Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E12: Voodoo Child

When The Hollow targets the most vulnerable Mikaelson, Klaus is forced to rely on Vincent, who believes he can use The Hollow's own dark magic to defeat their enemy for good. Meanwhile, as Marcel worries that Vincent's plan might backfire, the King of New Orleans decides on a deadly backup plan of his own. Elsewhere, after falling victim to The Hollow's manipulations, Hayley struggles to figure out Hope's future in New Orleans, while Freya must confront her darkest fear.

Promo:

I am totally over Hayley and the Mikaelsons saying they can't do this or that now because of precious Hope. I mean, I get that it's realistic because some new parents totally go the same route (have you ever witnessed the kind of people who would eat a whole bag of Doritos as a meal and wash it down with a two liter bottle of Coke, but then they have kids and suddenly they're preaching nonstop to anyone within earshot about how they now puree organic non-GMO applesauce for their precious little snowflakes and lecture everyone about the evils of sugar, gluten, processed food, etc.?). In this case, however, I find it laughable that they were all find with murder and mayhem until Hope was born. Now everyone claims to have turned over a new leaf and killing people is baaaaaaaad except when it isn't.

Similarly, I'm still rolling my eyes at Hayley judging Elijah for killing some people a thousand years ago in the red room when she was clearly fine with killing innocents in the not so distant past. She has always known that the Mikaelsons are ruthless killers and she liked it because it was to her benefit once she came to New Orleans and they were killing people to protect her. But now she's aghast at what she's ALWAYS known/witnessed/participated in.

I love that Vincent refuses to coddle the Mikaelsons anymore. He's actually trying to find practical solutions (as opposed to Klaus's fantasy solutions of "let's just kill something that's unkillable without any sort of real plan") and he has no fucks to give about playing nice with them. I totally cracked up when Elijah asked if Vincent could just pull the hollow out of Hope and Vincent snapped at him because I was thinking the exact same thing - if that were possible, why do you think he didn't try that with Sofya or Hope before now? Gawd. At the end of he episode when Vincent said that his idea would end the Mikaelson siblings "always and forever" thing, my reaction was "whatever it is, DO IT!"

I loved having Rebekah around for another episode. I know she will never come back as a regular, so I appreciate getting her for a few episodes here and there each season. I'm guessing that whatever Vincent's solution is will provide another reason for Rebekah to be gone for most of next season. I'm okay with it though. I'd rather they keep finding ways to send her off and bring her back instead of killing her off.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, ElectricBoogaloo said:

I am totally over Hayley and the Mikaelsons saying they can't do this or that now because of precious Hope.

Especially since they keep killing people.

I love Vincent's ability to shut Klaus up.  Every time Vincent renders Klaus speechless, and stops Klaus' never ending bitching and whining, I cheer.  It's a good thing Vincent and Marcel are willing to work with the Mikaelsons because at this point the Mikaelsons have once again been pretty useless.

Did Marcel mention Davina at all?

Hayley can take about a million seats. She was no stranger to murder before she even got to New Orleans as she got Klaus to murder a bunch of hybrids in Mystic Falls (in an awesome sequence), and she also knew Elijah was an original vampire, which does not mean angel in the streets demon in the sheets, so I don't get her, "OMG, Elijah did some bad shit in his 1,000 years on earth!".  

• Love 2

I still find it so bizarre that Marcel has yet to mention Davina, even in passing. I know he's trying to save his city and all but still. 

One of my hopes was quickly dashed when the Hollow seemingly killed Sofya...and then Sofya just shows up soon after like nothing happened. Sigh. 

The actress portraying Hope is just too cute. Loved her little smirk at the end when she stepped up to the stage and turned to face the Hollow's acolytes. She's sooo much better than the actress actually portraying the Hollow. 

The finale better not have Vincent dying, I love that he's one of the few that doesn't cower before the Mikaelsons and bluntly tells them what needs doing and why. 

• Love 2