Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

The people have spoken!  9 and 30 out.  Let's vote against two one last time.

Dragonfly Inn Scenes

1. Luke & Lorelai share their first kiss.  "What are you doing?"  "Will you just stand still?"  They are interrupted when Naked!Kirk runs by screaming.  (Raincoats & Recipes)

2.  Babette recounts how her bathrobe slipped and Luke's poor little heart couldn't take it.  "Just . . . staring at my plate."  He and Lorelai share a sexy, lingering look.  (Raincoats & Recipes)

3.  Sookie is on bedrest so Luke takes over the Dragonfly kitchen.  She figures out a way to taste-test everything he prepares.  Sookie's a loon, Luke's in a rant.  "You want to know what I’m going to do? Nothing! Because I am in a relationship with you and you know very well I can’t leave."  (But I'm a Gilmore!)

12.  Lorelai and Sookie start demolishing the old Dragonfly property.  Michel gets ready to take their picture.  "This is a good picture of the two of you about to record an important moment for the two of you."  Michel has to be in the picture, too.  (Chicken or Beef)

13.  Lorelai takes the first registration for the Dragonfly . . . on a gum wrapper.  (TISL)

19.  Kirk landed butt-first in Taylor's rose bushes and Lorelai and Luke need Sookie to deal with the thorns.  "Because you're a chef."  "And you have a kid."  "Yes, that's better.  You have a kid."  Sookie drags Luke away for details when she finds out Kirk saw him and Lorelai kissing.  (SGTDM)

32.  Lorelai sits in a closet and talks with Luke about their kiss.  It was a great kiss.  "If one of us had been a frog . . . "  Pau-Pau chews Taylor's shoe.  (SGTDM)

23 hours ago, Taryn74 said:

LOL!!  Why do you hate 2 so much, @timimouse?

By that time, I was soooooo tired of the "will they / won't they" with Luke and Lorelai, so during that episode, I found myself rolling my eyes at every lingering look and unspoken feeling. Don't even get me started on the "Jason tells Luke they're still together" thing! I just wanted them together already!

I see some votes coming in for #2! Yay! LOL

My votes are 2 (hopefully for the last time... hehe) and 19.

• Love 1
3 hours ago, lulu1960 said:

this is soooooo hard

Dirty!

8 minutes ago, timimouse said:

By that time, I was soooooo tired of the "will they / won't they" with Luke and Lorelai, so during that episode, I found myself rolling my eyes at every lingering look and unspoken feeling.

Fair enough!  I personally love that scene because Babette just cracks me the heck up ("his poor little heart couldn't take it!"  LMAO) and sexy, smouldering looks from Luke are always good.  And flustered!Lorelai is fun.

19 hours ago, timimouse said:

My votes are 2 (hopefully for the last time... hehe)

It worked! LOL. 2 and 3 both gone.  

Drop to voting against one now.

Dragonfly Inn Scenes

1. Luke & Lorelai share their first kiss.  "What are you doing?"  "Will you just stand still?"  They are interrupted when Naked!Kirk runs by screaming.  (Raincoats & Recipes)

12.  Lorelai and Sookie start demolishing the old Dragonfly property.  Michel gets ready to take their picture.  "This is a good picture of the two of you about to record an important moment for the two of you."  Michel has to be in the picture, too.  (Chicken or Beef)

13.  Lorelai takes the first registration for the Dragonfly . . . on a gum wrapper.  (TISL)

19.  Kirk landed butt-first in Taylor's rose bushes and Lorelai and Luke need Sookie to deal with the thorns.  "Because you're a chef."  "And you have a kid."  "Yes, that's better.  You have a kid."  Sookie drags Luke away for details when she finds out Kirk saw him and Lorelai kissing.  (SGTDM)

32.  Lorelai sits in a closet and talks with Luke about their kiss.  It was a great kiss.  "If one of us had been a frog . . . "  Pau-Pau chews Taylor's shoe.  (SGTDM)

First unanimous vote in a long time!  Kirk and his thorns are buh-bye!  (I do love when it dawns on Sookie that L/L really did kiss though, so funny and sweet.  She's so happy for the both of them.)

Dragonfly Inn Scenes

Tiny bit outnumbered, Lulu.  Heh.

Dragonfly Inn Scenes

12.... I suppose.  I love 12 and 13 about the same.  Pretty much as long as 1 wins, I'm good.  1 had everything.  The romance, the humor, etc.

I know I'm going to be in the minority here, but hear me out: I love this moment. I love L and L. But for me, the other two moments just better exemplify what I love about the Dragonfly and the dynamic of the main characters who work there. Plus, I think that one of the reasons I rewatch S4 the most is because of how much I enjoy the whole construction of the inn storyline and  watching Lorelai fulfill her dream. 

• Love 2
17 minutes ago, Bumblebee Tights said:

Plus, I think that one of the reasons I rewatch S4 the most is because of how much I enjoy the whole construction of the inn storyline and  watching Lorelai fulfill her dream. 

Agreed, but I think one reason I love R&R is you see Lorelai's two dreams coming together.  Her professional life is taking off and so is her love life.  

But then you have stupid Rory being stupid Rory.  :)

Aw, 12 is gone. *sniff*

Our top two!

Dragonfly Inn Scenes

On 10/2/2017 at 1:06 PM, deaja said:

Agreed, but I think one reason I love R&R is you see Lorelai's two dreams coming together.  Her professional life is taking off and so is her love life.  

But then you have stupid Rory being stupid Rory.  :)

Fair enough, and a good point. 13 to win! I love 1 as well though, so I won't be too disappointed when it inevitably wins instead?

Our winner!

Luke & Lorelai share their first kiss.  "What are you doing?"  "Will you just stand still?"  They are interrupted when Naked!Kirk runs by screaming.  (Raincoats & Recipes)

We did diner scenes already, didn't we?  My memory is not so good right now.  Do we want to do Luke/Jess (or Luke/family since he does have some sweet scenes with Liz too) next?  Other suggestions?

• Love 1

So it looks like I get to be the Supreme Dictator who decides what we do next?  LOL.

I say........ Luke & family scenes!  i.e. Luke & Jess, Luke & Liz, even Luke & TJ if there's one you particularly like.  (Hey, it can happen.)  I've definitely got the other suggestions written on my notes though.

Start naming your faves!  I'll jump in first with -

1.  "You hoping for reciprocation? You got it. I'm here, Jess. I'm always here."  (LWF, TWT)

2.  Liz sets up an earring tree in the diner. Luke is not happy. "They're gonna fall apart. They're gonna make people's ears green and send them to the hospital." Luke will not be designing the ad campaign.  (Nag Hammadi)