Type keyword(s) to search

favorite norma moments

Sorry if this has been done, but if it hasn't let's review, shall we?  What was your favorite kooky Norma moment?

I have two I want to highlight.  The first one occurred when Norman didn't want to go back to school for his senior year.  I believe it was the beginning of season three.  Norman had just been through being in the box and taking the lie detector test regarding redshirt round heel, Blair Watson.  After those events he had spent the summer following his mother like a puppy as usual.  And he didn't want to go to to school and leave her.  Norma tried reasoning with him the whole way.

But when they got there, he just refused to leave the car.  Norma slammed the car in park, got out, stomped to the other side, reached in and PULLED him out, depositing him on the sidewalk in front of a bunch of students.  It was such a Norma thing to do.

But my favorite has to be when she ran way from home.  Dylan kept calling and texting, so she got out of the car and shot her phone.  Just put a bullet right through it.  I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to do that very thing.

• Love 3

I loved it when she attacked the sign proclaiming the opening of the new highway. And when she went to visit Dylan at the grow op and was impressed that he had his own office. Oh, and when she freaked out on that yuppie dude about his fancy house and education. But my absolute favorite was when she sang Maybe This Time. Broke my heart. 

Edited by peacheslatour
  • Love 7

Mine, too.  I cry when I watch that because she never had a chance, did she?  And I just loved her.  I did love the sign attack and I think that's a lot of people's favorites.  I also liked when she went to get Dylan to help her because Norman had been kidnapped.  Remo told Dylan his mom was there and Dylan looked on the camera at her.  She was screaming and jumping up and down.

• Love 3
Just now, smorbie said:

Mine, too.  I cry when I watch that because she never had a chance, did she?  And I just loved her.  I did love the sign attack and I think that's a lot of people's favorites.  I also liked when she went to get Dylan to help her because Norman had been kidnapped.  Remo told Dylan his mom was there and Dylan looked on the camera at her.  She was screaming and jumping up and down.

That was hilarious! Classic Norma.

• Love 2
4 hours ago, smorbie said:

I do believe she was flipping off the camera too, LMAO.

My favorites:

* Running over the sign. 

* The moment in season one when where she kicked Norman out of the car.

* Her infamous "you're a dick rant" rant to the council.

* "SCREW OFF, SHITHEAD!"

• Love 3

I cracked up when Norma caught Norman spying on a guest (I think it was Annika from season 3) and she ran out with her rain bonnet and galoshes and yelled at him that what he was doing wasn't normal and made him go back in the house.  I tried to find a clip on YouTube, but no luck.  

• Love 4
(edited)

Another really good one!.  I liked when she went to the realtor who had screwed her over (he really should have lost his license) and beat him with her purse.  

Edited by smorbie
  • Love 2
6 hours ago, Fable said:

I cracked up when Norma caught Norman spying on a guest (I think it was Annika from season 3) and she ran out with her rain bonnet and galoshes and yelled at him that what he was doing wasn't normal and made him go back in the house.  I tried to find a clip on YouTube, but no luck.  

Didn't she also sport the rain bonnet and galoshes when she was digging around in the pit looking for Audrey?

I'm not sure this qualifies as a Norma moment since it was Mother.  But, I loved it after Sam Loomis was murdered that she came into the motel room room to clean up and was wearing a maid's outfit complete with the cleaning cart.

12 hours ago, peacheslatour said:

And when she went to visit Dylan at the grow op and was impressed that he had his own offic

She also took that opportunity to warn him about the dangers of inhaling cannabinoids.  

• Love 2

She was lovely and happy.  

Speaking of her being lovely, I get why they gave her the blonde "roots" wig, but I really liked her regular hair in the first season better.

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, Rustybones said:

My favorite Norma moment was when she wore that beautiful coat and met Romero I believe it was at a mall.  Must have been the holidays with lights all around. She looked so lovely and happy.

norma2.jpg

Was that the one where they went to some kind of winter festival? That was really beautiful. I remember everyone had clear plastic umbrellas with lights in them. I wonder if I can get one on Amazon?

• Love 1
On 4/26/2017 at 5:09 AM, smorbie said:

Didn't she also sport the rain bonnet and galoshes when she was digging around in the pit looking for Audrey?

Didn't she wear some Paddington Bear outfit then?  Another great Norma moment.  I think Freddie was probably the standout player in this series but damn if Vera (Norma) wasn't the one who glued it all together.  

• Love 2

I liked when Norma is leading Norman up the stairs to the house. She has just ridiculously lied to Emma that Norman is recovering from the flu, even though he is covered in gauze and bandages. Emma looks pitiful, forlorn, abandoned. Norman asks Norma what's going on with Emma. Norma says, "Oh, she's quitting... She's upset because she thinks we exclude her. We don't tell her anything... I mean, she's not WRONG...."

My favorite moment(s) are from the episode where she confronts Chick when he's trying to find Caleb. First not being able to shoot him and then shouting at him later when he comes to the house. Besides that:

- The dinner scene where she tries to get Norman to like Romero that ends up in a screaming match.

- The council scene where she insults the guy whose job she takes later.

- When she cursed out the woman at the police HQ who was being hateful with her (when Norman had accidentally killed that girl's abusive father).

- Everything from when she abandoned Norman and Dylan. Smashing the mirror, shooting her phone, then when she comes back and forces them to drive to Dylan's house to confront Caleb, and then when she is too overwhelmed to speak and starts walking away. All of it was fantastic.