Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

The 4's have it.

Time to vote FOR the one you want to WIN!!

Favorite Episode End Scenes, All Seasons

6.  Dead Uncles and Vegetables -- Luke's. The Townies gather after Louie's funeral to eat and share stories. "Don’t you have wakes for people you like?" "I think it might be for you."

21.  Bon Voyage -- Luke's. Rory and Lorelai talk about Rory's new job while Luke cooks them breakfast. We could hide away, in our little corner of the world....

We have our winner!  Our Favorite Episode End Scene for the entire series is.....

Dead Uncles and Vegetables -- Luke's. The Townies gather after Louie's funeral to eat and share stories. "Don’t you have wakes for people you like?" "I think it might be for you."

I can get behind that!  :)

So, what are we going to do next?  Here are the ideas I still have jotted down -

Lies (little white lies and other non-anger-inducing lies only, please)

Drinking/drunk

One-liners

Pop culture references

Most hated eps

Favorite couples (or maybe favorite couple scenes? I just have the word 'couples' written down LOL)

Gifts

Best/worst parenting moments

Not to make the choices even harder, but I thought of this awhile back and wanted to add it to the list. How about parties/celebrations? So like birthdays, weddings, baby showers, etc. 

I'm kind of interested in best/worst parenting moments right now. 

• Love 1

Well nobody else spoke up so we're doing best & worst parenting moments!  I think we'll split it up into two games.  So, everyone start naming your favorite BEST PARENTING MOMENT.

I'll start us off -

1.  Lorelai insists that Rory do-over entering her dorm room at Yale for the first time so she'll be 'in the moment'.  "You mentioned thoughts in here?" "Mm, all the great ones you're gonna have." "And air freshener?" "That, too."

Favorite Best Parenting Moments

1.  Lorelai insists that Rory do-over entering her dorm room at Yale for the first time so she'll be 'in the moment'.  "You mentioned thoughts in here?" "Mm, all the great ones you're gonna have." "And air freshener?" "That, too."

2.  Lorelai saved the Dean Box despite Rory insisting it be thrown away.  "Okay, I know I was supposed to throw it away, but I couldn't. I mean, you're young and your head's all weird, and you don't have any perspective because of that whole young weird headed thing, so just please listen to me before you get mad. You're gonna want that stuff one day, when you're old and married, and looking back and thinking, I certainly had an interesting life. And then you can pull out all your old boyfriend boxes. Which is good, because I threw away stuff I'd kill to have today. Look, I put it in with the Max box so they could chat and keep each other company and commiserate about how they had Gilmore girl and lost a Gilmore girl and . . . sorry."

3.  Lorelai has thrown her back out getting Rory's dress ready, so Emily stays over to take care of her.  "That is a mashed banana on toast." "Okay." "I used to make this for you all the time when you were a little girl." "You did?" "Yes, whenever you got sick I made this." "Are you sure it wasn't the other way around?"

4.  Luke gives Jess his self-help books and tapes.  "Here. I'm done with them. Enjoy."

5.  Lorelai talks to Rory about choosing between Dean and Jess after they've both had a chance to calm down from their fight.  "Okay, see, that was not how that whole scene between us was supposed to go." "No?" "No. I mean, yes, I was surprised and I do think the basic sentiment of ‘make up your mind’ was kind of called for."

6.  Jess gets ready to head back to New York after Liz's wedding.  "I appreciate it...everything -- the money, living here." "Well, it's good to hear, but I kind of knew that." "Yeah, but, in a relationship -- any relationship -- it's important to let the other person know you appreciate them so you don't create barriers that delay any hope for reciprocation." "I think I read that somewhere." "Yeah?" "You're hoping for reciprocation? You got it. I'm here, Jess. I'm always here."

7.  Mrs. Kim tries to prepare Lane for the wedding night.  "You will then be expected to share a bed tonight, and when you’re in that bed you're expected to…" "Mama, please." "You're going to have to do it with this boy, Lane. You're just going to have to do it."

8.  Richard catches Lorelai climbing out of the window to escape her boring FND date.  "Emily, she's not up here!"

Edited by Taryn74

Love this idea!

-Lorelai talks to Rory about the Harvard dream and tells her she doesn't have to do it/ go to Chilton for Lorelai's sake after her freak out in Deer Hunters-"Maybe this whole time I'm thinking it's all for Rory when really it's all for Lorelai...I just want you to be happy"

-Lorelai insists that Rory still go to Chilton after she's met Dean "Guys are always going to be there. This school is more important, it has to be more important"

-Lorelai talks to Rory about her difficulty saying I love you to Dean " I love that you have my eyes and my coffee addiction, my taste in music and movies. But when it comes to love and relationships, I don't want you to necessarily be like me"

-Lorelai proves she's not just a "cool mom" when Madeline and Louise skip out on the Bangles concert "I leave the house w/four girls, I'm coming home w/four girls", giving Paris the best night of her life

-Lorelai decorates Rory's room w/Yale paraphernalia when it's clear that this is where Rory wants to go but she's having difficulty letting go of the Harvard idea

-Emily does a 180 on her previous pushing that Lorelai talk to Christopher and kicks him out of the house when she sees how upset Lorelai is after he crashes dinner in Haunted Leg

-Mrs Kim tells Lane that she's going home to put her earplugs in and won't be able to hear anything for the rest of her reception

-Luke encourages April about moving to Arizona when she sneaks over to visit him even though he himself is upset about it and is in the middle of the custody battle w/Anna "I bet they have great swim teams.."

-This one might be controversial and I totally get it if others don't agree but-Luke insists that Jess repeat his senior year and when he refuses he tells him he can't live w/him anymore-I know this is a hard line, but I think that these hard boundaries, and Luke, were exactly what Jess needed and in the long run it was the right thing to do.

• Love 1

Mrs. Kim says that if Lane wants to live at home, it will be following the rules.

Mrs. Kim goes to visit the apartments, You. Are. Both. Girls. Yes. You are girls.

When Lane is heartbroken after her breakup with Zach and Mrs. Kim boards up the house and pulls out the secret stash of booze. They do shots and wallow for another minute and then Mrs. Kim basically says, "OK, time to move forward."

Mrs. Kim steps up to arrange the Hep Alien tour.

Love Mrs. Kim....

• Love 3

Anyone have any more they want to add?

2.  Lorelai saved the Dean Box despite Rory insisting it be thrown away.  "Okay, I know I was supposed to throw it away, but I couldn't. I mean, you're young and your head's all weird, and you don't have any perspective because of that whole young weird headed thing, so just please listen to me before you get mad. You're gonna want that stuff one day, when you're old and married, and looking back and thinking, I certainly had an interesting life. And then you can pull out all your old boyfriend boxes. Which is good, because I threw away stuff I'd kill to have today. Look, I put it in with the Max box so they could chat and keep each other company and commiserate about how they had Gilmore girl and lost a Gilmore girl and . . . sorry."

3.  Lorelai has thrown her back out getting Rory's dress ready, so Emily stays over to take care of her.  "That is a mashed banana on toast." "Okay." "I used to make this for you all the time when you were a little girl." "You did?" "Yes, whenever you got sick I made this." "Are you sure it wasn't the other way around?"

4.  Luke gives Jess his self-help books and tapes.  "Here. I'm done with them. Enjoy."

5.  Lorelai talks to Rory about choosing between Dean and Jess after they've both had a chance to calm down from their fight.  "Okay, see, that was not how that whole scene between us was supposed to go." "No?" "No. I mean, yes, I was surprised and I do think the basic sentiment of ‘make up your mind’ was kind of called for."

6.  Jess gets ready to head back to New York after Liz's wedding.  "I appreciate it...everything -- the money, living here." "Well, it's good to hear, but I kind of knew that." "Yeah, but, in a relationship -- any relationship -- it's important to let the other person know you appreciate them so you don't create barriers that delay any hope for reciprocation." "I think I read that somewhere." "Yeah?" "You're hoping for reciprocation? You got it. I'm here, Jess. I'm always here."

7.  Mrs. Kim tries to prepare Lane for the wedding night.  "You will then be expected to share a bed tonight, and when you’re in that bed you're expected to…" "Mama, please." "You're going to have to do it with this boy, Lane. You're just going to have to do it."

8.  Richard catches Lorelai climbing out of the window to escape her boring FND date.  "Emily, she's not up here!" "Thank you, Daddy."

9.  Lorelai makes sure Rory's dream of going to Harvard is really Rory's dream.  "I’m talking about -- did it start with me? Or did it start with you? Was it my dream that you go to Harvard? Because I never got to do the big fancy college thing?"

10.  Lorelai insists that Rory not drop out of Chilton just because she's met a boy.  "Don't get me wrong. Guys are great. I am a huge fan of guys. You don't get knocked up at sixteen being indifferent to guys. But, babe, guys are always going to be there. This school isn't. It's more important. It has to be more important."

11.  Lorelai talks with Rory about saying 'I love you' after she finds out that's why Dean and Rory broke up.  "You know, I'm still learning this stuff too and since I'm still learning, I think I haven't thought enough about what I'm supposed to be teaching you." "What are you talking about?" "I'm talking about my own personal lack of commitment skills. I mean, look, I love that you have my eyes and my coffee addiction and my taste in music and movies, but when it comes to love and relationships, I don't necessarily want you to be like me. I would hate to think that I raised a kid who couldn't say I love you."

12.  Lorelai and Sookie go knocking on doors until they find Madeline and Louise, who skipped out on the Bangles concert.  "Is there a problem?" "Yeah, see those two idiots over there? They’re 16 -- underage, and I bet you’re not. I also bet those big fancy party cups aren’t holding lemonade. You really want to end any further conversations with me, so step aside Skippy."

13.  Lorelai redecorates Rory's room with Yale paraphernalia.  "I know I'm the one who said no to Yale loudly and a lot, but not anymore. Really, I just want what's right." "I know, but it has to be right for both of us." "If it's right for you, it's really right for me."

14.  Emily asks Chris to leave the house when she sees how upset Lorelai is over him being there.  "You know, you need a mask and a horse when you do that."

15.  Mrs. Kim leaves after the wedding so Lane and Zach can have their fun, rock-n-roll reception.  "I'm going to wear earplugs tonight, the good ones that expand in your ears, so I won't be able to hear anything that might be going on out in the street at all hours of the night."

16.  Luke offers April encouragement about moving to Arizona (even though he's in the middle of a custody battle with Anna).  "You know what in hot climates, they actually have more swimming pools. I bet you a lot of kids there will be really into swimming."

17.  Luke insists that Jess hold up his end of the deal and graduate, or move out.  "I'm not playing with you here, Jess. You quit your job, you go to school." "I am not going back to school!" "So that's it?" "Yeah, that's it." "Then you gotta go."

18.  Mrs. Kim tells Lane that if she wants to live by her own rules, she will have to move out on her own.  "Children do not make the rules. You may . . . move out and live like that somewhere else."

19.  Mrs. Kim goes to visit Lane in the apartment she shares with Zach and Brian.  "This, we'll clean up. Window will be fixed. Temporary fridge. You two are girls. I'll have tea now."

20.  Mrs. Kim closes up the shop and covers all the windows so Lane can have a moment to wallow (with booze!) over her breakup with Zach.  "Lane, it's been six weeks since you come home. You have grieved, and now we move on."

21.  Mrs. Kim single-handedly arranges a tour for Hep Alien when they are in danger of breaking up.  "I need to see your songs." "Why?" "To see if you need to make any adjustments. Lyrics must be clean." "Okay, that’s where we draw the line. We will not change our lyrics." "Oh, please. Prince made fifty-seven million take home last year. He didn’t swear, and he mentioned God. Catch up."

22.  Emily admits she admires that Lorelai is independent and doesn't have to have a man in her life.  "I am kayak, hear me roar."

8 hours ago, Bumblebee Tights said:

This one might be controversial and I totally get it if others don't agree but-Luke insists that Jess repeat his senior year and when he refuses he tells him he can't live w/him anymore-I know this is a hard line, but I think that these hard boundaries, and Luke, were exactly what Jess needed and in the long run it was the right thing to do.

I totally agree!  It is HARD for a parent to stick to their guns and not be an enabler, but most of the time it's for the best.  I've always thought Luke made the right call there.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, Taryn74 said:

I totally agree!  It is HARD for a parent to stick to their guns and not be an enabler, but most of the time it's for the best.  I've always thought Luke made the right call there.

I agree.  It's like Mrs. Kim booting out Lane when she wouldn't follow house rules.

• Love 2

Okay let's get this show on the road! Things are really hectic here right now so I'm just going to have you guys start out voting against ONE so I don't have to put up a new game too soon LOL. This is going to be a difficult one anyway.

8.  Richard catches Lorelai climbing out of the window to escape her boring FND date.  "Emily, she's not up here!" "Thank you, Daddy."

9.  Lorelai makes sure Rory's dream of going to Harvard is really Rory's dream.  "I’m talking about -- did it start with me? Or did it start with you? Was it my dream that you go to Harvard? Because I never got to do the big fancy college thing?"

10.  Lorelai insists that Rory not drop out of Chilton just because she's met a boy.  "Don't get me wrong. Guys are great. I am a huge fan of guys. You don't get knocked up at sixteen being indifferent to guys. But, babe, guys are always going to be there. This school isn't. It's more important. It has to be more important."

11.  Lorelai talks with Rory about saying 'I love you' after she finds out that's why Dean and Rory broke up.  "You know, I'm still learning this stuff too and since I'm still learning, I think I haven't thought enough about what I'm supposed to be teaching you." "What are you talking about?" "I'm talking about my own personal lack of commitment skills. I mean, look, I love that you have my eyes and my coffee addiction and my taste in music and movies, but when it comes to love and relationships, I don't necessarily want you to be like me. I would hate to think that I raised a kid who couldn't say I love you."

12.  Lorelai and Sookie go knocking on doors until they find Madeline and Louise, who skipped out on the Bangles concert.  "Is there a problem?" "Yeah, see those two idiots over there? They’re 16 -- underage, and I bet you’re not. I also bet those big fancy party cups aren’t holding lemonade. You really want to end any further conversations with me, so step aside Skippy."

13.  Lorelai redecorates Rory's room with Yale paraphernalia.  "I know I'm the one who said no to Yale loudly and a lot, but not anymore. Really, I just want what's right." "I know, but it has to be right for both of us." "If it's right for you, it's really right for me."

14.  Emily asks Chris to leave the house when she sees how upset Lorelai is over him being there.  "You know, you need a mask and a horse when you do that."

15.  Mrs. Kim leaves after the wedding so Lane and Zach can have their fun, rock-n-roll reception.  "I'm going to wear earplugs tonight, the good ones that expand in your ears, so I won't be able to hear anything that might be going on out in the street at all hours of the night."

16.  Luke offers April encouragement about moving to Arizona (even though he's in the middle of a custody battle with Anna).  "You know what in hot climates, they actually have more swimming pools. I bet you a lot of kids there will be really into swimming."

17.  Luke insists that Jess hold up his end of the deal and graduate, or move out.  "I'm not playing with you here, Jess. You quit your job, you go to school." "I am not going back to school!" "So that's it?" "Yeah, that's it." "Then you gotta go."

18.  Mrs. Kim tells Lane that if she wants to live by her own rules, she will have to move out on her own.  "Children do not make the rules. You may . . . move out and live like that somewhere else."

19.  Mrs. Kim goes to visit Lane in the apartment she shares with Zach and Brian.  "This, we'll clean up. Window will be fixed. Temporary fridge. You two are girls. I'll have tea now."

20.  Mrs. Kim closes up the shop and covers all the windows so Lane can have a moment to wallow (with booze!) over her breakup with Zach.  "Lane, it's been six weeks since you come home. You have grieved, and now we move on."

21.  Mrs. Kim single-handedly arranges a tour for Hep Alien when they are in danger of breaking up.  "I need to see your songs." "Why?" "To see if you need to make any adjustments. Lyrics must be clean." "Okay, that’s where we draw the line. We will not change our lyrics." "Oh, please. Prince made fifty-seven million take home last year. He didn’t swear, and he mentioned God. Catch up."

22.  Emily admits she admires that Lorelai is independent and doesn't have to have a man in her life.  "I am kayak, hear me roar."

Playing tie-breaker, I'll vote out 16, only because it's just not a memorable moment for me and 22 is.

22 gone!

Happy Thanksgiving to my US friends!  4 is gone.

10 out.