Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E20: Extraordinary Hazard

• Start Topic

As the U.S. hunts for the person believed to be behind the CIA arms smuggling case, Elizabeth and her team must work to save Jay when he’s kidnapped in Nice, France, during a fact-finding mission into the suspect. Also, Henry suspects the doomsday cult is planning an attack in Israel, and Jason dupes his parents into giving him money for an expensive calculator when he’s really using it to impress a girl.

(edited)

The arms smuggling arc was confusing for the most part. There were too many players to follow which made it hard to keep track of the actual bad guys. In the end, the writers threw the Vesuvian security group, hired previously by the State Dept, under the bus. There were several minutes of wrap up exposition given by SoS staff members at the end of the episode to help explain things which suggests the plot was too complicated. The US government seized the assets of an arms dealer who wasn’t trading in stolen American weapons, but the feds still kept his funds. Jay getting involved in a CIA case made no sense. No wonder the CIA director was upset with the SoS meddling in the operation. He could have easily been killed. Once again, a family dynamic situation saved the episode for viewers with Jason using his parents well defined advice to fix a communication problem with a girlfriend.  IMO.

Edited by VinceW
  • Love 4

I have to agree about the arms smuggling story.  I had already forgotten about the various characters.  That being said, the security company guy was waaay to well dressed and coiffed to make a good guy.  The gov't. still has a long way to go to get proof of his connection with the entire operation, especially without revealing state secrets or embarrassing the administration.

On May 1, 2017 at 11:34 PM, Dowel Jones said:

I have to agree about the arms smuggling story.  I had already forgotten about the various characters.  That being said, the security company guy was waaay to well dressed and coiffed to make a good guy.  The gov't. still has a long way to go to get proof of his connection with the entire operation, especially without revealing state secrets or embarrassing the administration.

Whenever I see that actor, Jeremy Davidson, I flash back to his role in Roswell, in which he appeared to be a good guy but turned out to be a murderous villain through no fault of his own —he was infected by bug from outer space. I'm pretty sure that every thing I've since seen him in has had him playing a variation of that theme.

• Love 1