Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

There's a fire at the Independence Inn. Sookie, Michel, and Lorelai sadly look at the damage. (A Tale of Poes and Fire)

Trix insists on going to the Inn for dinner. Emily eats ever so slowly. (That'll Do Pig)

Luke tries to back out of the talk at the school. Lorelai tries to confuse him by singing Louie Armstrong (One's Got Class and the Other one Dyes)

Michel and Lorelai are entertained as Sookie and Jackson argue about brussel sprouts. It ends in a hug and an I Love You. (I Solemnly Swear)

Time to start voting!  Start out voting against three.

1.  Sookie picks through all the peaches and finally rolls one on the floor. "They're rolling differently, too."  Jackson is not amused. (The Lorelai's First Day at Chilton)

2.  Michel ignores the phone.  "People are particularly stupid today, I can't talk to anymore of them."  (Pilot)

3.  Lorelai has to  solve problems for the Twins' wedding. "Do you have children?" "A daughter." "Do you hate her?" "I wasn't wildly fond of her during labor." (Kill Me Now)

4.  Lorelai asks Drella to play more quietly.  "Hey, do I look like I got Panasonic stamped on my ass?" (TLFDAC)

5.  Emily comes to the Inn and meets Michel for the first time.  "What a charming man."  "Uh, okay."  (Emily in Wonderland)

6.  Rory asks Sookie for rocky road cookies, even though she hates them.  "Cookies for the love and the Dean and the cookies . . ."  (Love & War & Snow)

7.  The montage, in the Pilot, of Sookie's sous chefs trying to keep her from killing herself. (Pilot)

8.  Emily and Lorelai in the mother-daughter fashion show.  Girls just wanna have fun.  (Like Mother, Like Daughter)

9.  Michel tries to welcome the Hungarians but instead tells them their country is full of ugly people.  They throw breadsticks and butter pats.  Michel raids the petty cash drawer.  "All we have to do is pay the ransom and they will give us the busboy back."  (That'll Do, Pig)

10.  Michel give the staff member a hard time with the Christmas tree. "Now switch the elf with the fairy." "Which one is the fairy?" (Forgiveness and Stuff)

11.  Sookie and Jackson argue over squash blossoms vs. zucchini tushes.  "You want me to serve my customers a genetically engineered vegetable that's named after a butt?"  (Paris is Burning)

12.  Jackson drops off squash blossoms.  "All large enough for you to stuff and fry up and serve to the desensitize masses who just want what they know. Hurrah!! Mediocrity wins again!!"  Sookie asks if he'd like to have dinner sometime . . . with her.  (Paris is Burning)

13.  The Bracebridge group has to cancel because of the weather, so Stars Hollow comes to the Inn for dinner.  There's peacock pie and horse-drawn sleighs and everything is magical.  (Bracebridge Dinner)

14.  Emily takes a tour of the Inn with Rory but gets upset when she see the Potting Shed where Lorelai raised Rory.  "You would've lived in the gutter, in the street, it a cardboard box, anywhere as long as you didn't have to be near us, isn't that true?"  (Emily in Wonderland)

15.  Michel has ennui. Lorelai brings him to the kitchen and discovers that Sookie has ennui too.  She's cured when she realizes the opposite of ennui is off-ui.  (Love, Daisies, and Troubadours)

16.  Max has 1000 yellow daisies delivered to the inn. Her proposes over the phone.  "I don't want an answer now. I've thought about this. I want you to do the same. I love you, Lorelai Gilmore. And I know this to be true."  (Love, Daisies, and Troubadours)

17.  Lorelai tells Sookie she is getting married. Sookie gets teary and calls her a Sadie. Jackson gets the 'my girlfriend wants me to get married' face and leaves in a panic.  "Hey, next time he's here, tell him that you're pregnant." "With twins!"  (Sadie, Sadie)

18.  Sookie tries to get Michel to pick a cookie for Lorelai's engagement party. If he does he can't have his Boca Burger. Lorelai goes in the kitchen and discovers that Sookie is throwing her an engagement party. "Is there any pink icing left on the planet?" (Hammers and Veils)

19.  Mia comes to visit and teases Michel that she doesn't understand a word he says.  "He says that he's never liked you and that you're a problem."  (The Ins and Outs of Inns)

20.  Emily wanted to meet the woman that help raise her daughter. She asks Mia if she has any pictures of Lorelai and Rory, from back then.  "I'll send you a box full tomorrow."  (Inns and Outs of Inns)

21.  Michel insists he can only have 12 blueberries in his pancakes, but won't swear on Destiny's Child that he won't count them.  "Pick another group!"  (Run Away, Little Boy)

22.  Richard visits the Inn and gives Lorelai unwanted advice.  "These people have to respect you." (Richard in Stars Hollow)

23.  Emily taste tests soup for her DAR meeting.  She finds out Sookie is getting married and jumps in to help her plan.  There are midgets and paper mache mushrooms and acrobats.  (Dead Uncles and Vegetables)

24.  Luke calls to ask about rooms for the funeral.  Michel is a putz.  Lorelai will help in any way she can. (DUAV)

25.  Michel's mom comes to visit. They enjoy each other's company, until Lorelai gets involved.  "You turned my Giselle into a mother, and I hate you for it!" (Back in the Saddle Again)

26.  Lorelai comes into the kitchen for snacks and finds a panicked Sookie in her wedding dress, getting ready to tear apart her wedding cake.  "Step away from all things edible." (I Can't Get Started)

27.  Rory kisses Jess and tells him not to say a word. Chris finds out Sherry is pregnant and tells Lorelai he's leaving. The girls are both a little dumbstruck as they get ready to walk down the aisle for Sookie's wedding.  (I Can't Get Started)

28.  There's a fire at the Independence Inn. Sookie, Michel, and Lorelai sadly take in the damage. (A Tale of Poes and Fire)

29.  Trix insists on going to the Inn for dinner. Emily eats ever so slowly. "You had twelve minutes!"  (That'll Do Pig)

30.  Luke tries to back out of the talk at the school. Lorelai tries to confuse him by singing Louie Armstrong.  "Have you been diagnosed?" (One's Got Class and the Other one Dyes)

31.  Michel and Lorelai are entertained as Sookie and Jackson argue about brussel sprouts. Sookie's dinner is out standing on a ledge. It ends in a hug and an I Love You. (I Solemnly Swear)

32.  Michel and Tobin's birthday gift battle for Lorelai's affection.  "Well, this is wonderful, to smell like a dead guy. You’ll have to beat them off with a stick."  (Happy Birthday, Baby)

Edited by Taryn74

10, 16, 22 are our first casualties! Still voting against three.

1.  Sookie picks through all the peaches and finally rolls one on the floor. "They're rolling differently, too."  Jackson is not amused. (The Lorelai's First Day at Chilton)

2.  Michel ignores the phone.  "People are particularly stupid today, I can't talk to anymore of them."  (Pilot)

3.  Lorelai has to  solve problems for the Twins' wedding. "Do you have children?" "A daughter." "Do you hate her?" "I wasn't wildly fond of her during labor." (Kill Me Now)

4.  Lorelai asks Drella to play more quietly.  "Hey, do I look like I got Panasonic stamped on my ass?" (TLFDAC)

5.  Emily comes to the Inn and meets Michel for the first time.  "What a charming man."  "Uh, okay."  (Emily in Wonderland)

6.  Rory asks Sookie for rocky road cookies, even though she hates them.  "Cookies for the love and the Dean and the cookies . . ."  (Love & War & Snow)

7.  The montage, in the Pilot, of Sookie's sous chefs trying to keep her from killing herself. (Pilot)

8.  Emily and Lorelai in the mother-daughter fashion show.  Girls just wanna have fun.  (Like Mother, Like Daughter)

9.  Michel tries to welcome the Hungarians but instead tells them their country is full of ugly people.  They throw breadsticks and butter pats.  Michel raids the petty cash drawer.  "All we have to do is pay the ransom and they will give us the busboy back."  (That'll Do, Pig)

11.  Sookie and Jackson argue over squash blossoms vs. zucchini tushes.  "You want me to serve my customers a genetically engineered vegetable that's named after a butt?"  (Paris is Burning)

12.  Jackson drops off squash blossoms.  "All large enough for you to stuff and fry up and serve to the desensitize masses who just want what they know. Hurrah!! Mediocrity wins again!!"  Sookie asks if he'd like to have dinner sometime . . . with her.  (Paris is Burning)

13.  The Bracebridge group has to cancel because of the weather, so Stars Hollow comes to the Inn for dinner.  There's peacock pie and horse-drawn sleighs and everything is magical.  (Bracebridge Dinner)

14.  Emily takes a tour of the Inn with Rory but gets upset when she see the Potting Shed where Lorelai raised Rory.  "You would've lived in the gutter, in the street, it a cardboard box, anywhere as long as you didn't have to be near us, isn't that true?"  (Emily in Wonderland)

15.  Michel has ennui. Lorelai brings him to the kitchen and discovers that Sookie has ennui too.  She's cured when she realizes the opposite of ennui is off-ui.  (Love, Daisies, and Troubadours)

17.  Lorelai tells Sookie she is getting married. Sookie gets teary and calls her a Sadie. Jackson gets the 'my girlfriend wants me to get married' face and leaves in a panic.  "Hey, next time he's here, tell him that you're pregnant." "With twins!"  (Sadie, Sadie)

18.  Sookie tries to get Michel to pick a cookie for Lorelai's engagement party. If he does he can't have his Boca Burger. Lorelai goes in the kitchen and discovers that Sookie is throwing her an engagement party. "Is there any pink icing left on the planet?" (Hammers and Veils)

19.  Mia comes to visit and teases Michel that she doesn't understand a word he says.  "He says that he's never liked you and that you're a problem."  (The Ins and Outs of Inns)

20.  Emily wanted to meet the woman that help raise her daughter. She asks Mia if she has any pictures of Lorelai and Rory, from back then.  "I'll send you a box full tomorrow."  (Inns and Outs of Inns)

21.  Michel insists he can only have 12 blueberries in his pancakes, but won't swear on Destiny's Child that he won't count them.  "Pick another group!"  (Run Away, Little Boy)

23.  Emily taste tests soup for her DAR meeting.  She finds out Sookie is getting married and jumps in to help her plan.  There are midgets and paper mache mushrooms and acrobats.  (Dead Uncles and Vegetables)

24.  Luke calls to ask about rooms for the funeral.  Michel is a putz.  Lorelai will help in any way she can. (DUAV)

25.  Michel's mom comes to visit. They enjoy each other's company, until Lorelai gets involved.  "You turned my Giselle into a mother, and I hate you for it!" (Back in the Saddle Again)

26.  Lorelai comes into the kitchen for snacks and finds a panicked Sookie in her wedding dress, getting ready to tear apart her wedding cake.  "Step away from all things edible." (I Can't Get Started)

27.  Rory kisses Jess and tells him not to say a word. Chris finds out Sherry is pregnant and tells Lorelai he's leaving. The girls are both a little dumbstruck as they get ready to walk down the aisle for Sookie's wedding.  (I Can't Get Started)

28.  There's a fire at the Independence Inn. Sookie, Michel, and Lorelai sadly take in the damage. (A Tale of Poes and Fire)

29.  Trix insists on going to the Inn for dinner. Emily eats ever so slowly. "You had twelve minutes!"  (That'll Do Pig)

30.  Luke tries to back out of the talk at the school. Lorelai tries to confuse him by singing Louie Armstrong.  "Have you been diagnosed?" (One's Got Class and the Other one Dyes)

31.  Michel and Lorelai are entertained as Sookie and Jackson argue about brussel sprouts. Sookie's dinner is out standing on a ledge. It ends in a hug and an I Love You. (I Solemnly Swear)

32.  Michel and Tobin's birthday gift battle for Lorelai's affection.  "Well, this is wonderful, to smell like a dead guy. You’ll have to beat them off with a stick."  (Happy Birthday, Baby)

4, 15, 27 are the next to go. Continue to vote against three.

Independence Inn scenes

6, 18, 32 gone!  Not at all sorry to see the HBB scene go, have I ever mentioned my irrational hatred of Tobin?  LOL.

Still voting against three for now.

Independence Inn scenes

4 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

1, 11, 31

PS I share the irrational hatred of Tobin. In every scene. In every episode.

To me, Tobin is very irritating, but I like his episodes because of Michel.  Michel muttering things like "I'm being punked, I know I'm being punked" always make me laugh. :)

2 hours ago, deaja said:

To me, Tobin is very irritating, but I like his episodes because of Michel.  Michel muttering things like "I'm being punked, I know I'm being punked" always make me laugh. :)

Totally agree. "Oh, and this is great, to smell like a dead guy", "Get off my side immediately"!?

35 minutes ago, deaja said:

I mean, without Tobin, Michel would have never rolled Truman under the bed. ;)

There is that but I have never been able to tolerate simpering and Tobin just went to the extreme extreme with that.

• Love 1

Ha ha ha yes, Michel's reactions TO Tobin are funny.  I just can't stand Tobin himself.  

4 hours ago, Kohola3 said:

I have never been able to tolerate simpering and Tobin just went to the extreme extreme with that.

Lord, yes.  And I also hate the way Lorelai and Sookie acted around him.  They became these weird vapid caricatures of themselves.

• Love 1
29 minutes ago, Taryn74 said:

They became these weird vapid caricatures of themselves.

He normally would have been a prime target for their snarking.  Instead they acted like he was their BFF.  Just senseless.

• Love 1

LMAO.  Oh, this game.  We were 12 episodes in before something got more than one vote.  But we managed to emerge with at least a couple of clear eliminations so my number of tie-breaking choices was quite reasonable.  5, 9, and 31 are out!  Voting against three.

Independence Inn scenes

Aw man, we're saying goodbye to one of my favorite completely random, but ridiculously stupid and hilarious Lorelai/Luke moments ("I'll be coming 'round the diner, singing soooonnnggs").  I'm laughing right now just thinking about it.

3, 25, 30 are gone!  Voting against three still.

Independence Inn scenes

1 hour ago, Taryn74 said:

Aw man, we're saying goodbye to one of my favorite completely random, but ridiculously stupid and hilarious Lorelai/Luke moments ("I'll be coming 'round the diner, singing soooonnnggs").  I'm laughing right now just thinking about it.

I totally agree. I love that scene.

1, 11, 21

• Love 1