Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

Corrected list, I hope!  Favorite Episode End Scene, all seasons.  Voting against two to start.

1.  Pilot – Luke's. The girls have survived their first (somewhat disastrous) FND. Lorelai grills Rory about Dean. Luke tries to get Rory to eat something healthy. “Rory, please, put down that cup of coffee. You do not want to grow up to be like your mom.” “Sorry, too late.”

2.  Forgiveness & Stuff – Luke's. Lorelai brings Luke a hat and thanks him for being there for her when Richard went to the hospital. They watch the Christmas procession through Luke's window. “It’s hard to imagine living somewhere else, isn’t it?”

3.  Emily in Wonderland – Dragonfly Property. The girls sit outside on the grass and dream about it being beautiful again some day while Sookie wanders around freaking out. “Wow, your own inn.” “Cool, huh?”

4.  Presenting Lorelai Gilmore -- Gilmore mansion. Lorelai drops by to 'hang' with Emily. "You know Mom, if there's ever anything you want to talk about with me, you can." "All right."

5.  Lost and Found -- Luke's apartment. He's decided to expand and remodel to make room for Jess, rather than rent a new place. He takes a sledgehammer to the wall. "That’s your room. Finish up. We’ll hold hands and skip afterwards."

6.  Dead Uncles and Vegetables -- Luke's. The Townies gather after Louie's funeral to eat and share stories. "Don’t you have wakes for people you like?" "I think it might be for you."

7.  A Deep-Fried Korean Thanksgiving – Luke's. The girls stop in after Thanksgiving dinner with the grandparents. They realize they didn't have to skip the rolls at the first three dinners since they left without eating much. They grab a bag of leftover rolls from Luke. "Just a little something for the walk home!" "I don't see how you do it."

8.  Dear Emily and Richard -- Gilmore mansion. Lorelai brings Emily a DVD player and a stack of DVDs. "But there are wires involved and connections and electricity. You could hurt yourself or set the house on fire." "In your Easter bonnet. . ." "You could ruin our television set." ". . .with all the frills upon it, you’ll be the grandest fella in the Easter parade. Hoo! I'll be all in clover. . ." "I don’t like being ignored, Lorelai." ". . .and when they look us over, we’ll be the proudest people in the Easter parade."

9.  A Tale of Poes and Fire -- Independence Inn. Lorelai, Sookie, and Michel take in the extent of the damage from the fire. Rory finds all of the Yale paraphernalia in her room.

10.  Ballrooms & Biscotti – Gilmore mansion. It's the night before Rory moves to Yale. The girls watch ballroom dance competitions while Emily sleeps on the couch. “So, tomorrow . . .” “Yeah, tomorrow.”

11.  Chicken or Beef – Dragonfly property. Lorelai, Sookie, and Michel break ground on the new property. “Just sometimes, it hits me. This place had a long history before us, has a long future after us. I keep thinking it's apart of our lives, but, really, it's the reverse. For a little while. . .I don't know. . .it's like we're apart of its life.” In town square, Rory sadly watches the newly married Dean and Lindsey.

12.  Luke Can See Her Face – Sookie's. Luke stops by just as Lorelai is leaving after sleeping with the zucchini. He asks her to go to Liz's wedding with him. “Oh, and you don't have to wear a fruity outfit.” “Ohh, I'm gonna be a little fruity.” “That's good, too.” He goes and gives his self help tapes and workbooks to Jess. “Here. I'm done with them. Enjoy.”

13.  Say Goodbye to Daisy Miller -- Crap Shack.  Lorelai comes in after dropping Rory off at the airport and listens to several messages from Luke, who has had to go help Liz and TJ work their booth in the Renn Faire.  "Just...don't change your mind until I get back, okay?"

14.  But Not as Cute as Pushkin -- Miss Patty's.  Luke apologizes about his Dark Day.  "See, there's a reason I stay away from people on this particular day. It's because I suck."  He goes over to the Crap Shack and looks at his boat.  At Yale, Logan gets punk'd by Richard and Rory.  "And Logan, welcome to the family, son."

15.  Women of Questionable Morals -- Crap Shack.  Luke has brought Lorelai her own ice skating rink.  "I felt kind of bad about you and snow, the rough time you were having, and I really wasn’t helping any by saying all that stuff about snow being a pain and impractical, and it’s just icy water falling from the sky, and I thought maybe I’d get you two back together. Make you feel better about snow again. I'm grumpy about stuff but I don't want you to be."

16.  We've Got Magic to Do -- DAR function. Richard runs into Mitchum and finds out everything Lorelai said about the Huntzbergers ganging up on Rory was true. Emily goes to confront Shira. "Now, let's talk about 'your money'. You were a two-bit gold digger, fresh off the bus from Hicksville when you met Mitchum at whatever bar you happened to stumble into. And what made Mitchum decide to choose you to marry amongst the pack of women he was bedding at the time, I'll never know, but hat's off to you for bagging him."

17.  The Prodigal Daughter Returns -- Science Fair. Luke realizes April is his daughter. "I didn't know about you." "I know." At the Crap Shack, Rory calls Lorelai on her way back home. "Love you, mom." "Oh...kid, you have no idea." Lorelai runs to Luke's to get a bunch of junk food and tell him Rory's back. "Don't skimp on the fries. We don't want to lose her again."

18.  Friday Night's Alright for Fighting -- FND. The Gilmores fight and bicker and even laugh their way through dinner. "Well...I think we've officially reinstated Friday night dinner."

19.  To Whom It May Concern -- Crap Shack. Luke calls Lorelai to let her know he won shared custody of April. "Yeah, I guess the judge just took everything into consideration and realized how much I wanted to be in April's life. And, of course, your letter was a big help." At Yale, Richard collapses while teaching Rory's Economics class.

20.  Gilmore Girls Only -- Best Western. Lorelai, Rory, and Emily eat junk food and watch Pursuit of Happyness. "Mom has a thing for Will Smith." "I think that he's very charming."

21.  Bon Voyage -- Luke's. Rory and Lorelai talk about Rory's new job while Luke cooks them breakfast. We could hide away, in our little corner of the world....

Thank you, Kohola3! Your comment was the very first notification I got on this site, so now I feel like a real member :-)

I'll vote against 19 and 20. Once you get to know me, you'll probably see that I have a bias in favor of the earlier seasons, but hopefully that won't annoy you all too much!

• Love 1
1 minute ago, coffeecoffeecoffee said:

I'll vote against 19 and 20. Once you get to know me, you'll probably see that I have a bias in favor of the earlier seasons, but hopefully that won't annoy you all too much!

I doubt anyone will be annoyed!  If you ever find the zillion hours required to read all of the posts, you'll find it's a diverse group with opinions from one side of the spectrum to the other.  Always happy to welcome new members. It's kind of amazing that this show has been off the air for so many years and still elicits comments and criticisms.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, coffeecoffeecoffee said:

Hi Gilmore Girls junkies! I'm so excited to have stumbled on this place during a Google search, but it seems I'm discovering it years late. Am I allowed to start playing mid-round? If not, I completely understand and will wait until the next one!!

By all means!  I don't even pay attention to who votes most of the time LOL.  I'm usually just grateful to not have to play tie-breaker, ha ha ha.

57 minutes ago, coffeecoffeecoffee said:

Once you get to know me, you'll probably see that I have a bias in favor of the earlier seasons,

As do we all.

19, 20 out!  Voting against two.

Favorite Episode End Scenes, All Seasons

1.  Pilot – Luke's. The girls have survived their first (somewhat disastrous) FND. Lorelai grills Rory about Dean. Luke tries to get Rory to eat something healthy. “Rory, please, put down that cup of coffee. You do not want to grow up to be like your mom.” “Sorry, too late.”

2.  Forgiveness & Stuff – Luke's. Lorelai brings Luke a hat and thanks him for being there for her when Richard went to the hospital. They watch the Christmas procession through Luke's window. “It’s hard to imagine living somewhere else, isn’t it?”

3.  Emily in Wonderland – Dragonfly Property. The girls sit outside on the grass and dream about it being beautiful again some day while Sookie wanders around freaking out. “Wow, your own inn.” “Cool, huh?”

4.  Presenting Lorelai Gilmore -- Gilmore mansion. Lorelai drops by to 'hang' with Emily. "You know Mom, if there's ever anything you want to talk about with me, you can." "All right."

5.  Lost and Found -- Luke's apartment. He's decided to expand and remodel to make room for Jess, rather than rent a new place. He takes a sledgehammer to the wall. "That’s your room. Finish up. We’ll hold hands and skip afterwards."

6.  Dead Uncles and Vegetables -- Luke's. The Townies gather after Louie's funeral to eat and share stories. "Don’t you have wakes for people you like?" "I think it might be for you."

7.  A Deep-Fried Korean Thanksgiving – Luke's. The girls stop in after Thanksgiving dinner with the grandparents. They realize they didn't have to skip the rolls at the first three dinners since they left without eating much. They grab a bag of leftover rolls from Luke. "Just a little something for the walk home!" "I don't see how you do it."

8.  Dear Emily and Richard -- Gilmore mansion. Lorelai brings Emily a DVD player and a stack of DVDs. "But there are wires involved and connections and electricity. You could hurt yourself or set the house on fire." "In your Easter bonnet. . ." "You could ruin our television set." ". . .with all the frills upon it, you’ll be the grandest fella in the Easter parade. Hoo! I'll be all in clover. . ." "I don’t like being ignored, Lorelai." ". . .and when they look us over, we’ll be the proudest people in the Easter parade."

9.  A Tale of Poes and Fire -- Independence Inn. Lorelai, Sookie, and Michel take in the extent of the damage from the fire. Rory finds all of the Yale paraphernalia in her room.

10.  Ballrooms & Biscotti – Gilmore mansion. It's the night before Rory moves to Yale. The girls watch ballroom dance competitions while Emily sleeps on the couch. “So, tomorrow . . .” “Yeah, tomorrow.”

11.  Chicken or Beef – Dragonfly property. Lorelai, Sookie, and Michel break ground on the new property. “Just sometimes, it hits me. This place had a long history before us, has a long future after us. I keep thinking it's apart of our lives, but, really, it's the reverse. For a little while. . .I don't know. . .it's like we're apart of its life.” In town square, Rory sadly watches the newly married Dean and Lindsey.

12.  Luke Can See Her Face – Sookie's. Luke stops by just as Lorelai is leaving after sleeping with the zucchini. He asks her to go to Liz's wedding with him. “Oh, and you don't have to wear a fruity outfit.” “Ohh, I'm gonna be a little fruity.” “That's good, too.” He goes and gives his self help tapes and workbooks to Jess. “Here. I'm done with them. Enjoy.”

13.  Say Goodbye to Daisy Miller -- Crap Shack.  Lorelai comes in after dropping Rory off at the airport and listens to several messages from Luke, who has had to go help Liz and TJ work their booth in the Renn Faire.  "Just...don't change your mind until I get back, okay?"

14.  But Not as Cute as Pushkin -- Miss Patty's.  Luke apologizes about his Dark Day.  "See, there's a reason I stay away from people on this particular day. It's because I suck."  He goes over to the Crap Shack and looks at his boat.  At Yale, Logan gets punk'd by Richard and Rory.  "And Logan, welcome to the family, son."

15.  Women of Questionable Morals -- Crap Shack.  Luke has brought Lorelai her own ice skating rink.  "I felt kind of bad about you and snow, the rough time you were having, and I really wasn’t helping any by saying all that stuff about snow being a pain and impractical, and it’s just icy water falling from the sky, and I thought maybe I’d get you two back together. Make you feel better about snow again. I'm grumpy about stuff but I don't want you to be."

16.  We've Got Magic to Do -- DAR function. Richard runs into Mitchum and finds out everything Lorelai said about the Huntzbergers ganging up on Rory was true. Emily goes to confront Shira. "Now, let's talk about 'your money'. You were a two-bit gold digger, fresh off the bus from Hicksville when you met Mitchum at whatever bar you happened to stumble into. And what made Mitchum decide to choose you to marry amongst the pack of women he was bedding at the time, I'll never know, but hat's off to you for bagging him."

17.  The Prodigal Daughter Returns -- Science Fair. Luke realizes April is his daughter. "I didn't know about you." "I know." At the Crap Shack, Rory calls Lorelai on her way back home. "Love you, mom." "Oh...kid, you have no idea." Lorelai runs to Luke's to get a bunch of junk food and tell him Rory's back. "Don't skimp on the fries. We don't want to lose her again."

18.  Friday Night's Alright for Fighting -- FND. The Gilmores fight and bicker and even laugh their way through dinner. "Well...I think we've officially reinstated Friday night dinner."

21.  Bon Voyage -- Luke's. Rory and Lorelai talk about Rory's new job while Luke cooks them breakfast. We could hide away, in our little corner of the world....

• Love 1

16, 17 out.  Voting against two.

7, 18 out. Still voting against two.

5, 14 out.  Still two.

3 is out, and I guess 15.  As much as I love that Luke bought Lorelai an ice skating rink so she can make up with snow (that man!) it's soured for me by Lorelai deliberately continuing to lie to him about going over to Chris's.  Sigh.

Oh and let's drop to voting against one.

Edited by Taryn74

13 out. Voting against one.