Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

We can wrap up Season 6! Finally! I'll get started on Season 7 and hope it's not as painful LOL.

Favorite Episode End Scenes, Season 6

We've Got Magic to Do -- DAR function.  Richard runs into Mitchum and finds out everything Lorelai said about the Huntzbergers ganging up on Rory was true.  Emily goes to confront Shira.  "Now, let's talk about 'your money'. You were a two-bit gold digger, fresh off the bus from Hicksville when you met Mitchum at whatever bar you happened to stumble into. And what made Mitchum decide to choose you to marry amongst the pack of women he was bedding at the time, I'll never know, but hat's off to you for bagging him."

The Prodigal Daughter Returns -- Science Fair.  Luke realizes April is his daughter.  "I didn't know about you."  "I know."  At the Crap Shack, Rory calls Lorelai on her way back home.  "Love you, mom." "Oh...kid, you have no idea."  Lorelai runs to Luke's to get a bunch of junk food and tell him Rory's back.  "Don't skimp on the fries. We don't want to lose her again."

Friday Night's Alright for Fighting -- FND.  The Gilmores fight and bicker and even laugh their way through dinner.  "Well...I think we've officially reinstated Friday night dinner."

Remember when I thought S7 might not be as painful? What was I thinking?!  Start out voting against three.

Favorite Episode End Scenes, Season 7

1.  The Long Morrow -- Crap Shack.  Luke is ready to elope.  "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you. And, uh, I don't know what I was waiting for, and I don't know what I was scared of, but I'm not. I'm not scared, and I'm not waiting. I'm here."  "Luke....I slept with Christopher."

2.  That's What You Get, Folks, For Makin' Whoopee -- Supermarket.  Luke and Lorelai run into each other after they both avoid going to Doose's.  "You go back to being Lorelai Gilmore. I'll go back to being the guy in the diner who pours your coffee."

3.  Lorelai's First Cotillion -- Crap Shack.  Rory calls Logan in London.  She didn't realize he had sexted her back already.  "I don't have any missed calls. Oh, wait, there's a little envelope thingy in the bottom corner."  "Get out of town."  They hang up so they can text back and forth.  Why do we live in a world where the word 'sexted' doesn't trigger a misspelled word?

4.  'S Wonderful, 'S Marvelous -- Crap Shack.  Lorelai and Chris come in from their date.  "I'll never forget the movie I saw the night I picked my mother up from jail."  Lorelai invites Chris inside.

5.  The Great Stink -- Chris's car.  He and Lorelai and Rory head home from FND.  They try to find something on the radio they all like.  Can I die yet?  Ugh.

6.  Go, Bulldogs! -- Yale Daily News.  Chris and Lorelai come by to see Rory in action.  She has told Emily they can come to dinner in her place.  "Late for...?"  "For your dinner reservations at Chez Zinjustin. I mean I told grandma and grandpa that I couldn't make it, but I think I accidentally told them you guys were free."

7.  French Twist -- Crap Shack.  Chris and Lorelai get back from Paris.  There's a ring on Lorelai's finger or some sh#t.  Kill me now.

8.  Introducing Lorelai Planetarium -- Hospital.  Luke is sitting with April, who has had her appendix out.  He comes across the movie The Philadelphia Story while flipping channels.  "Two years ago, I did you out of a wedding in this house by eloping to Maryland. . . .But I hope to make it up to you by going through with it now as originally planned."

9.  Knit, People, Knit! -- Anna's house.  Luke has come over to confront her about keeping April from him.  "I know I wasn't around for all those years. But, you know, that was your decision. That was your choice, Anna. And, frankly, it was a damn lousy one."

10.  Merry Fisticuffs -- Crap Shack.  Emily has come over to offer Lorelai some advice.  "Marriage is serious business, Lorelai, and if you don't take this very seriously, then this whole thing could fall apart faster than you could possibly imagine. And he'll be gone, and you'll be alone again. A ring is no guarantee."

11.  Santa's Secret Stuff -- Crap Shack.  Chris, Rory, and Gigi are making cookies "from scratching".  Lorelai goes to mail the character reference for Luke.

12.  To Whom It May Concern -- Crap Shack.  Luke calls Lorelai to let her know he won shared custody of April.  "Yeah, I guess the judge just took everything into consideration and realized how much I wanted to be in April's life. And, of course, your letter was a big help."  At Yale, Richard collapses while teaching Rory's Economics class.

13.  I'd Rather Be in Philadelphia -- Hospital.  Chris finally saunters in after being unreachable for days and is upset that Luke is there dropping off food.  "Why didn't you call me? I didn't think you were coming." "Clearly."

14.  Farewell, My Pet -- Crap Shack.  Lorelai comes in from Chin-Chin's funeral and tells Chris it's over.  "You've always been this...possibility for me... ...this wonderful possibility. But it's just not right. And I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry."  Angels sing and unicorns dance.

15.  I'm a Kayak, Hear Me Roar -- Luke's apartment.  Liz and TJ are leaving after staying with Luke for a few days due to a moth infestation.  At the Gilmore mansion, things are back to business as usual for Emily and Lorelai.  "I should go. I need time to change before I have to go to the inn."  "Fine."

16.  Will You Be My Lorelai Gilmore? -- Lane's baby shower.  Luke and Lorelai have a friendly conversation about Luke buying a new boat.  "I'm just gonna keep it in the marina you know, and then when April comes to visit in the summer, you know I’ll take it out on little trips, you know go away for a few weeks."

17.  Gilmore Girls Only -- Best Western.  Lorelai, Rory, and Emily eat junk food and watch Pursuit of Happyness.  "Mom has a thing for Will Smith."  "I think that he's very charming."  

18.  Hay Bale Maze -- Town Square.  Lorelai runs into Luke while trying to find her way out of the maze.  They talk about why things went wrong for them.  Luke uses the word 'compartmentalizing'.  

19.  It's Just Like Riding a Bike -- Paris' apartment.  Doyle has decided he's not moving out.  "We can't all live together. We're broken up." "Actually I changed my mind about that, too."  Rory opens her letter from the James Reston Fellowship and realizes she didn't get it.

20.  Lorelai? Lorelai? -- Crap Shack.  Logan has come over to ask Lorelai's permission to propose to Rory.  "Lorelai? Lorelai?"

21.  Unto the Breach -- Paris' apartment.  Lorelai helps Rory move out.  Rory is sad after turning down Logan's proposal.  "So I guess no avocado trees."

22.  Bon Voyage -- Luke's.  Rory and Lorelai talk about Rory's new job while Luke cooks them breakfast.  Ahhh.  Things are good in my little corner of the world.

No way can I pick what I hate more to break a 3-way tie for third place on this one, so it's all out.  1, 2, 4, 5, 7 out.  And bless you all.  Voting against three.

3.  Lorelai's First Cotillion -- Crap Shack.  Rory calls Logan in London.  She didn't realize he had sexted her back already.  "I don't have any missed calls. Oh, wait, there's a little envelope thingy in the bottom corner."  "Get out of town."  They hang up so they can text back and forth.  Why do we live in a world where the word 'sexted' doesn't trigger a misspelled word?

6.  Go, Bulldogs! -- Yale Daily News.  Chris and Lorelai come by to see Rory in action.  She has told Emily they can come to dinner in her place.  "Late for...?"  "For your dinner reservations at Chez Zinjustin. I mean I told grandma and grandpa that I couldn't make it, but I think I accidentally told them you guys were free."

8.  Introducing Lorelai Planetarium -- Hospital.  Luke is sitting with April, who has had her appendix out.  He comes across the movie The Philadelphia Story while flipping channels.  "Two years ago, I did you out of a wedding in this house by eloping to Maryland. . . .But I hope to make it up to you by going through with it now as originally planned."

9.  Knit, People, Knit! -- Anna's house.  Luke has come over to confront her about keeping April from him.  "I know I wasn't around for all those years. But, you know, that was your decision. That was your choice, Anna. And, frankly, it was a damn lousy one."

10.  Merry Fisticuffs -- Crap Shack.  Emily has come over to offer Lorelai some advice.  "Marriage is serious business, Lorelai, and if you don't take this very seriously, then this whole thing could fall apart faster than you could possibly imagine. And he'll be gone, and you'll be alone again. A ring is no guarantee."

11.  Santa's Secret Stuff -- Crap Shack.  Chris, Rory, and Gigi are making cookies "from scratching".  Lorelai goes to mail the character reference for Luke.

12.  To Whom It May Concern -- Crap Shack.  Luke calls Lorelai to let her know he won shared custody of April.  "Yeah, I guess the judge just took everything into consideration and realized how much I wanted to be in April's life. And, of course, your letter was a big help."  At Yale, Richard collapses while teaching Rory's Economics class.

13.  I'd Rather Be in Philadelphia -- Hospital.  Chris finally saunters in after being unreachable for days and is upset that Luke is there dropping off food.  "Why didn't you call me? I didn't think you were coming." "Clearly."

14.  Farewell, My Pet -- Crap Shack.  Lorelai comes in from Chin-Chin's funeral and tells Chris it's over.  "You've always been this...possibility for me... ...this wonderful possibility. But it's just not right. And I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry."  Angels sing and unicorns dance.

15.  I'm a Kayak, Hear Me Roar -- Luke's apartment.  Liz and TJ are leaving after staying with Luke for a few days due to a moth infestation.  At the Gilmore mansion, things are back to business as usual for Emily and Lorelai.  "I should go. I need time to change before I have to go to the inn."  "Fine."

16.  Will You Be My Lorelai Gilmore? -- Lane's baby shower.  Luke and Lorelai have a friendly conversation about Luke buying a new boat.  "I'm just gonna keep it in the marina you know, and then when April comes to visit in the summer, you know I’ll take it out on little trips, you know go away for a few weeks."

17.  Gilmore Girls Only -- Best Western.  Lorelai, Rory, and Emily eat junk food and watch Pursuit of Happyness.  "Mom has a thing for Will Smith."  "I think that he's very charming."  

18.  Hay Bale Maze -- Town Square.  Lorelai runs into Luke while trying to find her way out of the maze.  They talk about why things went wrong for them.  Luke uses the word 'compartmentalizing'.  

19.  It's Just Like Riding a Bike -- Paris' apartment.  Doyle has decided he's not moving out.  "We can't all live together. We're broken up." "Actually I changed my mind about that, too."  Rory opens her letter from the James Reston Fellowship and realizes she didn't get it.

20.  Lorelai? Lorelai? -- Crap Shack.  Logan has come over to ask Lorelai's permission to propose to Rory.  "Lorelai? Lorelai?"

21.  Unto the Breach -- Paris' apartment.  Lorelai helps Rory move out.  Rory is sad after turning down Logan's proposal.  "So I guess no avocado trees."

22.  Bon Voyage -- Luke's.  Rory and Lorelai talk about Rory's new job while Luke cooks them breakfast.  Ahhh.  Things are good in my little corner of the world.

3, 6, 13 gone!  We can vote against just two now, I no longer want to stab myself in the eye when I read over these.

10, 14 out. Voting against two.

8, 15 out.  Still two.

11, 20 gone. Still two.

18, 21 gone, and I completely agree with you Lulu about 18.  

Let's go ahead and vote out the last THREE we want gone.

We have our Top Three!

Time for me to get the boys up for school.  If I don't have time to get the final S1 - S7 list compiled this morning I'll get to it later this afternoon.

To Whom It May Concern -- Crap Shack.  Luke calls Lorelai to let her know he won shared custody of April.  "Yeah, I guess the judge just took everything into consideration and realized how much I wanted to be in April's life. And, of course, your letter was a big help."  At Yale, Richard collapses while teaching Rory's Economics class.

Gilmore Girls Only -- Best Western.  Lorelai, Rory, and Emily eat junk food and watch Pursuit of Happyness.  "Mom has a thing for Will Smith."  "I think that he's very charming."  

Bon Voyage -- Luke's.  Rory and Lorelai talk about Rory's new job while Luke cooks them breakfast.  Ahhh.  Things are good in my little corner of the world.