Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

I needed something to watch as I was doing my stationary bike and I thought why not choose the winner of our last game? Dead Uncles and Vegetables is still wonderful. (and on a superficial note, SP was smoking hot.)

• Love 3

9, 13, 33 out! Continue to vote against three.

Diner Scenes

1.  Luke and Lorelai prep the diner for a paint job, and Luke talks about his father and shows Lorelai the spot where he took an order ..'Let's not spruce this particular spot'-TDDR

2.  Rory goes to Luke's in the aftermath of the car accident, and gets there just as he's returning from his fishing trip. He invites her in and they talk about Jess: 'Luke, it wasn't his fault', 'I know it wasn't'-Help Wanted

3.  Luke hires Lane and she begins to work at the diner: 'When it was slow she cleaned the menus... without being asked', 'I don't even know why she took the job, I totally blew the interview'-The Nanny and The Professor

4.  Taylor comes into the diner trying to get Luke to offer a testimonial for his proposed change to a sewer system, Luke refuses, and the typical Luke/Taylor banter ensues. Meanwhile, Luke is purposely giving customers fake WiFi passwords as they keep asking. Suddenly Taylor snaps, goes on a Luke-like rant about WiFi, and leaves. Luke follows him out and tells him he'll help him. Snow starts to fall as they wave goodbye to each other-The Revival, Winter

5.  Lorelai comes into the diner, even though she and Luke haven't been speaking to each other, because she needs a friend to talk to.  She is sad that Sherry is going to get to do all the couple-y things with Chris instead of her.  Luke gives her a donut to take home in her purse.  "Come again, Mimi."  (LHCD)

7.  Lorelai's 'casual Wednesday' date brings his parents to Stars Hollow and run into Lorelai at the diner.  Rory and Luke are surprised by his age. "He must have been a very good boy to deserve such a happy day. I bet they let him ride a pony."  (Run Away, Little Boy)

10.  Lorelai helps Luke throw April a birthday party.  They watch Pretty In Pink.  "All right, girls, um, you're about to meet someone very special to me. Her name is Molly Ringwald."  (SCPP)

11.  Luke makes Lorelai a Santa Burger because she's sad about being uninvited to Christmas dinner.  "You wanted something festive."  (F&S)

12.  Paris interrogates Luke about the seedy underbelly of SH.  "Reverend Nichols, huh? What is that, like Dr. Feelgood?"  (RiSH)

14.  Michel meets Lorelai at the diner to discuss a designer for the Inn.  She offers to take him somewhere else for lunch, but it's his 'crazy day'.  He wants to know about Luke's chocolate cake.  (TFTA)

15.  Sookie takes over the diner when the Inn burns down.  She and Luke accidentally create Cajun Eggs Benedict when he knocks cayenne pepper into her hollandaise sauce.  "We can win the Nobel here."  (ATOPAF)

16.  Luke and Taylor are arguing over Thanksgiving decorations, Rory and Lorelai cannot get Luke's attention. Rory announces that Lorelai is not wearing underwear, nobody reacts.  The girls get their own muffins and leave, Luke comments about a lack of tip. "Here's a tip, serve your customers!" "Here's another, don't sit on any cold benches." (Kiss and Tell)

17.  Taylor brings the Scouts in. Luke is annoyed and says their 'survival skills course' was them sitting under a tree gluing rocks together. Liz calls. Luke asks Lorelai if she has a sister. One of the Scouts does.  "You have my sympathies." "Thanks, I appreciate that." (N&N, S&N)

18.  "How many cups of coffee have you had?" "None." "Plus?" "Five. But yours is better." "Junkie." "Angel. You've got wings, Baby." (Pilot)

19.  Lorelai and Luke watch the rehearsal for the Christmas procession. Lorelai gives Luke the blue hat. "Looks good on you."  "Good how?"  (F&S)

20.  The townies all show up and share stories about Uncle Louie. "Don’t you have wakes for people you like?" "I think it might be for you."  (DUAV)

21.  Lorelai and Rory run the diner while Luke takes care of funeral arrangements. Lorelai makes up diner talk. Kirk wants his coffee a quarter-caff. Lorelai four/fourths doesn't care.  (DUAV)

22.  Luke hires Brennon to help out in the diner.  Customers complain because he's gross.  He gives Kirk a butt napkin. "Have you heard about the frog, the hands, and the sandwich?" "No, but I heard about the rabbi, the priest, and the duck." (TKBNO)

23.  Lorelai and Sookie have their 'war room' in the diner. "You cannot gather here." "You like my hair like this?" "Yes, and you cannot gather here." "Wow, sleeping with you is getting me nothing." (Tippecanoe and Taylor, Too)

24.  Lorelai and Rory find Jess sleeping in his freezing car outside of the diner. Lorelai goes in to talk to Luke about it. He gripes about families and how much trouble they are. "I'm sorry you're so upset. I just don't want you to have to deal with the frozen carcass in the morning."  (A Family Matter)

25.  Luke tells Lorelai her jeans are really working for her. "They're working for me, too."  (Written in the Stars)

26.  Emily comes into the diner and tells Luke to make up with Lorelai. "She wants you, Luke. She’s made her choice, G-d help her, but there it is. It doesn’t matter if I agree with it, I can’t fight it. You’ve won. Go back to her. I promise I will stay out of it."  (So…Good Talk)

27.  Emily storms in the diner, assuming that Luke and Lorelai have not made up since Lorelai still is not speaking to her. Luke calls Lorelai, who comes to his rescue. "Well, I gotta say, suddenly a big fan of speed-dial." (Pulp Fiction)

29.  The girls unload the bags of crap Emily bought them a3nd fight over the only free item. They serve themselves coffee and pie. Lorelai gives Luke a rosebud.  (Scene in a Mall)

30.  Kirk loves the blackened Cajun bread Luke served him and takes a plate of unidentified breakfast food after customers leave without eating.  (So…Good Talk)

31.  Lorelai announces to the town that she and Luke slept together by going for coffee wearing nothing but Luke’s shirt. "You wear crazy outfits all the time." "They usually include pants."  (Written in the Stars)

32.  Jess wears a flannel shirt and backwards baseball cap to work after Luke complains about his clothes. "I thought this was the uniform." (PLG)

34.  Kirk is selling t-shirts he printed.  Babette Ate Oatmeal.  Faux Poes Foes.  (ATOPAF)  (My daughter has one of the Faux Poes Foes shirts, btw.  She loves it.)

35.  Luke finds out Rory got into Harvard, Princeton, and Yale.  He sort of awkwardly puts her in a headlock. "I'm not good at hugging."  (ATOPAF)

36.  Kirk sneaks Lulu's dog into the diner in a man purse. He lies that he's looking for his Lucky magazine. The dog bites him. "Ow! . . . Paper cut." (Scene in a Mall)

37.  The girls chat while Luke walks around working in the background. All is right in our little corner of the world. (Pilot, Bon Voyage)

38.  Lorelai comes in and asks Luke to come out to her engagement party. "It's a really big night for me tonight, and I don't know, it just feels like you should be there."  (Hammers & Veils)

39.  Taylor arguing with the Rabbi and Reverend about letting The Town Loner do his demonstration on the church steps. "Do you have a God phone, Taylor?"  (Take the Deviled Eggs)

40.  Tom's doing construction on the diner. Jess brings Rory an umbrella to protect her from the falling sheetrock. "Oh, you are really funny. You and Tom should put an act together . . . I'd leave it open."  (There's The Rub)

10, 35, and, sadly, 2 are out this round. Continue to vote against three.

Diner Scenes

1.  Luke and Lorelai prep the diner for a paint job, and Luke talks about his father and shows Lorelai the spot where he took an order ..'Let's not spruce this particular spot'-TDDR

3.  Luke hires Lane and she begins to work at the diner: 'When it was slow she cleaned the menus... without being asked', 'I don't even know why she took the job, I totally blew the interview'-The Nanny and The Professor

4.  Taylor comes into the diner trying to get Luke to offer a testimonial for his proposed change to a sewer system, Luke refuses, and the typical Luke/Taylor banter ensues. Meanwhile, Luke is purposely giving customers fake WiFi passwords as they keep asking. Suddenly Taylor snaps, goes on a Luke-like rant about WiFi, and leaves. Luke follows him out and tells him he'll help him. Snow starts to fall as they wave goodbye to each other-The Revival, Winter

5.  Lorelai comes into the diner, even though she and Luke haven't been speaking to each other, because she needs a friend to talk to.  She is sad that Sherry is going to get to do all the couple-y things with Chris instead of her.  Luke gives her a donut to take home in her purse.  "Come again, Mimi."  (LHCD)

7.  Lorelai's 'casual Wednesday' date brings his parents to Stars Hollow and run into Lorelai at the diner.  Rory and Luke are surprised by his age. "He must have been a very good boy to deserve such a happy day. I bet they let him ride a pony."  (Run Away, Little Boy)

11.  Luke makes Lorelai a Santa Burger because she's sad about being uninvited to Christmas dinner.  "You wanted something festive."  (F&S)

12.  Paris interrogates Luke about the seedy underbelly of SH.  "Reverend Nichols, huh? What is that, like Dr. Feelgood?"  (RiSH)

14.  Michel meets Lorelai at the diner to discuss a designer for the Inn.  She offers to take him somewhere else for lunch, but it's his 'crazy day'.  He wants to know about Luke's chocolate cake.  (TFTA)

15.  Sookie takes over the diner when the Inn burns down.  She and Luke accidentally create Cajun Eggs Benedict when he knocks cayenne pepper into her hollandaise sauce.  "We can win the Nobel here."  (ATOPAF)

16.  Luke and Taylor are arguing over Thanksgiving decorations, Rory and Lorelai cannot get Luke's attention. Rory announces that Lorelai is not wearing underwear, nobody reacts.  The girls get their own muffins and leave, Luke comments about a lack of tip. "Here's a tip, serve your customers!" "Here's another, don't sit on any cold benches." (Kiss and Tell)

17.  Taylor brings the Scouts in. Luke is annoyed and says their 'survival skills course' was them sitting under a tree gluing rocks together. Liz calls. Luke asks Lorelai if she has a sister. One of the Scouts does.  "You have my sympathies." "Thanks, I appreciate that." (N&N, S&N)

18.  "How many cups of coffee have you had?" "None." "Plus?" "Five. But yours is better." "Junkie." "Angel. You've got wings, Baby." (Pilot)

19.  Lorelai and Luke watch the rehearsal for the Christmas procession. Lorelai gives Luke the blue hat. "Looks good on you."  "Good how?"  (F&S)

20.  The townies all show up and share stories about Uncle Louie. "Don’t you have wakes for people you like?" "I think it might be for you."  (DUAV)

21.  Lorelai and Rory run the diner while Luke takes care of funeral arrangements. Lorelai makes up diner talk. Kirk wants his coffee a quarter-caff. Lorelai four/fourths doesn't care.  (DUAV)

22.  Luke hires Brennon to help out in the diner.  Customers complain because he's gross.  He gives Kirk a butt napkin. "Have you heard about the frog, the hands, and the sandwich?" "No, but I heard about the rabbi, the priest, and the duck." (TKBNO)

23.  Lorelai and Sookie have their 'war room' in the diner. "You cannot gather here." "You like my hair like this?" "Yes, and you cannot gather here." "Wow, sleeping with you is getting me nothing." (Tippecanoe and Taylor, Too)

24.  Lorelai and Rory find Jess sleeping in his freezing car outside of the diner. Lorelai goes in to talk to Luke about it. He gripes about families and how much trouble they are. "I'm sorry you're so upset. I just don't want you to have to deal with the frozen carcass in the morning."  (A Family Matter)

25.  Luke tells Lorelai her jeans are really working for her. "They're working for me, too."  (Written in the Stars)

26.  Emily comes into the diner and tells Luke to make up with Lorelai. "She wants you, Luke. She’s made her choice, G-d help her, but there it is. It doesn’t matter if I agree with it, I can’t fight it. You’ve won. Go back to her. I promise I will stay out of it."  (So…Good Talk)

27.  Emily storms in the diner, assuming that Luke and Lorelai have not made up since Lorelai still is not speaking to her. Luke calls Lorelai, who comes to his rescue. "Well, I gotta say, suddenly a big fan of speed-dial." (Pulp Fiction)

29.  The girls unload the bags of crap Emily bought them a3nd fight over the only free item. They serve themselves coffee and pie. Lorelai gives Luke a rosebud.  (Scene in a Mall)

30.  Kirk loves the blackened Cajun bread Luke served him and takes a plate of unidentified breakfast food after customers leave without eating.  (So…Good Talk)

31.  Lorelai announces to the town that she and Luke slept together by going for coffee wearing nothing but Luke’s shirt. "You wear crazy outfits all the time." "They usually include pants."  (Written in the Stars)

32.  Jess wears a flannel shirt and backwards baseball cap to work after Luke complains about his clothes. "I thought this was the uniform." (PLG)

34.  Kirk is selling t-shirts he printed.  Babette Ate Oatmeal.  Faux Poes Foes.  (ATOPAF)  (My daughter has one of the Faux Poes Foes shirts, btw.  She loves it.)

36.  Kirk sneaks Lulu's dog into the diner in a man purse. He lies that he's looking for his Lucky magazine. The dog bites him. "Ow! . . . Paper cut." (Scene in a Mall)

37.  The girls chat while Luke walks around working in the background. All is right in our little corner of the world. (Pilot, Bon Voyage)

38.  Lorelai comes in and asks Luke to come out to her engagement party. "It's a really big night for me tonight, and I don't know, it just feels like you should be there."  (Hammers & Veils)

39.  Taylor arguing with the Rabbi and Reverend about letting The Town Loner do his demonstration on the church steps. "Do you have a God phone, Taylor?"  (Take the Deviled Eggs)

40.  Tom's doing construction on the diner. Jess brings Rory an umbrella to protect her from the falling sheetrock. "Oh, you are really funny. You and Tom should put an act together . . . I'd leave it open."  (There's The Rub)

7, 14, 29 gone! Still voting against three.

Diner Scenes

17, 30, 38 gone. Still voting against three.

Diner Scenes

I don't know how many posters here are holdovers from TWOP days, but I know some of you are. Some terrible person on the West Wing forums who apparently wants me to get fired from my job for spending too much time reading archived forums on the internet posted the link to the old TWOP forums (preserved by internet magic.... I'm not really sure).  Anyway, back before I had any idea what Gilmore Girls was about other than vague notions, there was an episode elimination game similar to what we recently finished.  Third place went to Luke Can See Her Face, second to Last Week Fights, This Week Tights, and first place to Forgiveness and Stuff.

Whether it is some same posters or just quality episodes, I found it interesting that opinions hadn't changed that much over the years.  (That was 2006, for reference!)

I'm from TWoP. I started posting over there the summer after Season 4. Seeing Forgiveness and Stuff winning back then is awesome. (It's in my top three) Hmmm, I wonder if I participated? My screen name here was 'born' on TWoP.

Edited by lulu1960

I was all over the TWoP forums too!  Same name, and I think I must have started just a little bit after lulu, as that was around the time I started watching GG.  (I can remember trying to remain unspoiled for S5, which was airing in Prime Time, while I got caught up on S1 - S4 on ABCFamily.  Good times.)

• Love 1

LOVED TWoP and have been spending way too much of my time reading the West Wing recaps after I saw the link posted!  I don't think I followed GG back then, though. Good times, good times....

1 hour ago, Taryn74 said:

I was all over the TWoP forums too!  Same name, and I think I must have started just a little bit after lulu, as that was around the time I started watching GG.  (I can remember trying to remain unspoiled for S5, which was airing in Prime Time, while I got caught up on S1 - S4 on ABCFamily.  Good times.)

Ha! I did the same thing. First ever episode I watched was R&R. Then in the summer I watched Seasons 1-3 on ABC Family and then luckily the WB re-ran Season 4 again before the Sept premiere of Season 5. I binged watched before it was a thing. LOL.

3 hours ago, deaja said:

I don't know how many posters here are holdovers from TWOP days, but I know some of you are. Some terrible person on the West Wing forums who apparently wants me to get fired from my job for spending too much time reading archived forums on the internet posted the link to the old TWOP forums (preserved by internet magic.... I'm not really sure).  Anyway, back before I had any idea what Gilmore Girls was about other than vague notions, there was an episode elimination game similar to what we recently finished.  Third place went to Luke Can See Her Face, second to Last Week Fights, This Week Tights, and first place to Forgiveness and Stuff.

Whether it is some same posters or just quality episodes, I found it interesting that opinions hadn't changed that much over the years.  (That was 2006, for reference!)

Deaja, do you have that link? 

• Love 1
36 minutes ago, Kohola3 said:

Here is the TWoP link to all kinds of goodies you may have already forgotten!

Bless you, child!  I've been wanting to re-read the X-Files recaps for so long.  (GG recaps, not so much, but that's another matter. ;) )

• Love 1

4, 27, 39 gone! Still three.

Diner Scenes

1 minute ago, Kohola3 said:

Lulu1960, I pasted that link above.  Enjoy the reading....

15, 18, 34

Yeah. I saw that and thank you. Is that just for the recaps? Is there any way to see the actual threads?