Type keyword(s) to search

S25.E03: The Thumbsucker

• Start Topic

I don't generally hold to any notions of destiny & karma, but boy, it sure seems that SOME kind of fate didn't want Frank anywhere near this Challenge. I don't actively wish him ill, but I won't miss him even a little bit.

That elimination round was clearly brutal for the participants, but dull as anything to watch. If a competition comes down to moving inch by inch, over the course of more than an hour, I think it's flawed by design. And while I'm not a huge Cara Maria fan, I'm on board with anybody who's anti-Johnny Bananas; and I never really knew who Nia was, so no huge loss there.

I thought the episode was "The Thumbsucker." That's what it said on Time Warner.

NichD . . . you don't know Nia? Man, you are lucky. Nia was brought in about a third into RW: Portland, and she suuuuuuuuuuuucked. She got away with punching Averey and Johnny, all while working on a "book" about gold digging. Watching her struggle then lose to Cara Maria did my heart good. The bad news is that she will be brought back by BMP in future Challenges. Whatever . . . if she gets more karmic comeuppance, that would be awesome.

And fuck Frank. Fuck Frank hard and long. He sucks as a human being, and I'm not buying the notion that he's done with the Challenges. He may talk like he's better than the show and those that keep coming back, but he'll keep sucking on that teet until he's blue in the face. Fuck Frank Sweeney, end of story.

Edited by Lantern7

New here but came from TWoP after hearing about the shutdown (never posted all that much though), was intending to just lurk but felt obligated to post after seeing this episode.

I kinda felt bad for Frank. I don't really hold any favor towards or against him because I found his season boring, but as an extremely competitive person there's nothing worse then being removed because of something that you couldn't control. It really sucks, and I hope he gets better. 

For some reason Camilia bothers me. I don't know why but everytime I see her I'm reminded of Rachael and Veronica. Those are two people who I never want to remember from competitions ever again and I feel like Camilia is their little offspring that they raised together and sent to do challenges. After all she did lose her virginity to Bananas. 

That challenge looked totally painful and I felt so bad for Cara Maria. She's my favorite female competitor and I hate that she had to endure that. I give props to NIa too as a competitor but she still sucks. Both girls must went through hell for that and played well.

Speaking of Nia I LOVED how she kept side eyeing Jasmine in the aftershow, and then you have Jasmine looking like a lost Destiny's Child groupie. Girl...what was that? Jasmine really needs to shut her mouth about other competitors, her bark is much stronger than her bite and I do believe Nia would've flicked her across the room without trying. Also, Zach surprised me today! Not only did he call Nia a "ratchet" (which I didn't even think a word like that would come out of his mouth) but he mooned everybody after finishing his challenge (unless it was Johnny which in that case..."meh").  

• Love 1
NichD . . . you don't know Nia? Man, you are lucky.

Yeah, it's been a long time since I watched The Real World, though I can't quite bring myself to quit The Challenge.

• Love 1

I thought the episode was "The Thumbsucker." That's what it said on Time Warner.

That's what it appeared as on RCN too. I've changed it. 

I kinda loved the episode. We got rid of Frank! We got rid of Nia! Nia told Johnny B. to fuck off! Johnny B. didn't get what he wanted! It was all great from where I was sitting. I also have to say, I was a little sad to lose Nia. I didn't so much hate her on her season of RW, mostly because I hated Johnny and Avery more. Watching Nia punch Avery in the face was cathartic, even though I don't typically condone violence. And with all the big talk during her season, I thought she'd be a challenge beast and we'd have her around for awhile. Too bad. 

I would have loved to see that elimination challenge between CT and Zach. That would've been brutal and awesome. Glad Cara Maria won, I've always liked her and never understood how Nia is so full of herself if she's actually known as "The Thumbsucker".

Nia talked such a big game & I thought she would be a heavy contender during the challenge. She sure didn't back it up. 1st challenge was a team, she picked the team but that's not a big deal. She didn't have anything to do but to run up the stairs with everyone. 2nd challenge she kept falling of the bike, 3rd challenge she did nothing but stand up against a wall & shiver. So I was not impressed. Then Cara who is much smaller & lighter beat her. I don't buy her injury either. If her arm was really hurt & she couldn't move it, how did she raise her arms to hug Cara? She said on twitter she gave up & turn over as her body "was giving out". That means she ran out of gas, was not hurt. She claims to be an athlete but Cara had more endurance, plain & simple. Instead of being a gracious opponent she had to make excuses. I don't buy her thumbsucking either. We never saw her do it on RW that I can remember. She only seemed to it around the guys. It's like she thought they would find it sexy & keep her around. Funny, how none of the guys liked it & thought it was gross. Plus, I've known thumbsuckers who all had lumps on their thumb from years of sucking it. I didn't see any on hers. She's an attention seeker. I was hoping she had matured a bit from her season but she hasn't. Maybe in time she can change, CT did. But, I don't like people that talk crap they can't back up & make excuses for themselves. On the aftershow Jazmin apologized but Nia kept it going. Yeah, it's easy to threaten an 80 lb girl. Try that against Emily Schromm or Laurel. 

Nia talked such a big game & I thought she would be a heavy contender during the challenge. She sure didn't back it up. 1st challenge was a team, she picked the team but that's not a big deal. She didn't have anything to do but to run up the stairs with everyone. 2nd challenge she kept falling of the bike, 3rd challenge she did nothing but stand up against a wall & shiver. So I was not impressed. Then Cara who is much smaller & lighter beat her. I don't buy her injury either. If her arm was really hurt & she couldn't move it, how did she raise her arms to hug Cara? She said on twitter she gave up & turn over as her body "was giving out". That means she ran out of gas, was not hurt. She claims to be an athlete but Cara had more endurance, plain & simple. Instead of being a gracious opponent she had to make excuses. I don't buy her thumbsucking either. We never saw her do it on RW that I can remember. She only seemed to it around the guys. It's like she thought they would find it sexy & keep her around. Funny, how none of the guys liked it & thought it was gross. Plus, I've known thumbsuckers who all had lumps on their thumb from years of sucking it. I didn't see any on hers. She's an attention seeker. I was hoping she had matured a bit from her season but she hasn't. Maybe in time she can change, CT did. But, I don't like people that talk crap they can't back up & make excuses for themselves. On the aftershow Jazmin apologized but Nia kept it going. Yeah, it's easy to threaten an 80 lb girl. Try that against Emily Schromm or Laurel. 

I vaguely remember Nia's thumbsucking on The Real World. It probably was downplayed/forgotten in the midst of all the crazy drama and fighting of that season. But yeah, I think it's an attention thing. Most adults I would think would be really embarrassed of that, not coyly smiling like it's cute.

Anyone (child) I have known that sucked their thumbs usually did so while going to sleep or in a daze watching tv not even realizing they were doing it. It's a habit. She did in while people were talking & she would sit on their lap & then do it (only around the guys). I'm not buying it. Maybe is she had not lied about so many things it would be more believable. Remember when she said she would lie & tell people she was Cherokee or that she had men that would fly her all over the country & pay for her. Whatever happened to her million dollar book deal?