Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

31 and 27 gone!  (I don't remember who it was a couple of rounds ago that said they didn't really blame Luke for what he said in N&N, S&N -- I agree.  I didn't hate Lorelai for trying to help, but she was awfully condescending to Jess and should have known better than to gripe about him to Luke.)

Scenes where a character is acting in such a way that you hate them for it.  (Vote against the scenes you don't personally feel as strongly about.)

1.  Rory yells at Lorelai after having sex with Married!Dean.  "I hate you for ruining this for me!"  (R&R)

3.  Emily goes to Christopher and encourages him to break up Lorelai and Luke, as they are getting serious.  "Timing has never been your strong point, Christopher.  You should see if you can change that."  (Come Home)

4.  Lorelai goes to thank Richard for defending her to Straub.  She is hurt when Richard makes it clear he didn't do it for her sake.  "A member of my family was being attacked. The very Gilmore name was being attacked. I will not stand for that, not under any circumstances."  (Christopher Returns)

6.  Lorelai snaps at Sookie for pointing out the two-month-getaway-dance with Max.  "When did you become the relationship expert? You haven't been in a relationship in years."  (Paris is Burning)

9.  Dean yells at Lindsay for answering his phone when Rory called.  "G-d, Lindsay, you know, you don't -- you don't get it, do you? I mean, you have absolutely no respect for me at all. That's just obvious."  (SGTDM)

11.  Rory brings Dean to FND and Richard is nasty to him all evening.  "This family has standards. You live up to them, and you should expect that everyone that you spend time with live up to them also."  (Sadie, Sadie)

12.  Luke agrees to go to Martha's Vineyard with Rory and Logan but then grouches about everything the entire time.  (AVV)

14.  Lorelai sleeps with Chris after leaving Luke standing in the street when he refuses her ultimatum.  (Partings)

17.  Jess assumes Rory followed him into Kyle's bedroom for sex.  (Keg! Max!)

18.  Richard makes a business agreement with Floyd, screwing Jason over in the process.  (TTTB)

20.  Rory silently allows Emily to humiliate Lorelai when Logan is over for FND.  (Kropogs)

21.  Anna refuses Lorelai's attempts to smooth things over after April's birthday party, and tells Lorelai she has no part in April's life.  "Engaged isn't married.  People get engaged all the time."  (SCPP)

24.  Lorelai acts a fool at Thanksgiving dinner after finding out Rory applied to Yale as a backup school.  (ADFKT)

25.  Tristan pulls the rich asshole act on Dean in Doose's, drops and spills a bag of flour and then throws money down to "cover it."  (RALB)

26.  Lorelai screams at Luke in the middle of town square because Jess and Rory got into an accident.  (TMT)

28.  Emily finds out Richard has been having lunch with Pennilyn Lott and takes it out on Lorelai.  "If you hadn't talked to her, I wouldn't have known, and everything would have been fine!"  (TKBNO)

32.  Taylor finds out Kirk didn't make an egg map, first yells at him in the soda shoppe in front of customers, and later embarrasses him in front of the search volunteers.  (TTTB)

33.  Taylor is upset that Rory doesn't have time to be the Ice Cream Queen, so he makes a big deal out of her being too busy to care about the town anymore and makes a kid cry.  (B&B)

39.  Emily is upset when Lorelai still isn't speaking to her after she told Luke to go back to her, thinking he didn't take her advice, so she goes to the diner and yells at him.  (Pulp Friction)

40.  Dean pulls Lorelai away from her picnic with Luke to gripe about Rory going off with Jess.  (A'Tisket A'Tasket)

6 and 40 gone!

Scenes where a character is acting in such a way that you hate them for it.  (Vote against the scenes you don't personally feel as strongly about.)

1.  Rory yells at Lorelai after having sex with Married!Dean.  "I hate you for ruining this for me!"  (R&R)

3.  Emily goes to Christopher and encourages him to break up Lorelai and Luke, as they are getting serious.  "Timing has never been your strong point, Christopher.  You should see if you can change that."  (Come Home)

4.  Lorelai goes to thank Richard for defending her to Straub.  She is hurt when Richard makes it clear he didn't do it for her sake.  "A member of my family was being attacked. The very Gilmore name was being attacked. I will not stand for that, not under any circumstances."  (Christopher Returns)

9.  Dean yells at Lindsay for answering his phone when Rory called.  "G-d, Lindsay, you know, you don't -- you don't get it, do you? I mean, you have absolutely no respect for me at all. That's just obvious."  (SGTDM)

11.  Rory brings Dean to FND and Richard is nasty to him all evening.  "This family has standards. You live up to them, and you should expect that everyone that you spend time with live up to them also."  (Sadie, Sadie)

12.  Luke agrees to go to Martha's Vineyard with Rory and Logan but then grouches about everything the entire time.  (AVV)

14.  Lorelai sleeps with Chris after leaving Luke standing in the street when he refuses her ultimatum.  (Partings)

18.  Richard makes a business agreement with Floyd, screwing Jason over in the process.  (TTTB)

20.  Rory silently allows Emily to humiliate Lorelai when Logan is over for FND.  (Kropogs)

21.  Anna refuses Lorelai's attempts to smooth things over after April's birthday party, and tells Lorelai she has no part in April's life.  "Engaged isn't married.  People get engaged all the time."  (SCPP)

24.  Lorelai acts a fool at Thanksgiving dinner after finding out Rory applied to Yale as a backup school.  (ADFKT)

25.  Tristan pulls the rich asshole act on Dean in Doose's, drops and spills a bag of flour and then throws money down to "cover it."  (RALB)

26.  Lorelai screams at Luke in the middle of town square because Jess and Rory got into an accident.  (TMT)

28.  Emily finds out Richard has been having lunch with Pennilyn Lott and takes it out on Lorelai.  "If you hadn't talked to her, I wouldn't have known, and everything would have been fine!"  (TKBNO)

32.  Taylor finds out Kirk didn't make an egg map, first yells at him in the soda shoppe in front of customers, and later embarrasses him in front of the search volunteers.  (TTTB)

33.  Taylor is upset that Rory doesn't have time to be the Ice Cream Queen, so he makes a big deal out of her being too busy to care about the town anymore and makes a kid cry.  (B&B)

39.  Emily is upset when Lorelai still isn't speaking to her after she told Luke to go back to her, thinking he didn't take her advice, so she goes to the diner and yells at him.  (Pulp Friction)

32 and 39 gone!

19 hours ago, lulu1960 said:

(Only because while Emily was a jerk to Luke, Lorelai put her in her place.)

And then we get that lovely little moment, blink and you'll miss it, where Luke silently comforts Lorelai by squeezing her hand.  le sigh

• Love 1

1 and 33 gone!

I hope everyone has had a lovely holiday.  20 and 25 are gone!  Still voting against two.

Finally, I get to help vote out 17.  I may be the only one who feels this way, but I don't think Jess did anything wrong in that scene.  (I don't think Rory did either, for what it's worth.)  I certainly don't think it was "attempted rape" as I've seen some people refer to it as.

18 is also gone.  Still voting against two.

24 and 28 are gone!  Still two.

21 and 26 out!  Time to drop to voting against one.