Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

The Festival of Living Art
Luke Can See Her Face
Last Week Fights, This Week Tights
Raincoats and Recipes
Bon Voyage

Our final post-S3 five! (Which is nothing like my own list of favorite post-S3 episodes at all---I actually don't think any of these other than BV would even make my top post-S3 15---but that's what makes this game interesting.)  Just vote for the one you want eliminated! 

I hate Zach in FoLA so much that it mars the episode for me, and Kirk is more annoying than funny to me here. I like FoLA, but it's nowhere near a top all-time favorite episode for me. 

LWF, TWT is actually my least favorite of the trilogy....too much LIz and TJ, and the Rory parts drive me up a proverbial wall! (I hate the Rory parts in Raincoats as well, but at least then the opening of the inn brings me some joy!) 

Oh, so my vote is FOLA...but I'd be fine bidding farewell to any of these except maybe BV :) What are people's personal top five of S4-S7? I love seeing how closely our collective list ends up reflecting people's personal preferences! 

Edited by amensisterfriend

Yeah Zach is awful, but it's enough of a funny kind of awful that I'm willing to overlook it.  Plus, Sebastian Freaking Bach shows up as a regular character on Gilmore Girls.  I still can't get over that.  LOL.

Love them both but it's kind of like Christmas Eve being even better than Christmas Day.  The delicious anticipation in Fights/Tights and that sweet tentative first dance narrowly beats out Raincoats for me.

• Love 1

I'm so torn here! LWF, TWT has too much Liz/TJ for me (to be fair, ANY amount of Liz and/or TJ tends to be too much for me, as they're my least favorite characters!) I also loathe the contrivance re. Rory "having" to call Dean (as opposed to, say, any of the many other people who would drop anything to come get her!) to rescue her from the exact same Life and Death Brigade types she chooses to hang out with for the rest of the series anyway.

Raincoats and Recipes, though, has even more cringe-inducing Dean/Rory stuff. And I hate the tiresome bickering, mutual annoyance and failure to get each other that lead to L/L's first kiss, though in retrospect it was a pretty accurate sneak preview of their relationship dynamic :) I also hate how the very independent Digger is suddenly an imbalanced stalker in this episode. I do, however, love seeing Lorelai's series-long dream of opening an inn finally coming to fruition. 

So while I'm relatively "meh" on both of these, I'll vote against LWF, TWT...though I'm thinking it's totally going to win anyway!  

I'll start throwing some moments out there, if I can remember the episode titles.....

1.  Rory loses it after she shows up too late to take her big test in Mr. Medina's class (The Deer Hunters)

2.  Madeline hates the word 'blood' and freaks out during the Blood Drive discussion (??? - maybe ISS)

3.  Rory and Lorelai agree that Chilton isn't quite so big and scary anymore (TASP)

4.  Tristan and Dean get into a fight at the dance (Rory's Dance)

5.  Paris' cousin Jakob asks Rory out (Rory's Dance)

6.  Rory realizes all of her schoolmates got invited to her birthday party (RBP)

7.  Sookie sets the bake sale table on fire (Cinnamon's Wake, I think)

• Love 1

8.Lorelei kisses Max (Paris is Burning)

9.Rory gets caught ringing the headmaster's bell with the Puffs (Like Mother, Like Daughter)

10. Lane watching Henry perform in Romeo and Juliet (Run Away Little Boy)

11. The fencing match between Rory and Paris (I Solemnly Swear)

Edited by ghoulina

12.  Lorelai is relieved that the Booster Club moms don't actually wear matching sweatshirts (LMLD)

13.  Lorelai and Sookie try to subtly watch Sherry and Christopher at the debate (ISHBL)

14.  The men discuss insurance and architecture at Rory's graduation (TASP)

15. Rory beats Paris to the punch on the Martin Luther question (TLFDAC?)

16. Rory is joined by her fellow reading/headphoned classmate at end of LMLD

17. Rory's graduation speech (TASP)

18. Paris describing her "Felicity" dilemma to Lorelai (TASP?)

1.  Rory loses it after she shows up too late to take her big test in Mr. Medina's class (The Deer Hunters)
2.  Madeline hates the word 'blood' and freaks out during the Blood Drive discussion (??? - maybe ISS)
3.  Rory and Lorelai agree that Chilton isn't quite so big and scary anymore (TASP)
6.  Rory realizes all of her schoolmates got invited to her birthday party (RBP)

9.Rory gets caught ringing the headmaster's bell with the Puffs (Like Mother, Like Daughter)

12.  Lorelai is relieved that the Booster Club moms don't actually wear matching sweatshirts (LMLD)
13.  Lorelai and Sookie try to subtly watch Sherry and Christopher at the debate (ISHBL)

Amazing list so far, you guys! I feel like maybe we're missing a few...but can't remember what we might be forgetting ;) Should we try to think of a couple more or just get started now?

3.  Rory and Lorelai agree that Chilton isn't quite so big and scary anymore (TASP)

19. Lorelei shows off her "laundry day" outfit in Headmaster Charleston's office.

19. Lorelei shows off her "laundry day" outfit in Headmaster Charleston's office (LDAC)

20. Lorelei asks if parents can attend the big test. (Deer Hunters?)

21. Rory tells Dean, "I love you, you idiot". (Love, Daisies, and Troubadours)

22.  Nanny comes to Paris' graduation, and brings the kids (TASP)

23.  Tristan tries to ask Rory to the dance (Rory's Dance)

24.  Paris tells Headmaster Charleston "No hard feelings" at graduation, hee!  (TASP)

25.  Lorelai goes off on Headmaster after Rory is not allowed to take her test (The Deer Hunters)

26.  Paris shows up for the CNN debate in sweats and a ponytail, Richard falls asleep (The Big One)

27.  Paris tries to psych out her opponents during the speech contest.  Brad is "winningly naïve".  (TBO)

28.  Tristan is being sent to military school, he and Rory share a nice goodbye.  (RALB)

29.  Madeline, Louise, and Paris hide in the bushes and read Rory's file (TLFDAC)

30.  Paris assigns Rory the piece on repaving the school parking lot and Rory turns it into a "bittersweet piece on how everybody and everything eventually becomes obsolete".  (N&N, S&N)

31.  Rory has to interview Max after he and Lorelai don't get married (N&N, S&N) - one of the few times I genuinely like Max

5.  Paris' cousin Jacob asks Rory out (Rory's Dance)
19. Lorelei shows off her "laundry day" outfit in Headmaster Charleston's office (LDAC)
20. Lorelei asks if parents can attend the big test. (Deer Hunters?)
21. Rory tells Dean, "I love you, you idiot". (Love, Daisies, and Troubadours)

22.  Nanny comes to Paris' graduation, and brings the kids (TASP)
23.  Tristan tries to ask Rory to the dance (Rory's Dance)
24.  Paris tells Headmaster Charleston "No hard feelings" at graduation, hee!  (TASP)
25.  Lorelai goes off on Headmaster after Rory is not allowed to take her test (The Deer Hunters)
26.  Paris shows up for the CNN debate in sweats and a ponytail, Richard falls asleep (The Big One)
27.  Paris tries to psych out her opponents during the speech contest.  Brad is "winningly naïve".  (TBO)
28.  Tristan is being sent to military school, he and Rory share a nice goodbye.  (RALB)
29.  Madeline, Louise, and Paris hide in the bushes and read Rory's file (TLFDAC)

30.  Paris assigns Rory the piece on repaving the school parking lot and Rory turns it into a "bittersweet piece on how everybody and everything eventually becomes obsolete".  (N&N, S&N)

31.  Rory has to interview Max after he and Lorelai don't get married (N&N, S&N) 

Wow---quite a list! If no one has additional entries, feel free to start voting against the three that you most want eliminated :) 

Edited by amensisterfriend