Type keyword(s) to search

Fringe Connection: Salvation Anticipation

Salvation premieres Wednesday, July 12 at 9/8 p.m. on CBS.

As a pending apocalypse show (of the asteroid variety) the question is: Will it be so bad it's good (like Zoo) or so bad it's just unwatchable?

The government is supposed to be keeping the 6-month-away doomsday under wraps — which might have been readily believable in the social media construct of several years ago when the show was first imagined, but it's going to have to be a little more complicated if it's set in the present. Like maybe ransom ware or an EMP eats the Internet or something. Or maybe all news about the asteroid is labeled "fake news."

The religious overtones of the title are unfortunate for a show that hasn't been revealed to have any. Just because Falling Skies was taken, doesn't mean they couldn't have used something like The Sky Is Falling. What? Too Chicken Little? Hey, it's summer scifi, let's not get all snobby.

On 5/16/2017 at 4:06 AM, shapeshifter said:

The religious overtones of the title are unfortunate for a show that hasn't been revealed to have any. Just because Falling Skies was taken, doesn't mean they couldn't have used something like The Sky Is Falling. What? Too Chicken Little? Hey, it's summer scifi, let's not get all snobby.

Indeed. Like @Llywela, I'm interested in this primarily because of Cabrera.  Ian Anthony Dale is a nice bonus.  

• Love 3
(edited)

I don't think I can embed it, but there's a trailer for the show here - from this, it looks to have more teeth than we might have expected. Cabrera says three words in the trailer, but he says them with his normal English accent rather than the American accent he used for Big Little Lies, which I guess tells us something about his character. He's the only actor in the cast I know, but I've kind of fallen in love with Ian Anthony Dale's voice in the trailer.

Both Cabrera and Jennifer Finnigan have posted some behind the scenes pics on Twitter and Instagram: here, here and here.

A bunch of promo pics for episode one have been released and can be found here. Here's an example or two of the pretty!

tumblr_oppmotH6CX1tbn9nco1_540.jpg

tumblr_oppmotH6CX1tbn9nco3_540.jpg

tumblr_oppmotH6CX1tbn9nco4_540.jpg

tumblr_oppmotH6CX1tbn9nco6_540.jpg

Edited by Llywela
  • Love 2
On May 27, 2017 at 0:39 AM, Llywela said:

. . . He's the only actor in the cast I know, but I've kind of fallen in love with Ian Anthony Dale's voice in the trailer. . . 

tumblr_oppmotH6CX1tbn9nco3_540.jpg

I was wondering if we should start a poll for how many episodes before Ian Anthony Dale has his obligatory shirtless scene. My guess would be somewhere between 3-5.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

I was wondering if we should start a poll for how many episodes before Ian Anthony Dale has his obligatory shirtless scene. My guess would be somewhere between 3-5.

Hehe, is that usual for Dale? Like I said, Cabrera is the only actor in the cast I know, and he's usually the romantic hero - are they going to compete for that role here? Or are both going to play against type to show they can do more? We will see!

• Love 1

This has slipped by my radar until just now(just like the asteroid!) I must be living under a rock, because the end of the world shows are my jam! I hope this is good, not that it really matters because I'm watching anyway.

• Love 2
On May 29, 2017 at 0:27 AM, Llywela said:
ON MAY 28, 2017 AT 8:58 PM, SHAPESHIFTER SAID:

I was wondering if we should start a poll for how many episodes before Ian Anthony Dale has his obligatory shirtless scene. My guess would be somewhere between 3-5.

Hehe, is that usual for Dale? Like I said, Cabrera is the only actor in the cast I know, and he's usually the romantic hero - are they going to compete for that role here? Or are both going to play against type to show they can do more? We will see!

Looking at the second episode preview, it looks like Dale's shirtless in 2. Good thing I didn't place a wager on 3-5, heh.

2 hours ago, shapeshifter said:

Looking at the second episode preview, it looks like Dale's shirtless in 2. Good thing I didn't place a wager on 3-5, heh.

:D I don't think shirtless is quite so ubiquitous for Cabrera, although he managed it twice in S1 of the Musketeers. We'll have to see how it goes here.

Being on the wrong side of the Atlantic, I can't watch this until it comes up on Amazon Prime, which won't be for another few days yet, alas. Jealous of you all!

• Love 1