Type keyword(s) to search

S15.E21: Post-Mortem Blues

• Start Topic

In the moments after William Lewis' death, Sergeant Benson is rescued by the SVU squad, but her torment continues. The Internal Affairs investigation of her actions is deemed inconclusive, and with no evidence to corroborate her story, Prosecutor Derek Strauss convenes a grand jury and calls for Benson's arrest. With increasing pressure from Lt. Tucker and Lt. Murphy to save herself any way she can, Benson must choose between her convictions and her badge.

(edited)

Well that was... underwhelming. I was not at all worried that Benson was going to lose her badge. Even if she had been indicted, she never would have been convicted. I'm surprised she didn't get a freakin' medal. I like Greg Germann, so I was disappointed to see his character be another heartless villain trying to take down St. Benson.

I cannot say enough good things about Donal Logue though. And I found Amaro especially pretty this episode. 

Edited by SeenYouWitKieffah
  • Love 1

They just had to drag this Lewis storyline out for one more episode, didn't they. I hope we're done with it once and for all, because it's been a huge stumbling block for this season.

Seconding really liking Donal Logue; if they're angling for him to become Dann Florek's replacement, I'm completely down with that.

• Love 1

Donal Logue has a commitment to another series so I'm guessing he won't stick around after the end of the season.  Maybe he can be a recurring character.

I think I would've been able to enjoy this episode more if they would just renew the show already. Now I'm like just stressing out about the lack of time to get everyone but Liv in the spotlight. It was a good closure to the Lewis storyline but I wish it would've come sooner.

Love love Donal and I'm hoping he can like shot Gotham over the summer and then come back (it has to come back!) to SVU in the fall. I'm loving the tension between Lt Murphy and Amaro. And I'm secretly (okay not so secret now tho) hoping for a bit of Murphy/Rollins/Amaro tension (and that's coming from a Finanda shipper so I'm very OOC but when am I not!?)

And tho I would've preferred Barba could get the win I'm still happy since Lt Murphy got the win. I don't care if he lied, he's awesome. But speaking of Barba, where the F is he? And the fact he will not be in the finale. Outrage.

Donal Logue has a commitment to another series so I'm guessing he won't stick around after the end of the season.  Maybe he can be a recurring character.

If you're referring to Vikings, he's done with that show, at least as a living person.  I would love to see him take over the squad.  There is something so safe and secure about him being in charge.

(edited)
If you're referring to Vikings, he's done with that show, at least as a living person.  I would love to see him take over the squad.  There is something so safe and secure about him being in charge.

No, Donal Logue has booked a role on Gotham, which is allegedly straight to series. I say allegedly as I have seen it listed as both just a pilot on some sites and straight to series elsewhere.

ETA: Letting the Futon Critic have the final say as it knows this stuff. Gotham has a "blind series commitment", which seems to be different phrasing of straight to series. So, no way can Donal Logue stay at L&O: SVU, assuming SVU comes back in the fall.

Edited by WendyR72

Thanks for the info WendyCR72, too bad though. Donal just eased into the squad so perfectly, the tension w Amaro just a bonus. Now I'm going to worry both about a S16 and who will come onboard :/

As a broadcast TV viewer without cable---who is Donal Logue and did he hurt himself when he fell out of Nirvana? If Benson doesn't want him, can I have him?

He played a Viking, huh? O my.

• Love 2

Yeah I remember him as Chuck on ER too and most recently he played a despicable man on Sons of Anarchy. But since he keeps dying on every other show can we hope for a quick death on Gotham so he can return to the SVU squad room? No, that was mean but then again I kept hoping for Dr Chilton to die just so we could get more Barba (not that it helped though *sigh*)