one expiring from Netflix this week. Anyway, it's still a pleasant watch but so far, no one is really emerging from the pack in terms of personality or baking talent. Usually I either find the bakes attractive or I'm drawn to the flavor combinations but in four episodes, I can count on one hand the number of bakes that have stood out as particularly pretty and most of the flavors seemed standard, or else they didn't turn out well. I haven't had that same feeling of wanting to look up recipes after watching an episode.

I guess for personality, I kind of like Benjamina and Andrew for how cute and positive they are. Kate was like Frances (in making cute things) but she also sometimes had good flavors. It's nice to have someone relaxed like Selasi. Candice is filling the role of the baker who is too ambitious this season. I guess I like Jane as well. 

I don't know. So far the bakes have been very up and down. No one is all that consistent. I'm just kind of watching right now rather than rooting for anyone.