Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E18: Newtown

An examination of the aftermath of the 2012 Sandy Hook Elementary School shooting in Newtown, Conn., in which 20 children and six adults were killed. Included: remarks from parents, siblings, teachers, doctors and first responders.

To quote the great Richard Price, from his novel The Whites:

"Hey, " Pavlilcek held on, "what's the most bullshit word in the English language?"

"Closure."

"Give that man a cigar." Pavlicek said, then hung up.

• Love 3

I wanted to watch, I really did. But I made it no further than the 911 call with the woman whispering "Please, Jesus" over and over and over and my courage failed me. I knew I wasn't up to watching the pain of the parents who lost their kids.

Sandy Hook deniers are the worst scum of the earth. 

• Love 4

I wanted to watch, I really did. But I made it no further than the 911 call with the woman whispering "Please, Jesus" over and over and over and my courage failed me. I knew I wasn't up to watching the pain of the parents who lost their kids.

I haven't cried this hard about Sandy Hook since the day it happened. I've visited the the town many times and it's a lovely community. I've cried a lot of tears since 12/14 and last night was so raw, so visceral, I just sobbed the entire time. And knowing that these grieving families are still contending with stalking and harassment from Alex Jones-fueled deniers is horrifying and maddening.

• Love 1

One of my previous coworkers (still at the same company but in different departments and buildings now), is a Sandy Hook denier. Up until then, I thought he was a great guy and would have never guessed what scum he actually is.

• Love 2
18 hours ago, bref said:

Yep. THIS. They are. I notice there are not that many willing to deny, say, Columbine, but they are all over Sandy Hook. I haven't seen this many tin foil hats since the Kennedy assassination. Sorry, it wouldn't let me quote, but you know what I mean.

• Love 1

I watched the entire episode with tears streaming down my face.  My heart was breaking for everyone.

Then I got angry.  Fuck Sandy Hook deniers.  Fuck the gun lobby.  Fuck the NRA.  And fuck Congress for not passing reasonable gun control laws.

• Love 2