Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

15 out.  Just one!

Favorite Episode End Scenes - Season 4

1. Ballrooms & Biscotti – Gilmore mansion. It's the night before Rory moves to Yale. The girls watch ballroom dance competitions while Emily sleeps on the couch. “So, tomorrow . . .” “Yeah, tomorrow.”

2. The Lorelais' First Day at Yale – Yale. A couple of girls from the 'first night at Yale' party the night before drop by to pick Rory up for Freshmen Assembly. They leave to go 'Lorelai' a few coffee kiosks. “Then we're all going to conveniently lose our student ID's and go take new pictures.” Back at home, Lorelai looks around her empty living room.

4. Chicken or Beef – Dragonfly property. Lorelai, Sookie, and Michel break ground on the new property. “Just sometimes, it hits me. This place had a long history before us, has a long future after us. I keep thinking it's apart of our lives, but, really, it's the reverse. For a little while. . .I don't know. . .it's like we're apart of its life.” In town square, Rory sadly watches the newly married Dean and Lindsey.

9. Ted Koppel's Big Night Out – Yale. Rory calls Lorelai after the football game finally ends. Lorelai is still on her date with Jason. “We're at the West Hills market drinking booze out of paper cups.” “Really, how pathetic.”

12. A Family Matter – Crap Shack. Rory grills Lorelai about having money problems. “Cutting back on things, cable, eating out, the bread, the cheese, the tomato.” At Luke's, Luke watches to make sure Jess goes in out of the cold before he heads to Nicole's for the night.

20. Luke Can See Her Face – Sookie's. Luke stops by just as Lorelai is leaving after sleeping with the zucchini. He asks her to go to Liz's wedding with him. “Oh, and you don't have to wear a fruity outfit.” “Oh, I'm gonna be a little fruity.” “That's good, too.” He goes and gives his self help tapes and workbooks to Jess. “Here. I'm done with them. Enjoy.”

21. Last Week Fights, This Week Tights – Crap Shack. Luke walks Lorelai home after the wedding and asks her out to a movie. “I can be a movie guy.” Back at his apartment, Luke says goodbye to Jess, who appreciates everything he did for him. “You hoping for reciprocation? You got it. I'm here, Jess. I'm always here.” At Yale, Dean takes Rory back to her dorm and they find Jess waiting there for her. Jess wants Rory to go back to New York with him. “Don't say 'no' just to make me stop talking or make me go away. Only say 'no' if you really don't want to be with me.” “No!”

9 out!

1. Ballrooms & Biscotti – Gilmore mansion. It's the night before Rory moves to Yale. The girls watch ballroom dance competitions while Emily sleeps on the couch. “So, tomorrow . . .” “Yeah, tomorrow.”

2. The Lorelais' First Day at Yale – Yale. A couple of girls from the 'first night at Yale' party the night before drop by to pick Rory up for Freshmen Assembly. They leave to go 'Lorelai' a few coffee kiosks. “Then we're all going to conveniently lose our student ID's and go take new pictures.” Back at home, Lorelai looks around her empty living room.

4. Chicken or Beef – Dragonfly property. Lorelai, Sookie, and Michel break ground on the new property. “Just sometimes, it hits me. This place had a long history before us, has a long future after us. I keep thinking it's apart of our lives, but, really, it's the reverse. For a little while. . .I don't know. . .it's like we're apart of its life.” In town square, Rory sadly watches the newly married Dean and Lindsey.

12. A Family Matter – Crap Shack. Rory grills Lorelai about having money problems. “Cutting back on things, cable, eating out, the bread, the cheese, the tomato.” At Luke's, Luke watches to make sure Jess goes in out of the cold before he heads to Nicole's for the night.

20. Luke Can See Her Face – Sookie's. Luke stops by just as Lorelai is leaving after sleeping with the zucchini. He asks her to go to Liz's wedding with him. “Oh, and you don't have to wear a fruity outfit.” “Oh, I'm gonna be a little fruity.” “That's good, too.” He goes and gives his self help tapes and workbooks to Jess. “Here. I'm done with them. Enjoy.”

21. Last Week Fights, This Week Tights – Crap Shack. Luke walks Lorelai home after the wedding and asks her out to a movie. “I can be a movie guy.” Back at his apartment, Luke says goodbye to Jess, who appreciates everything he did for him. “You hoping for reciprocation? You got it. I'm here, Jess. I'm always here.” At Yale, Dean takes Rory back to her dorm and they find Jess waiting there for her. Jess wants Rory to go back to New York with him. “Don't say 'no' just to make me stop talking or make me go away. Only say 'no' if you really don't want to be with me.” “No!”

2 out.

12 out.  We're down to it now!  Gotta get rid of one more before we can move on.

So, it's up to me then.  I guess I'll vote out 21.  As much as I love the Luke/Jess moment (and I really, really do) and also love the beginning of the Luke/Lorelai relationship, my dislike of the Dean/Rory/Jess scene clouds it.  Plus I adore the scene at the end of Biscotti when Emily is asleep on the couch and the girls are watching the ballroom dancing.  It's like their usual routine of watching funny/bad television but Emily's sort of included.  It just warms my heart.

So, our Top Three for Season 4 is:

Ballrooms & Biscotti – Gilmore mansion. It's the night before Rory moves to Yale. The girls watch ballroom dance competitions while Emily sleeps on the couch. “So, tomorrow . . .” “Yeah, tomorrow.”

Chicken or Beef – Dragonfly property. Lorelai, Sookie, and Michel break ground on the new property. “Just sometimes, it hits me. This place had a long history before us, has a long future after us. I keep thinking it's apart of our lives, but, really, it's the reverse. For a little while. . .I don't know. . .it's like we're apart of its life.” In town square, Rory sadly watches the newly married Dean and Lindsey.

Luke Can See Her Face – Sookie's. Luke stops by just as Lorelai is leaving after sleeping with the zucchini. He asks her to go to Liz's wedding with him. “Oh, and you don't have to wear a fruity outfit.” “Oh, I'm gonna be a little fruity.” “That's good, too.” He goes and gives his self help tapes and workbooks to Jess. “Here. I'm done with them. Enjoy.”

Time for Season 5!  If I don't have time to get the full list up now I'll finish later.  Don't start voting until I get it all finished.

Favorite Episode End Scenes, Season 5

1.  Say Goodbye to Daisy Miller -- Crap Shack.  Lorelai comes in after dropping Rory off at the airport and listens to several messages from Luke, who has had to go help Liz and TJ work their booth in the Renn Faire.  "Just...don't change your mind until I get back, okay?"

2.  A Messenger, Nothing More -- Crap Shack.  The girls eat junk food, talk about Luke and the Renn Faire, and do not talk about Dean.  Rory offers to show Lorelai home movies from her trip to Europe.  "Signora distinctly wrote, 'south rooms with a view and close together.' Instead of which, she has given us north rooms without a view and a long way apart." "She gets very British when she's abroad."

3.  Written in the Stars -- Yale.  Emily comes by to see Rory, not realizing that Asher has died and Paris is hosting a wake.  "Oh, now, there's no need to cry. Yale is full of excellent teachers."  Marty awkwardly asks Rory if she has a boyfriend.  She doesn't know.  She goes over to Dean's to find out.

4.  Tippecanoe and Taylor, Too -- Luke's.  Jackson regrets running for Town Selectman.  Lorelai grabs a bottle of champagne and slips upstairs to Luke's apartment.  He was in bed already.  " 'Goes to bed early,' I gotta remember that." "Only on some nights." 

5.  We Got Us a Pippi Virgin -- Crap Shack.  Luke is upset over Rory dating Dean.  "Does it feel right to you? Are you okay with this Rory-and-Dean thing?" "I just need this to work."  At the Gilmore mansion, Emily and Richard have a pleasant, but cool, exchange. "I bought a panic room." "Very good." 

6.  Norman Mailer, I'm Pregnant -- Luke's.  Lorelai promises Kirk will not try to poach business anymore.  Norman Mailer drinks iced tea.  Rory goes by Chris' apartment and tells him to stay away from Lorelai.  "Mom’s in a relationship now, and she’s doing really great. He’s kind, and, well, he’s there."

7.  You Jump, I Jump, Jack -- Gilmore Pool House.  Emily is angry that Richard went golfing with Luke.  "You are encouraging this ridiculous relationship!"  Lorelai calls Rory to talk about Luke's golfing trip.  "Hey, do men shave anywhere except their faces?"  Logan drops off Rory's camera, a gorilla mask, and a bottle of champagne.

8.  The Party's Over -- Crap Shack.  Lorelai calls her parents, upset about the Male Yale Party.  "Now she is young. But young people need guidance. And since you seem so little help in this department, we had to step in."

9.  Emily Says Hello -- Yale.  Rory studies with Marty.  "So, you broke up with your boyfriend, huh? . . . Rory?"  Chris calls Lorelai and leaves her a message, wanting to talk about lunch ending badly.  Emily returns from a date with Simon, and cries as she looks around at her empty house.

10.  But Not as Cute as Pushkin -- Miss Patty's.  Luke apologizes about his Dark Day.  'See there's a reason I stay away from people on this particular day. It's because I suck."  He goes over to the Crap Shack and looks at his boat.  At Yale, Logan gets punk'd by Richard and Rory.  "And Logan, welcome to the family, son."

11.  Women of Questionable Morals -- Crap Shack.  Luke has brought Lorelai her own ice skating rink.  "I felt kind of bad about you and snow, the rough time you were having, and I really wasn’t helping any by saying all that stuff about snow being a pain and impractical, and it’s just icy water falling from the sky, and I thought maybe I’d get you two back together. Make you feel better about snow again. I'm grumpy about stuff but I don't want you to be."

12.  Come Home -- Luke's Apartment.  He's bought a TV so Lorelai will have something to do at night after he falls asleep.  "You are too good for me." "Well, maybe I’ll meet a nice girl at your parent’s wedding."  Emily goes to Chris' apartment to warn him Lorelai is getting serious with Luke.

13.  Wedding Bell Blues -- Vow Renewal.  Luke. Lorelai. Chris. Rory. Logan.  "You and me, we're done."

14.  Say Something -- Crap Shack.  Luke has rushed over after Lorelai left him a sad, rambling message on his answering machine and then went over to steal the tape before he listened to it.  "You should go. It's cold. I'll be fine."

15.  Jews & Chinese Food -- Fiddler on the Roof.  Luke and Lorelai almost have a moment, but are interrupted by kids from the play.  At Yale, Marty admits he 'likes' Rory.  "I like . . . Logan."  "Yeah, I figured."  Later, Logan comes by Rory's room and stays.

16.  So. . .Good Talk -- Luke's.  Emily comes by to tell Luke she's done interfering in Lorelai's life.  "She wants you, Luke. She’s made her choice, G-d help her, but there it is."  He goes over to make up with Lorelai.

17.  Pulp Friction -- Dragonfly.  Lorelai is on the phone with Rory, who is telling her about Logan being jealous because she went to a party with Robert.  "And since then, by the way, Logan has called twice today, we’re going out tonight, and we’ve already made plans for this week. Complete and total turn-around."  Michel is trying to sell the RV he won on The Price is Right.  Kirk just needs somewhere to sleep.

18.  To Live and Let Diorama -- Twickham House.  Dean gives Luke crap about Lorelai wanting more than "this" just like Rory did.  At the Crap Shack, a drunken Rory cries over Logan.  "Why doesn't he like me?  Why doesn't he call me?  What did I do?"

19.  But I'm a Gilmore! -- Yale.  Mitchum comes by to offer Rory an internship.  "Say the only reason I offered this to you is because my family behaved badly and I wanted to make up for it. Say I have no interest in furthering your career. This is still an opportunity. Who cares why you got the opportunity? It’s here, and life is about making the most of everything you’re handed. Well, this is being handed to you. Now, what are you going to do about it?"

20.  How Many Kropogs to Cape Cod -- Sookie's House.  Sookie and Lorelai discuss Mike Armstrong's offer to invest in the Dragonfly.  "We’d have money again. Remember what it was like to have money?"

21.  Blame Booze and Melville -- Honor's party.  Rory and Logan steal a yacht.  At FND, Lorelai and Emily try to smooth things over with Mikhail, who is upset over Lorelai's comparing Emily to Josef Stalin.  "And, not that there’s any excuse, but there is no way I could have known that a Russian man whose entire family and their village was killed by Stalin would be reading this in front of me, I mean, there’s just no way."

22.  A House is Not a Home -- Gilmore's Poolhouse.  Lorelai watches sadly through the window as Rory unpacks her things.  Lorelai goes to Luke's to tell him Rory has dropped out of Yale.  "This was her dream. I am not going to let this happen."  "Luke, will you marry me?"  "What?"

Edited by Taryn74

12, 18, 21 gone.  (I know I only had ya'll vote for two, but it was almost a tie and there's no reason to prolong things with this season, heh.)  Vote against two.

1.  Say Goodbye to Daisy Miller -- Crap Shack.  Lorelai comes in after dropping Rory off at the airport and listens to several messages from Luke, who has had to go help Liz and TJ work their booth in the Renn Faire.  "Just...don't change your mind until I get back, okay?"

2.  A Messenger, Nothing More -- Crap Shack.  The girls eat junk food, talk about Luke and the Renn Faire, and do not talk about Dean.  Rory offers to show Lorelai home movies from her trip to Europe.  "Signora distinctly wrote, 'south rooms with a view and close together.' Instead of which, she has given us north rooms without a view and a long way apart." "She gets very British when she's abroad."

3.  Written in the Stars -- Yale.  Emily comes by to see Rory, not realizing that Asher has died and Paris is hosting a wake.  "Oh, now, there's no need to cry. Yale is full of excellent teachers."  Marty awkwardly asks Rory if she has a boyfriend.  She doesn't know.  She goes over to Dean's to find out.

4.  Tippecanoe and Taylor, Too -- Luke's.  Jackson regrets running for Town Selectman.  Lorelai grabs a bottle of champagne and slips upstairs to Luke's apartment.  He was in bed already.  " 'Goes to bed early,' I gotta remember that." "Only on some nights." 

5.  We Got Us a Pippi Virgin -- Crap Shack.  Luke is upset over Rory dating Dean.  "Does it feel right to you? Are you okay with this Rory-and-Dean thing?" "I just need this to work."  At the Gilmore mansion, Emily and Richard have a pleasant, but cool, exchange. "I bought a panic room." "Very good." 

6.  Norman Mailer, I'm Pregnant -- Luke's.  Lorelai promises Kirk will not try to poach business anymore.  Norman Mailer drinks iced tea.  Rory goes by Chris' apartment and tells him to stay away from Lorelai.  "Mom’s in a relationship now, and she’s doing really great. He’s kind, and, well, he’s there."

7.  You Jump, I Jump, Jack -- Gilmore Pool House.  Emily is angry that Richard went golfing with Luke.  "You are encouraging this ridiculous relationship!"  Lorelai calls Rory to talk about Luke's golfing trip.  "Hey, do men shave anywhere except their faces?"  Logan drops off Rory's camera, a gorilla mask, and a bottle of champagne.

8.  The Party's Over -- Crap Shack.  Lorelai calls her parents, upset about the Male Yale Party.  "Now she is young. But young people need guidance. And since you seem so little help in this department, we had to step in."

9.  Emily Says Hello -- Yale.  Rory studies with Marty.  "So, you broke up with your boyfriend, huh? . . . Rory?"  Chris calls Lorelai and leaves her a message, wanting to talk about lunch ending badly.  Emily returns from a date with Simon, and cries as she looks around at her empty house.

10.  But Not as Cute as Pushkin -- Miss Patty's.  Luke apologizes about his Dark Day.  'See there's a reason I stay away from people on this particular day. It's because I suck."  He goes over to the Crap Shack and looks at his boat.  At Yale, Logan gets punk'd by Richard and Rory.  "And Logan, welcome to the family, son."

11.  Women of Questionable Morals -- Crap Shack.  Luke has brought Lorelai her own ice skating rink.  "I felt kind of bad about you and snow, the rough time you were having, and I really wasn’t helping any by saying all that stuff about snow being a pain and impractical, and it’s just icy water falling from the sky, and I thought maybe I’d get you two back together. Make you feel better about snow again. I'm grumpy about stuff but I don't want you to be."

13.  Wedding Bell Blues -- Vow Renewal.  Luke. Lorelai. Chris. Rory. Logan.  "You and me, we're done."

14.  Say Something -- Crap Shack.  Luke has rushed over after Lorelai left him a sad, rambling message on his answering machine and then went over to steal the tape before he listened to it.  "You should go. It's cold. I'll be fine."

15.  Jews & Chinese Food -- Fiddler on the Roof.  Luke and Lorelai almost have a moment, but are interrupted by kids from the play.  At Yale, Marty admits he 'likes' Rory.  "I like . . . Logan."  "Yeah, I figured."  Later, Logan comes by Rory's room and stays.

16.  So. . .Good Talk -- Luke's.  Emily comes by to tell Luke she's done interfering in Lorelai's life.  "She wants you, Luke. She’s made her choice, G-d help her, but there it is."  He goes over to make up with Lorelai.

17.  Pulp Friction -- Dragonfly.  Lorelai is on the phone with Rory, who is telling her about Logan being jealous because she went to a party with Robert.  "And since then, by the way, Logan has called twice today, we’re going out tonight, and we’ve already made plans for this week. Complete and total turn-around."  Michel is trying to sell the RV he won on The Price is Right.  Kirk just needs somewhere to sleep.

19.  But I'm a Gilmore! -- Yale.  Mitchum comes by to offer Rory an internship.  "Say the only reason I offered this to you is because my family behaved badly and I wanted to make up for it. Say I have no interest in furthering your career. This is still an opportunity. Who cares why you got the opportunity? It’s here, and life is about making the most of everything you’re handed. Well, this is being handed to you. Now, what are you going to do about it?"

20.  How Many Kropogs to Cape Cod -- Sookie's House.  Sookie and Lorelai discuss Mike Armstrong's offer to invest in the Dragonfly.  "We’d have money again. Remember what it was like to have money?"

22.  A House is Not a Home -- Gilmore's Poolhouse.  Lorelai watches sadly through the window as Rory unpacks her things.  Lorelai goes to Luke's to tell him Rory has dropped out of Yale.  "This was her dream. I am not going to let this happen."  "Luke, will you marry me?"  "What?"

More ties.  3, 8, 6 gone. Vote against two.

If it got more than one vote, it's out. Voting against two.