Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

2, 8 out!

Favorite Openers Season 2 

3.  Red Light on the Wedding Night - The girls sample wedding cakes at Fran's bakery.  Rory wonders at the morality of sampling wedding cakes when they already know Sookie is going to be making it.  Fran is bringing out a mocha crunch cream.  "So, ethics?" "Highly subjective and completely overrated."

4.  Road Trip to Harvard - The girls are going on a road trip after the cancelled wedding.  Rory is not digging the mapless spontaneity.  Lorelai is annoyed by the lack of good tunes.  "I need my 'Highway to Hell.'" "It's right out the windshield there."

5.  Nick & Nora, Sid & Nancy - The girls eat breakfast at Luke's.  It's Rory's first day back at Chilton after summer break.  Lane needs CD's.  Taylor brings in a group of boy scouts.  Luke gets a phone call which is going to shake things up in Stars Hollow.  "Do you have a sister?"  "Uh, no."  "I do."  "You have my sympathies."

7.  Like Mother, Like Daughter - Luke's is busy.  Lorelai tries flirting with him for faster service.  Rory hassles Lorelai about the Barry Manilow CD which was hiding under the seat of the car.  They bicker over whose guilty pleasure music is worse.  "The Macarena. You and Lane for hours and hours, for weeks on end." "Hey, we were mocking. You can't mock the mocking."

9.  Run Away, Little Boy - A late wedding gift has arrived for Lorelai and Max.  There's no card on the outside showing who sent it, so Lorelai has to open it.  "Somebody sent me a fascist ice cream maker?"  Rory and Sookie want to make ice cream.  Lorelai does not.  "Okay, clearly this is shaping up to be one of those moments that St. Peter's gonna show on the big video screen when I die, and I for one do not wanna see the three of us staggering around with cider ice cream slathered all over our faces while my soul hangs in the balance, so until I can find out who sent this, no one goes near it."

10.  The Bracebridge Dinner - The girls are building a snowman.  Er, snowwoman.  The mouth is crooked.  "It gives her a unique expression." "Like she had a stroke?"  Rory has to be careful with her winter break plans, as Paris wants the first Franklin issue after break to be a double issue, because the news never sleeps.  "What about Paris, does she ever sleep?" "I think she periodically makes a whirring noise and then just shuts down."

11.  Secrets & Loans - Luke's.  Rory's PSAT scores are in.  The girls are going to hit the Rocky Horror Picture Show to celebrate.  Luke will come as Doctor Frank-N-Furter.  "Oh hey, if by some chance you knock on the door but no one answers even though all the lights are on, I'll just meet you there."

12.  Richard in Stars Hollow - FND.  Emily grills Lorelai on whether or not she's dating anyone, and if she plans to be single her entire life.  "Well, I visited the family mausoleum today." "Never what you think it’s gonna be!"  There's currently no more room for any spouses or children, unless they get an annex.  Aunt Cecile will have to be moved.

13.  A'Tisket A'Tasket - The girls shop for picnic baskets.  They run into Miss Patty, who bought her basket weeks ago.  She's getting that itch again.  She accidentally drops a picture of Lorelai she carries around with her.  "When, in my daily travels, I run across a nice single guy, I like to have a visual aid to help me with the wonderful buildup I give you."

14.  It Should've Been Lorelai - Luke's is empty.  The girls try to play bagel hockey.  Lane is grounded after the Henry/picnic thing, but sees them go into the diner and calls Rory on Luke's phone and rants about the Psalm-a-Day phone line.  Lorelai wants to recruit Luke for bagel hockey, but they'll have to bump Schmitty.  "Schmitty’s over the hill, he’s washed up, put him in Cooperstown. Suit up kid!"  "Call me if anyone sane walks in."

15.  Lost & Found - The girls are on the way to Luke's.  Lorelai hurt herself trying to clean the rain gutters and now is on the brink of gangrene and possibly vertigo.  "This is gonna be the Vanity Fair paper cut incident all over again, isn’t it?"

16.  There's the Rub - Luke's is being remodeled.  Sheetrock is falling.  Jess gives Rory an umbrella to sit under.  Emily calls and offers Lorelai a free spa weekend and then decides to join her after Lorelai makes it sound so amazing.  "It’s as close as you’ll ever come to being a dog."

17.  Dead Uncles and Vegetables - Crap Shack.  The phone is ringing, Lorelai doesn't get there in time to answer so the machine picks up.  It's Emily.  She calls back several times, complaining about something different each time.  "Ah, an earless world, what a dream!"

18.  Back in the Saddle Again - FND, almost.  They're having to wait for Richard.   "Forever. Godot was just here. He said ‘I ain’t waiting for Richard,’ grabbed a roll, and left. It’s been forever."  He finally comes in, covered in various car engine fluids, and tells them to start without him.  Emily refuses and says they will wait for him to get cleaned up.  "Right back, Dad, like right back. In fact, change on the way upstairs. And make it a Navy shower – quick soap, quick rinse and no excessive posing!"

19.  Teach Me Tonight - Doose's Market.  The girls chat with Taylor about Movie in the Square night.  They're disappointed when they realize the movie is going to be The Yearling....again.  "I’ve had it. You have such strong opinions about everything, you go out and try to find a movie that everybody will enjoy. It’s all yours. I relinquish my movie picking crown to you." "He relinquished his crown!" "I heard."  The girls head home to pop some popcorn and figure out which movie to show.

20.  Help Wanted - The girls head to Luke's.  Rory is worried about the fight Lorelai and Luke had over the car accident, Lorelai insists everything will be fine.  "We’ll go in, he’ll be crabby, I’ll be adorable, he’ll forget everything and that, as they say, will be that."  Then they get to the diner and realize everything is not fine.  "Are you sure it's closed?"  Luke's gone fishing.

21.  Lorelai's Graduation Day - Lorelai has found a new breakfast spot but won't tell Rory where.  Lane needs to practice drumming on their pots and pans again.  The girls end up at Sookie's.  "You are without shame."  Jackson's not a morning person.

22.  I Can't Get Started - Sookie is choosing wedding music.  Everything is depressing.  "Hey Jude . . . Seasons in the Sun . . . Cat's in the Cradle . . . Don't Cry Out Loud?  Sookie, do you even like Jackson?"

9, 11 out

3.  Red Light on the Wedding Night - The girls sample wedding cakes at Fran's bakery.  Rory wonders at the morality of sampling wedding cakes when they already know Sookie is going to be making it.  Fran is bringing out a mocha crunch cream.  "So, ethics?" "Highly subjective and completely overrated."

4.  Road Trip to Harvard - The girls are going on a road trip after the cancelled wedding.  Rory is not digging the mapless spontaneity.  Lorelai is annoyed by the lack of good tunes.  "I need my 'Highway to Hell.'" "It's right out the windshield there."

5.  Nick & Nora, Sid & Nancy - The girls eat breakfast at Luke's.  It's Rory's first day back at Chilton after summer break.  Lane needs CD's.  Taylor brings in a group of boy scouts.  Luke gets a phone call which is going to shake things up in Stars Hollow.  "Do you have a sister?"  "Uh, no."  "I do."  "You have my sympathies."

7.  Like Mother, Like Daughter - Luke's is busy.  Lorelai tries flirting with him for faster service.  Rory hassles Lorelai about the Barry Manilow CD which was hiding under the seat of the car.  They bicker over whose guilty pleasure music is worse.  "The Macarena. You and Lane for hours and hours, for weeks on end." "Hey, we were mocking. You can't mock the mocking."

10.  The Bracebridge Dinner - The girls are building a snowman.  Er, snowwoman.  The mouth is crooked.  "It gives her a unique expression." "Like she had a stroke?"  Rory has to be careful with her winter break plans, as Paris wants the first Franklin issue after break to be a double issue, because the news never sleeps.  "What about Paris, does she ever sleep?" "I think she periodically makes a whirring noise and then just shuts down."

12.  Richard in Stars Hollow - FND.  Emily grills Lorelai on whether or not she's dating anyone, and if she plans to be single her entire life.  "Well, I visited the family mausoleum today." "Never what you think it’s gonna be!"  There's currently no more room for any spouses or children, unless they get an annex.  Aunt Cecile will have to be moved.

13.  A'Tisket A'Tasket - The girls shop for picnic baskets.  They run into Miss Patty, who bought her basket weeks ago.  She's getting that itch again.  She accidentally drops a picture of Lorelai she carries around with her.  "When, in my daily travels, I run across a nice single guy, I like to have a visual aid to help me with the wonderful buildup I give you."

14.  It Should've Been Lorelai - Luke's is empty.  The girls try to play bagel hockey.  Lane is grounded after the Henry/picnic thing, but sees them go into the diner and calls Rory on Luke's phone and rants about the Psalm-a-Day phone line.  Lorelai wants to recruit Luke for bagel hockey, but they'll have to bump Schmitty.  "Schmitty’s over the hill, he’s washed up, put him in Cooperstown. Suit up kid!"  "Call me if anyone sane walks in."

15.  Lost & Found - The girls are on the way to Luke's.  Lorelai hurt herself trying to clean the rain gutters and now is on the brink of gangrene and possibly vertigo.  "This is gonna be the Vanity Fair paper cut incident all over again, isn’t it?"

16.  There's the Rub - Luke's is being remodeled.  Sheetrock is falling.  Jess gives Rory an umbrella to sit under.  Emily calls and offers Lorelai a free spa weekend and then decides to join her after Lorelai makes it sound so amazing.  "It’s as close as you’ll ever come to being a dog."

17.  Dead Uncles and Vegetables - Crap Shack.  The phone is ringing, Lorelai doesn't get there in time to answer so the machine picks up.  It's Emily.  She calls back several times, complaining about something different each time.  "Ah, an earless world, what a dream!"

18.  Back in the Saddle Again - FND, almost.  They're having to wait for Richard.   "Forever. Godot was just here. He said ‘I ain’t waiting for Richard,’ grabbed a roll, and left. It’s been forever."  He finally comes in, covered in various car engine fluids, and tells them to start without him.  Emily refuses and says they will wait for him to get cleaned up.  "Right back, Dad, like right back. In fact, change on the way upstairs. And make it a Navy shower – quick soap, quick rinse and no excessive posing!"

19.  Teach Me Tonight - Doose's Market.  The girls chat with Taylor about Movie in the Square night.  They're disappointed when they realize the movie is going to be The Yearling....again.  "I’ve had it. You have such strong opinions about everything, you go out and try to find a movie that everybody will enjoy. It’s all yours. I relinquish my movie picking crown to you." "He relinquished his crown!" "I heard."  The girls head home to pop some popcorn and figure out which movie to show.

20.  Help Wanted - The girls head to Luke's.  Rory is worried about the fight Lorelai and Luke had over the car accident, Lorelai insists everything will be fine.  "We’ll go in, he’ll be crabby, I’ll be adorable, he’ll forget everything and that, as they say, will be that."  Then they get to the diner and realize everything is not fine.  "Are you sure it's closed?"  Luke's gone fishing.

21.  Lorelai's Graduation Day - Lorelai has found a new breakfast spot but won't tell Rory where.  Lane needs to practice drumming on their pots and pans again.  The girls end up at Sookie's.  "You are without shame."  Jackson's not a morning person.

22.  I Can't Get Started - Sookie is choosing wedding music.  Everything is depressing.  "Hey Jude . . . Seasons in the Sun . . . Cat's in the Cradle . . . Don't Cry Out Loud?  Sookie, do you even like Jackson?"

3, 4 out!

Aw man, I use the "Vanity Fair paper cut incident" line all the time LOL.  15, 18 gone!

20, 22 gone!

5, 19 out!

13, 16 out!