Type keyword(s) to search

ASOIAF Theories: Books Not Show

• Start Topic

On 8/15/2017 at 4:41 PM, MadMouse said:

Yep, I love all theories about the plotting going on everywhere in the North, Riverlands, Reach and Vale. If there's been one benefit of the long wait for the books is all these discussions even if 99% of them don't end up happening.  My own is about Oldtown is that Dany will end up saving them, Leyton sent his youngest son Humphrey to Lys to hire mercs and get help from his sister. And who happens to be that sister, old Jorah's ex wife. There's her fleet.

Lys? Say where a former Kingsguard (who may still be alive) with very possibly purple eyes could hide out and blend in without a problem in a place where that eye color is a common trait? Yes, hope springs eternal.

One of my very favorite things to contemplate right now is the communication of information in Oldtown when it comes to what's going on at the Wall. 

Sam is at the Citadel, he knows about the Others and the army of the dead. Leyton Hightower is married to Rhea Florent who is his aunt. His uncle is there as well. Leyton Hightower is the grandfather of the Tyrell children, including Willas Tyrell who is the scholarly type. Lazy Leo, a Tyrell, so another line of communication to Highgarden. 

Sarella Sand, Doran's niece. Arianne is going to meet (f)Aegon, (f)Aegon is with Jon Connington who may very well know about Jon, (I think he was at the ToJ). It is guaranteed he knows about the PtwP. Although this thread might fall apart completely because dance of dragons 2.0.

Marwyn has gone to Dany (with maybe Maester Aemon's body in that cask of rum?) and the information that Sam provided.

Jaqen is at the Citadel, Faceless Men and whatever it is they want, whether they're looking to hatch a dragon or not.

And there's old senile Archmaester Walgrave who might end up being so important. 

There's like less than 2 degrees of separation between all these people.

Edited by YaddaYadda
  • Love 2

I love that the books have more characters but they are also frustrating because they disappear for 500 pages.

And I like that of course there are Targs all over the place. After 300 years the family spread out. No way Robert got them all. 

I hope theTyrells and Martells stay players in the books too. Dorne is so intriguing, their culture so different. 

I think we'll get a lot of mileage out of the Martells. The Sand Snakes have been dispatched to different places. Obara will be in Aero Hotah's POV since they're both chasing after Darkstar, Nym will be on the small council (Cersei's POV), Tyene with the Faith, Sarella in Sam's POV, Elia with Arianne and in both her POV and Jon Con's (that girl is going to be trouble and I think Jon Con will have many a sleepless nights because of her).

I don't think the Tyrells stand a chance if Mace stays as Lord of Highgarden and Warden. I think Willas and Garlan are capable individuals but Mace is a bumbling fool and the power of Highgarden might fray. Mathis Rowan is at Storm's End and we know it's going to fall to Aegon and the Golden Company. So does he bend the knee or does he die? The Redwyne fleet is heading back to the Arbor, The Hightowers are richer than the Lannisters and can field more men than Highgarden, but they're tied to the Tyrells through Alerie Hightower, which honestly, bravo Lady Olenna for that marriage. The Reach is about to get theirs, I think. The loyalties are going to be divided. Mace won't be able to hold his power long, especially if the contempt Olenna has for him is reflected in his bannermen. I think Randyll Tarly's reaction to William Mooton is very telling of the way he might feel about his liege lord.

• Love 1

I heard a couple of woo woo theories on YouTube recently: Mance Rayder is Arthur Dayne or Rhaegar. The person who made the videos thought one unlikely and the other not true, but still analyzed them. If either turn out to be true, I'll be greatly disappointed.

That made me wonder if some hard core fans are starting to crack without a new book because I think both theories are as likely as this satirical theory generator

https://perchance.org/12i9qik15r

Speaking of satire Ser Pounce = Azor Ahai: will Tommen’s kitten save Westeros?