Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

Ah geez.  Three for 3, three for 6.  Guess I've got to play tie-breaker.

I think I'm going to go with 6 to win.  It's a more 'unexpected' sweet moment than the other, especially when Emily realizes the freshly grated parmesan cheese makes "all the difference" and goes to grate some on Richard's pizza.  :)

So, our winner!

Rory and the Grandparents

6.  Rory gets snowed in at the elder Gilmores' and introduces them to frozen pizza.  "Frozen pizza is a staple at our house. Mom's become a major doctoring genius. She'll put anything on it. One time Sookie came and brought us some foie gras, and Mom stuck it on a pizza." "How was it?" "Pretty good once we took the foie gras off."  (L&W&S)

• Love 1

The majority have spoken but I honestly don't see 6 as a grandparent moment.  It's a cute, quippy line from Rory but really doesn't have anything to do with the grandparent/granddaughter relationship.  She could have used that line with anybody.

Grumpy loser.

For me, it wasn't just the line. It was the entire moment. Rory being able to convince her grandparents to even EAT a frozen pizza. And then Emily really liking the cheese. Sharing Lorelai's old photos with her. It was a great bonding moment for all 3 of them. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, ghoulina said:

For me, it wasn't just the line. It was the entire moment. Rory being able to convince her grandparents to even EAT a frozen pizza. And then Emily really liking the cheese. Sharing Lorelai's old photos with her. It was a great bonding moment for all 3 of them. 

This. The line was meh, but I voted for the scene as a whole.

Especially since you heartless individuals took away Rory approaching her grandparents over her mom’s graduation and approaching them over paying for her college.

2 minutes ago, deaja said:

Especially since you heartless individuals took away Rory approaching her grandparents over her mom’s graduation and approaching them over paying for her college.

Well, again, that was more about Rory and her mother than the grands, in my opinion.  She wanted something from them.

31 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Well, again, that was more about Rory and her mother than the grands, in my opinion.  She wanted something from them.

The first one maybe, not so much the second one. Either way, I saw both scenes as about Rory having the courage to face them on her own, broker HER own deals with them. It was, again, about strengthening their relationships. Independent of Lorelai. Just my opinion. 

1 hour ago, deaja said:

>_<

You always crack me up.

Hey did we decide already what we are doing next?  Was it Paris scenes or was that just a suggestion?

On 2/27/2018 at 7:37 AM, Taryn74 said:

What do we want to do next, guys?  Here are some ideas I've got jotted down -

Paris

Rory & the Grandparents

Lorelai & Emily

Emily

Richard

Michel

This was what we discussed right before we did Rory/Grandparents. 

I feel like we did Michel not too long ago. 

• Love 1

Okay we should probably do Paris scenes then, that will be different enough from what we've done lately that it won't feel like we're rehashing the same scenes.  I'll be gone most of the weekend but you guys feel free to start listing some scenes and I'll get to work on it Monday.

When the roommates are worried about who wrote "DIE JERK" on their door and Paris let's everyone know she's got her "Eastside 860 partners" on it.

When she's tutoring at Yale and tells the prospective client, "I can scare the stupid out of you, but the lazy runs deep."

When she calls Headmaster Charleston a "sexist, white haired...." for assuming she and Rory are fighting over a boy. 

When she makes the best hat for her and Rory's first day on the YDN. 

When she pretends to like Jess to save Rory from Dean's wrath. 

Her "welcome" speech when she becomes editor of the Yale Daily News - "If you need some love, get a hooker".

When she scares everyone at the Dragonfly with her bi-weekly lunches, and discusses the appropriate sleeping attire.  "I wore a camisole one night and it almost strangled me".

When she gets fooled by a banana eating contest during Spring Break. 

When Logan comes to win Rory back after the bridesmaids debacle and she tells him off. "You offer nothing to women or the world in general". 

Her "we won!" - "we lost!" faces for the Harvard-Yale game. 

When she and Doyle tear up the floorboards during Oliva and Lucy's 2002 party. (Or was it 2003?)

When she forces Rory to open up their dorm room for the first party of the year, then freaks out and kicks them all out. 

Paris speed-dating. Enough said. 

Her heckling of Brad and constant "Into the Woods" references. 

Paris in the diner interrogating Luke.

Paris admitting to Rory that she slept with Jamie and then apologises for letting Francie twist things.

Paris telling Lucy to forgive Rory and saying how good a friend Rory is.

Paris scenes

1.  Someone wrote "Die, Jerk!" on the dorm room door.  The girls assemble inside to discuss it.  "Let's face it, I'm the most likely target, so I've already made up a list of enemies, which I've narrowed down from twenty-six to five."  "Just at Yale?"  "Just in this building."  Paris has got her Eastside 860 partners on it.  (Die, Jerk)

2.  Paris opens an SAT Prep tutoring class.  It's going as expected.  "She's got a 'c' average, which means she's either lazy or stupid. I can work with either. Frankly, sometimes stupid is easier. I can scare the stupid out of you, but the lazy runs deep."  (The Long Morrow)

3.  Paris and Rory get called into Headmaster Charleston's office for fighting.  When neither of them will talk, he tosses out a few potential reasons for their fight, including both interested in the same boy.  "We’re girls, so we could only be arguing about a boy, right? Sexist, white-haired -- "  "Paris, are you muttering?"  (Lorelai Out of Water)

4.  Paris and Rory have to make newspaper hats and wait on the staff of the Yale Daily News.  Paris' hat is amazing.  "Martha Stewart actually did a segment on how to make a hat out of newspaper?"  (TNATP)

5.  Paris and Jess end up at Rory's house, eating a ton of food and having great conversation about books and pop culture.  Dean comes over to surprise Rory, and is furious to find Jess there.  Paris jumps in and pretends she wanted to invite Jess over.  "It’s my fault that Jess was here. I saw him in the diner the day I came to Stars Hollow and I thought he was cute and since I’m not great at the whole ‘batting the eyelashes, look at my belly shirt’ kind of thing, I asked Rory to help me."  (TTR)

6.  Paris introduces herself on her first day as editor of the YDN.  "Please remember that I am your editor. I am not your mother or your hugger. If you need some love, get a hooker. If you're having a bad day, find a ledge or a way to deal. My door is not open to you, ever."  (The Perfect Dress)

7.  Paris comes to the Dragonfly for a bi-weekly lunch with Lorelai while Rory is on the outs.  She traumatizes the staff and asks for advice on how to dress for bed when consistently spending the night with a guy.  "I wore a camisole one night. It almost strangled me."  (The UnGraduate)

8.  Paris is starving while on Spring Break.  She misunderstands the 'banana eating contest' going on at the upper level.  "I must be crazy for thinking a banana-eating contest was about eating a banana!"  (GIB, BDTT)

9.  Logan comes by to try to talk to Rory after the bridesmaids debacle.  He finds Paris instead.  "You, Logan Huntzberger, are nothing but a two-bit, spoiled waste of a trust fund. You offer nothing to women or the world in general. If you were to disappear from the face of the earth tomorrow, the only person that would miss you is your Porsche dealer."  (I'm OK, You're OK)

10.  Paris asks Rory to take a win/lose photo of herself at the Harvard/Yale game.  Rory wonders why she can't just take it after they actually win or lose.  "Oh, please, I'm already so bored out of my mind, I'm thinking of transferring to Princeton for the hell of it. There's no way I'm gonna make it to the game. Just take the picture so I can go home."  (TKBNO)

11.  Lucy invites Paris to her 2002 party.  Paris and Doyle come ready to scorch the floorboards.  (Knit, People, Knit)

12.  Paris is determined to make a new name for herself at Yale.  She harasses Rory until Rory agrees to leave their dorm open for the first party of the year.  Later she gets annoyed by the partygoers and kicks them all out.  "Okay, everybody out, now! This room is closed. Take your gross beer and your inane conversations somewhere else. Move!"  (THTSADS)

13.  Paris attempts speed-dating.  The first two prospects aren't great.  "Bye, Jack. I'll write Mother immediately."  She realizes Doyle is there and they hit it off.  (Pushkin)

14.  Brad is back after his time on Broadway.  He makes it onto Paris' heckling list when he signs up for the same speech contest.  "I’ll take my beans, my magic beans, who’s got the beans, we need some beans, I love the beans." "You can’t rattle me." "Into the woods at Grandma’s house." "Look, I'm proud of my part, okay? The New York Times called me winningly naïve."  (The Big One)

15.  Paris tries to uncover the seedy underbelly of Stars Hollow.  She grills Luke about his customers.  "Reverend Nichols, huh? What is that, like Dr. Feelgood?"  (RiSH)

16.  Paris needs Rory's advice so she comes over with the pretense of working on their combined speech.  "I slept with Jamie. Last night, after we talked." "Was it something I said?" "I went over there to study and he lit a fire and then we did it. What are your thoughts on that?"  She apologizes for letting Francie twist things and mess up their friendship.  (The Big One)

17.  Paris confronts Lucy, who hasn't forgiven Rory yet for pretending not to know Marty.  "Can you let her off the hook, for g-d's sakes? In case you didn't know it, Rory is a great person, and she does not deserve to be treated this way."  (TWIMC)

18.  Paris and Doyle are taxed with keeping an eye on Logan after his cliff diving accident.  Logan wakes up to hear Paris reciting the different parts of the male anatomy.  "What are you doing?" "Boning up. Pardon the pun. Got my MCATS coming up, medical school."  (DMG)

Paris goes to Lorelai's (and meets Luke again) they discuss Rory dropping out of Yale

Paris is in her "bunker" at the YDN.  She's eating a can of soup.

Paris tells Rory that Asher is dead. She's handling the funeral arrangements

Paris gets accepted to many universities. She goes from happy to wigged out.

Paris scenes

1.  Someone wrote "Die, Jerk!" on the dorm room door.  The girls assemble inside to discuss it.  "Let's face it, I'm the most likely target, so I've already made up a list of enemies, which I've narrowed down from twenty-six to five."  "Just at Yale?"  "Just in this building."  Paris has got her Eastside 860 partners on it.  (Die, Jerk)

2.  Paris opens an SAT Prep tutoring class.  It's going as expected.  "She's got a 'c' average, which means she's either lazy or stupid. I can work with either. Frankly, sometimes stupid is easier. I can scare the stupid out of you, but the lazy runs deep."  (The Long Morrow)

3.  Paris and Rory get called into Headmaster Charleston's office for fighting.  When neither of them will talk, he tosses out a few potential reasons for their fight, including both interested in the same boy.  "We’re girls, so we could only be arguing about a boy, right? Sexist, white-haired -- "  "Paris, are you muttering?"  (Lorelai Out of Water)

4.  Paris and Rory have to make newspaper hats and wait on the staff of the Yale Daily News.  Paris' hat is amazing.  "Martha Stewart actually did a segment on how to make a hat out of newspaper?"  (TNATP)

5.  Paris and Jess end up at Rory's house, eating a ton of food and having great conversation about books and pop culture.  Dean comes over to surprise Rory, and is furious to find Jess there.  Paris jumps in and pretends she wanted to invite Jess over.  "It’s my fault that Jess was here. I saw him in the diner the day I came to Stars Hollow and I thought he was cute and since I’m not great at the whole ‘batting the eyelashes, look at my belly shirt’ kind of thing, I asked Rory to help me."  (TTR)

6.  Paris introduces herself on her first day as editor of the YDN.  "Please remember that I am your editor. I am not your mother or your hugger. If you need some love, get a hooker. If you're having a bad day, find a ledge or a way to deal. My door is not open to you, ever."  (The Perfect Dress)

7.  Paris comes to the Dragonfly for a bi-weekly lunch with Lorelai while Rory is on the outs.  She traumatizes the staff and asks for advice on how to dress for bed when consistently spending the night with a guy.  "I wore a camisole one night. It almost strangled me."  (The UnGraduate)

8.  Paris is starving while on Spring Break.  She misunderstands the 'banana eating contest' going on at the upper level.  "I must be crazy for thinking a banana-eating contest was about eating a banana!"  (GIB, BDTT)

9.  Logan comes by to try to talk to Rory after the bridesmaids debacle.  He finds Paris instead.  "You, Logan Huntzberger, are nothing but a two-bit, spoiled waste of a trust fund. You offer nothing to women or the world in general. If you were to disappear from the face of the earth tomorrow, the only person that would miss you is your Porsche dealer."  (I'm OK, You're OK)

10.  Paris asks Rory to take a win/lose photo of herself at the Harvard/Yale game.  Rory wonders why she can't just take it after they actually win or lose.  "Oh, please, I'm already so bored out of my mind, I'm thinking of transferring to Princeton for the hell of it. There's no way I'm gonna make it to the game. Just take the picture so I can go home."  (TKBNO)

11.  Lucy invites Paris to her 2002 party.  Paris and Doyle come ready to scorch the floorboards.  (Knit, People, Knit)

12.  Paris is determined to make a new name for herself at Yale.  She harasses Rory until Rory agrees to leave their dorm open for the first party of the year.  Later she gets annoyed by the partygoers and kicks them all out.  "Okay, everybody out, now! This room is closed. Take your gross beer and your inane conversations somewhere else. Move!"  (THTSADS)

13.  Paris attempts speed-dating.  The first two prospects aren't great.  "Bye, Jack. I'll write Mother immediately."  She realizes Doyle is there and they hit it off.  (Pushkin)

14.  Brad is back after his time on Broadway.  He makes it onto Paris' heckling list when he signs up for the same speech contest.  "I’ll take my beans, my magic beans, who’s got the beans, we need some beans, I love the beans." "You can’t rattle me." "Into the woods at Grandma’s house." "Look, I'm proud of my part, okay? The New York Times called me winningly naïve."  (The Big One)

15.  Paris tries to uncover the seedy underbelly of Stars Hollow.  She grills Luke about his customers.  "Reverend Nichols, huh? What is that, like Dr. Feelgood?"  (RiSH)

16.  Paris needs Rory's advice so she comes over with the pretense of working on their combined speech.  "I slept with Jamie. Last night, after we talked." "Was it something I said?" "I went over there to study and he lit a fire and then we did it. What are your thoughts on that?"  She apologizes for letting Francie twist things and mess up their friendship.  (The Big One)

17.  Paris confronts Lucy, who hasn't forgiven Rory yet for pretending not to know Marty.  "Can you let her off the hook, for g-d's sakes? In case you didn't know it, Rory is a great person, and she does not deserve to be treated this way."  (TWIMC)

18.  Paris and Doyle are taxed with keeping an eye on Logan after his cliff diving accident.  Logan wakes up to hear Paris reciting the different parts of the male anatomy.  "What are you doing?" "Boning up. Pardon the pun. Got my MCATS coming up, medical school."  (DMG)

19.  Paris finds out Rory has dropped out of Yale and heads to the Crap Shack to freak out about it to Lorelai.  She's worried that without Rory there to compete with, she won't have the drive to push herself to excel.  "Paris, listen to me. You are a very smart, driven young lady. You can be anything you want. Except a diplomat."  (NaIL)

20.  Being editor of the YDN eventually pushes Paris over the edge.  Rory finds her hiding in her bunker eating soup out of a can and has to deliver the news that the board voted her out.   "I'll be damned if I'm gonna give those people a perp walk."  (You've Been Gilmored)

21.  Asher Fleming has died (but not during sex) and Paris has to make the funeral arrangements.  "He wanted to be cremated, but if you had seen how filthy that crematorium was -- so I shipped him to Cambridge, which apparently is known for its cremation facilities. That was a transportation nightmare, and, of course, his daughter was upset with the move, but where was she at Thanksgiving, huh?"  (WitS)

22.  Paris gets acceptance letters from six graduate schools on the same day.  She goes from being elated to wigging out over how she'll decide which one to go to.  "Enough with the hysterics! I have a big decision to make, and all this hooting and hollering isn't exactly helping matters!"  (IJLRAB)

23.  Paris asks Rory to help her get ready for her date with Tristan.  She didn't go to Madeline or Louise, because they just don't get "the whole supportive ‘You’re going to be fine and not throw up 12 times on the way to his car’ thing".  (TTL)

24.  Paris reluctantly agrees to go to the Bangles concert.  She perks up when Lorelai tracks down Madeline and Louise and pulls them out of the party they snuck off to.  "I think this is the best night I’ve ever had."  (Concert Interruptus)

25.  Jamie asks Paris out on a date but she doesn't realize it's for an actual date.  "Oh man, I can’t believe this! I finally get asked out on a date and I missed it?"  (LHCD)

26.  Lane does Tana's makeup and hair before class so she can catch the eye of Chester Fleet.  Tana describes him - and his father - to Lane and Paris.  "I'd forgot the first part of that sentence by the time you finished, but I say jump him."  (AFM)

Paris phones Rory with the good news on the student council election.  "I knew we had most of the academic clubs tied up, but band – they were the wild card ‘cause believe me, if anybody’s going to be truly scared of me, it’s some artsy loser with a tuba wrapped around his neck."  I Can't Get Started.

Time to start voting!!  There were lots more Paris scenes so if you've got a favorite I didn't add, feel free to suggest it and I'll tack it on.

Paris scenes

19.  Paris finds out Rory has dropped out of Yale and heads to the Crap Shack to freak out about it to Lorelai.  She's worried that without Rory there to compete with, she won't have the drive to push herself to excel.  "Paris, listen to me. You are a very smart, driven young lady. You can be anything you want. Except a diplomat."  (NaIL)

20.  Being editor of the YDN eventually pushes Paris over the edge.  Rory finds her hiding in her bunker eating soup out of a can and has to deliver the news that the board voted her out.   "I'll be damned if I'm gonna give those people a perp walk."  (You've Been Gilmored)

21.  Asher Fleming has died (but not during sex) and Paris has to make the funeral arrangements.  "He wanted to be cremated, but if you had seen how filthy that crematorium was -- so I shipped him to Cambridge, which apparently is known for its cremation facilities. That was a transportation nightmare, and, of course, his daughter was upset with the move, but where was she at Thanksgiving, huh?"  (WitS)

22.  Paris gets acceptance letters from six graduate schools on the same day.  She goes from being elated to wigging out over how she'll decide which one to go to.  "Enough with the hysterics! I have a big decision to make, and all this hooting and hollering isn't exactly helping matters!"  (IJLRAB)

23.  Paris asks Rory to help her get ready for her date with Tristan.  She didn't go to Madeline or Louise, because they just don't get "the whole supportive ‘You’re going to be fine and not throw up 12 times on the way to his car’ thing".  (TTL)

24.  Paris reluctantly agrees to go to the Bangles concert.  She perks up when Lorelai tracks down Madeline and Louise and pulls them out of the party they snuck off to.  "I think this is the best night I’ve ever had."  (Concert Interruptus)

25.  Jamie asks Paris out on a date but she doesn't realize it's for an actual date.  "Oh man, I can’t believe this! I finally get asked out on a date and I missed it?"  (LHCD)

26.  Lane does Tana's makeup and hair before class so she can catch the eye of Chester Fleet.  Tana describes him - and his father - to Lane and Paris.  "I'd forgotten the first part of that sentence by the time you finished, but I say jump him."  (AFM)

27.  Paris phones Rory with the good news on the student council election.  "I knew we had most of the academic clubs tied up, but band – they were the wild card ‘cause believe me, if anybody’s going to be truly scared of me, it’s some artsy loser with a tuba wrapped around his neck."  I Can't Get Started

28.  Paris is stunned when Jamie shows up at Chilton, after not contacting her again after their date over the summer.  "He was supposed to go away and never come back. I already wrote his name in my revenge notebook."  (TSG, DT?)

29.  Paris insists Rory work on the Franklin double issue over winter break, and brings several articles which need rewriting by the Inn.  "Madeline's 500 words on test anxiety spends 400 of them arguing that stretch corduroy is the best material for low-rise jeans."  Rory talks her into staying for dinner, since she's not doing anything that night.  "Rereading the Iliad a third time is not 'not doing anything'. I'm not pathetic."  (Bracebridge Dinner)

30.  Paris builds a house and advises Rory on getting into college.  "I'll have a life after I graduate from Harvard. Now if you'll excuse me, the drainage on the south side of this place sucks."  (Hammers & Veils)

2, 11, 18 gone!  Voting against three.

Paris scenes

26.  Lane does Tana's makeup and hair before class so she can catch the eye of Chester Fleet.  Tana describes him - and his father - to Lane and Paris.  "I'd forgotten the first part of that sentence by the time you finished, but I say jump him."  (AFM)

27.  Paris phones Rory with the good news on the student council election.  "I knew we had most of the academic clubs tied up, but band – they were the wild card ‘cause believe me, if anybody’s going to be truly scared of me, it’s some artsy loser with a tuba wrapped around his neck."  I Can't Get Started

28.  Paris is stunned when Jamie shows up at Chilton, after not contacting her again after their date over the summer.  "He was supposed to go away and never come back. I already wrote his name in my revenge notebook."  (TSG, DT?)

29.  Paris insists Rory work on the Franklin double issue over winter break, and brings several articles which need rewriting by the Inn.  "Madeline's 500 words on test anxiety spends 400 of them arguing that stretch corduroy is the best material for low-rise jeans."  Rory talks her into staying for dinner, since she's not doing anything that night.  "Rereading the Iliad a third time is not 'not doing anything'. I'm not pathetic."  (Bracebridge Dinner)

30.  Paris builds a house and advises Rory on getting into college.  "I'll have a life after I graduate from Harvard. Now if you'll excuse me, the drainage on the south side of this place sucks."  (Hammers & Veils)

4, 17, 20 out.  Still three.

Paris scenes

8, 21, 26 out!  Still three.

Paris scenes

1, 7, 19 out!  Still three.

Paris scenes