Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

17, 20 gone.  Still two.

Favorite Episode End Scenes, Season 5

1.  Say Goodbye to Daisy Miller -- Crap Shack.  Lorelai comes in after dropping Rory off at the airport and listens to several messages from Luke, who has had to go help Liz and TJ work their booth in the Renn Faire.  "Just...don't change your mind until I get back, okay?"

2.  A Messenger, Nothing More -- Crap Shack.  The girls eat junk food, talk about Luke and the Renn Faire, and do not talk about Dean.  Rory offers to show Lorelai home movies from her trip to Europe.  "Signora distinctly wrote, 'south rooms with a view and close together.' Instead of which, she has given us north rooms without a view and a long way apart." "She gets very British when she's abroad."

4.  Tippecanoe and Taylor, Too -- Luke's.  Jackson regrets running for Town Selectman.  Lorelai grabs a bottle of champagne and slips upstairs to Luke's apartment.  He was in bed already.  " 'Goes to bed early,' I gotta remember that." "Only on some nights." 

5.  We Got Us a Pippi Virgin -- Crap Shack.  Luke is upset over Rory dating Dean.  "Does it feel right to you? Are you okay with this Rory-and-Dean thing?" "I just need this to work."  At the Gilmore mansion, Emily and Richard have a pleasant, but cool, exchange. "I bought a panic room." "Very good." 

9.  Emily Says Hello -- Yale.  Rory studies with Marty.  "So, you broke up with your boyfriend, huh? . . . Rory?"  Chris calls Lorelai and leaves her a message, wanting to talk about lunch ending badly.  Emily returns from a date with Simon, and cries as she looks around at her empty house.

10.  But Not as Cute as Pushkin -- Miss Patty's.  Luke apologizes about his Dark Day.  'See there's a reason I stay away from people on this particular day. It's because I suck."  He goes over to the Crap Shack and looks at his boat.  At Yale, Logan gets punk'd by Richard and Rory.  "And Logan, welcome to the family, son."

11.  Women of Questionable Morals -- Crap Shack.  Luke has brought Lorelai her own ice skating rink.  "I felt kind of bad about you and snow, the rough time you were having, and I really wasn’t helping any by saying all that stuff about snow being a pain and impractical, and it’s just icy water falling from the sky, and I thought maybe I’d get you two back together. Make you feel better about snow again. I'm grumpy about stuff but I don't want you to be."

14.  Say Something -- Crap Shack.  Luke has rushed over after Lorelai left him a sad, rambling message on his answering machine and then went over to steal the tape before he listened to it.  "You should go. It's cold. I'll be fine."

16.  So. . .Good Talk -- Luke's.  Emily comes by to tell Luke she's done interfering in Lorelai's life.  "She wants you, Luke. She’s made her choice, G-d help her, but there it is."  He goes over to make up with Lorelai.

22.  A House is Not a Home -- Gilmore's Poolhouse.  Lorelai watches sadly through the window as Rory unpacks her things.  Lorelai goes to Luke's to tell him Rory has dropped out of Yale.  "This was her dream. I am not going to let this happen."  "Luke, will you marry me?"  "What?"

5, 22 gone.  Still voting against two.

1.  Say Goodbye to Daisy Miller -- Crap Shack.  Lorelai comes in after dropping Rory off at the airport and listens to several messages from Luke, who has had to go help Liz and TJ work their booth in the Renn Faire.  "Just...don't change your mind until I get back, okay?"

2.  A Messenger, Nothing More -- Crap Shack.  The girls eat junk food, talk about Luke and the Renn Faire, and do not talk about Dean.  Rory offers to show Lorelai home movies from her trip to Europe.  "Signora distinctly wrote, 'south rooms with a view and close together.' Instead of which, she has given us north rooms without a view and a long way apart." "She gets very British when she's abroad."

4.  Tippecanoe and Taylor, Too -- Luke's.  Jackson regrets running for Town Selectman.  Lorelai grabs a bottle of champagne and slips upstairs to Luke's apartment.  He was in bed already.  " 'Goes to bed early,' I gotta remember that." "Only on some nights." 

9.  Emily Says Hello -- Yale.  Rory studies with Marty.  "So, you broke up with your boyfriend, huh? . . . Rory?"  Chris calls Lorelai and leaves her a message, wanting to talk about lunch ending badly.  Emily returns from a date with Simon, and cries as she looks around at her empty house.

10.  But Not as Cute as Pushkin -- Miss Patty's.  Luke apologizes about his Dark Day.  'See there's a reason I stay away from people on this particular day. It's because I suck."  He goes over to the Crap Shack and looks at his boat.  At Yale, Logan gets punk'd by Richard and Rory.  "And Logan, welcome to the family, son."

11.  Women of Questionable Morals -- Crap Shack.  Luke has brought Lorelai her own ice skating rink.  "I felt kind of bad about you and snow, the rough time you were having, and I really wasn’t helping any by saying all that stuff about snow being a pain and impractical, and it’s just icy water falling from the sky, and I thought maybe I’d get you two back together. Make you feel better about snow again. I'm grumpy about stuff but I don't want you to be."

14.  Say Something -- Crap Shack.  Luke has rushed over after Lorelai left him a sad, rambling message on his answering machine and then went over to steal the tape before he listened to it.  "You should go. It's cold. I'll be fine."

16.  So. . .Good Talk -- Luke's.  Emily comes by to tell Luke she's done interfering in Lorelai's life.  "She wants you, Luke. She’s made her choice, G-d help her, but there it is."  He goes over to make up with Lorelai.

Last time voting against two.

Okay I just went ahead and eliminated the ones with more than one vote, so we'd have our Top Three.

Say Goodbye to Daisy Miller -- Crap Shack.  Lorelai comes in after dropping Rory off at the airport and listens to several messages from Luke, who has had to go help Liz and TJ work their booth in the Renn Faire.  "Just...don't change your mind until I get back, okay?"

But Not as Cute as Pushkin -- Miss Patty's.  Luke apologizes about his Dark Day.  'See there's a reason I stay away from people on this particular day. It's because I suck."  He goes over to the Crap Shack and looks at his boat.  At Yale, Logan gets punk'd by Richard and Rory.  "And Logan, welcome to the family, son."

Women of Questionable Morals -- Crap Shack.  Luke has brought Lorelai her own ice skating rink.  "I felt kind of bad about you and snow, the rough time you were having, and I really wasn’t helping any by saying all that stuff about snow being a pain and impractical, and it’s just icy water falling from the sky, and I thought maybe I’d get you two back together. Make you feel better about snow again. I'm grumpy about stuff but I don't want you to be."

• Love 1

Let's get this crap fest over with!  Vote against three.

Favorite Episode End Scenes, Season 6

1.  New and Improved Lorelai -- Gilmore mansion.  Lorelai confronts Emily and Richard about going back on The Plan to get Rory back to Yale.  "The scorpion and the frog. It's an old story."  Babette runs to Luke's to find out if the rumor that there's a rift between Lorelai and Rory is true.  "I smell almond toast."  Luke brings the ring he bought from Kirk over to Lorelai's.  "Full moon! Moment's here! Let's go!"

2.  Fight Face -- Side of the road.  Lorelai sees Rory doing community service and pulls over to confront her.  "You and Luke getting engaged and not telling me about it. You hurt me." "Back at you."

3.  The UnGraduate -- Crap Shack.  Lorelai doesn't want to set a wedding date until things are right with Rory.  Luke is going to make Paul Anka some scrambled eggs after his fiasco with the baking chocolate.  At Yale, Rory sadly watches the new freshman go through their Orientation.  She gets sworn into the DAR.   "As certified members of the Hartford chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution, you will hold a very special and esteemed place in this community."

4.  Always a Godmother, Never a God -- Rory's car.  She's on the phone with Logan.  He's still trying to run away from becoming a Huntzberger.  "New York, you and me, right now, by helicopter."  At the Crap Shack, Lorelai watches Riding the Bus With My Sister with Paul Anka.  "It's not the same."

5.  We've Got Magic to Do -- DAR function.  Richard runs into Mitchum and finds out everything Lorelai said about the Huntzbergers ganging up on Rory was true.  Emily goes to confront Shira.  "Now, let's talk about 'your money'. You were a two-bit gold digger, fresh off the bus from Hicksville when you met Mitchum at whatever bar you happened to stumble into. And what made Mitchum decide to choose you to marry amongst the pack of women he was bedding at the time, I'll never know, but hat's off to you for bagging him."

6.  Welcome to the Dollhouse -- Pool house.  Rory tells Logan she loves him.   "Wow. The lady who sold that purse to me said this was going to happen."  At the Crap Shack, Richard brings Lorelai's dollhouse over and admits they need to talk about Rory.

7.  Twenty-One is the Loneliest Number -- Rory's party.  Lorelai and Rory make small talk.  "Did you get your chocolate box? They're by the door." "No, I didn't. I'll get one on the way out."  On the way home, Luke offers to let Lorelai pull link sausages out of him.

8.  Let Me Hear Your Balalaikas Ringing Out -- DAR function.  Emily is upset with Rory.  "You are becoming more like your mother with every passing day." "And you are becoming more like my mother's mother with every passing day."

9.  The Prodigal Daughter Returns -- Science Fair.  Luke realizes April is his daughter.  "I didn't know about you."  "I know."  At the Crap Shack, Rory calls Lorelai on her way back home.  "Love you, mom." "Oh...kid, you have no idea."  Lorelai runs to Luke's to get a bunch of junk food and tell him Rory's back.  "Don't skimp on the fries. We don't want to lose her again."

10.  He's Slippin' 'Em Bread, Dig? -- Dragonfly.  Liz and TJ and their Renn Faire guests have had to crash the Dragonfly for Thanksgiving dinner.  "Oh, I can't wait to see this meal! My dinner didn't turn out like Martha's picture. Who knew a turkey could melt like that?"  Rory gets a phone call from Honor and finds out Logan believes they are broken up.  Luke realizes he wants to be a part of April's life.

11.  The Perfect Dress -- Crap Shack.  Luke tries to tell Lorelai about April but chickens out when she comes downstairs in the wedding dress she bought.  "I need you to see this dress. There's something not right up here. It was too easy. I can't be objective anymore."

12.  Just Like Gwen and Gavin -- Winter Carnival.  Luke is feeling overwhelmed about April, and the wedding, and life.  Lorelai sadly offers to postpone the wedding.  "I don't want you going into this all jumbled up, you know?"

13.  Friday Night's Alright for Fighting -- FND.  The Gilmores fight and bicker and even laugh their way through dinner.  "Well...I think we've officially reinstated Friday night dinner."

14.  You've Been Gilmored -- Gilmore mansion.  Luke and Lorelai have been to FND.  "I never knew there were so many horrible ways you could lose everything you own."  Chris calls Lorelai to let her know Rory has moved in with Logan.  

15.  A Vineyard Valentine -- Luke's.  Everyone's back from the trip.  Caesar almost forgot to tell Luke that April would be coming over at 3:00 tomorrow.  Lorelai sadly walks herself home and realizes Emily has put her wedding announcement in the paper.  "Lorelai, it's your aunt Alice. Jim and I saw the beautiful picture of you in the paper announcing your engagement."

16.  Bridesmaids Revisited -- Crap Shack.  Lorelai's trying to clean the marker off the floor when Chris calls to apologize.  "You're awfully quiet.  Gigi got a gun on you or something?"  At Paris' apartment, Rory and Paris commiserate over a ton of food about how much men suck.

17.  I'm Okay, You're Okay -- Luke's.  Lorelai sees the bag that Anna sent over.  She's passively-aggressively fine with it.  At Logan's apartment, Rory comes in.  Logan is upset because she left without telling him she was leaving.  She passively-aggressively apologizes.

18.  The Real Paul Anka -- Crap Shack.  Lorelai throws coffee on Lane's Korean wedding dress so she has an excuse to cut the pants out.

19.  I Get a Sidekick Out of You -- Crap Shack.  Chris and Rory bring home a very drunk Lorelai.  "You know hon, if the two gallons of coffee we poured down her throat at the wedding didn't do anything, I'm not sure what two more cups will."

20.  Super Cool Party People -- Anna's store.  Lorelai has come by to try to reassure Anna about her being in April's life.  "Luke and I, we are engaged. We are stable." "Engaged isn't married. People get engaged all the time."

21.  Driving Miss Gilmore -- Sookie's house.  After telling Emily the wedding isn't going to happen, Lorelai comes to crash at Sookie's.  "What's that smell?" "68 pounds of marijuana."

22.  Partings -- Chris's apartment.  Lorelai is in his bed.

Edited by Taryn74
  • Love 1

I can’t choose. I was like “2- yeah, I hate that one. 3- yeah, I hate that one. 4- I really hate that one. Maybe I’ll just vote for those. But wait! There are more coming that I hate even more!”

Not even joking about being ready to just get this one over with.  This was the first round that I literally had to force myself to keep going.  So, with that - 12, 15, 21, 22 all gone!  Voting against three.

1.  New and Improved Lorelai -- Gilmore mansion.  Lorelai confronts Emily and Richard about going back on The Plan to get Rory back to Yale.  "The scorpion and the frog. It's an old story."  Babette runs to Luke's to find out if the rumor that there's a rift between Lorelai and Rory is true.  "I smell almond toast."  Luke brings the ring he bought from Kirk over to Lorelai's.  "Full moon! Moment's here! Let's go!"

2.  Fight Face -- Side of the road.  Lorelai sees Rory doing community service and pulls over to confront her.  "You and Luke getting engaged and not telling me about it. You hurt me." "Back at you."

3.  The UnGraduate -- Crap Shack.  Lorelai doesn't want to set a wedding date until things are right with Rory.  Luke is going to make Paul Anka some scrambled eggs after his fiasco with the baking chocolate.  At Yale, Rory sadly watches the new freshman go through their Orientation.  She gets sworn into the DAR.   "As certified members of the Hartford chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution, you will hold a very special and esteemed place in this community."

4.  Always a Godmother, Never a God -- Rory's car.  She's on the phone with Logan.  He's still trying to run away from becoming a Huntzberger.  "New York, you and me, right now, by helicopter."  At the Crap Shack, Lorelai watches Riding the Bus With My Sister with Paul Anka.  "It's not the same."

5.  We've Got Magic to Do -- DAR function.  Richard runs into Mitchum and finds out everything Lorelai said about the Huntzbergers ganging up on Rory was true.  Emily goes to confront Shira.  "Now, let's talk about 'your money'. You were a two-bit gold digger, fresh off the bus from Hicksville when you met Mitchum at whatever bar you happened to stumble into. And what made Mitchum decide to choose you to marry amongst the pack of women he was bedding at the time, I'll never know, but hat's off to you for bagging him."

6.  Welcome to the Dollhouse -- Pool house.  Rory tells Logan she loves him.   "Wow. The lady who sold that purse to me said this was going to happen."  At the Crap Shack, Richard brings Lorelai's dollhouse over and admits they need to talk about Rory.

7.  Twenty-One is the Loneliest Number -- Rory's party.  Lorelai and Rory make small talk.  "Did you get your chocolate box? They're by the door." "No, I didn't. I'll get one on the way out."  On the way home, Luke offers to let Lorelai pull link sausages out of him.

8.  Let Me Hear Your Balalaikas Ringing Out -- DAR function.  Emily is upset with Rory.  "You are becoming more like your mother with every passing day." "And you are becoming more like my mother's mother with every passing day."

9.  The Prodigal Daughter Returns -- Science Fair.  Luke realizes April is his daughter.  "I didn't know about you."  "I know."  At the Crap Shack, Rory calls Lorelai on her way back home.  "Love you, mom." "Oh...kid, you have no idea."  Lorelai runs to Luke's to get a bunch of junk food and tell him Rory's back.  "Don't skimp on the fries. We don't want to lose her again."

10.  He's Slippin' 'Em Bread, Dig? -- Dragonfly.  Liz and TJ and their Renn Faire guests have had to crash the Dragonfly for Thanksgiving dinner.  "Oh, I can't wait to see this meal! My dinner didn't turn out like Martha's picture. Who knew a turkey could melt like that?"  Rory gets a phone call from Honor and finds out Logan believes they are broken up.  Luke realizes he wants to be a part of April's life.

11.  The Perfect Dress -- Crap Shack.  Luke tries to tell Lorelai about April but chickens out when she comes downstairs in the wedding dress she bought.  "I need you to see this dress. There's something not right up here. It was too easy. I can't be objective anymore."

13.  Friday Night's Alright for Fighting -- FND.  The Gilmores fight and bicker and even laugh their way through dinner.  "Well...I think we've officially reinstated Friday night dinner."

14.  You've Been Gilmored -- Gilmore mansion.  Luke and Lorelai have been to FND.  "I never knew there were so many horrible ways you could lose everything you own."  Chris calls Lorelai to let her know Rory has moved in with Logan.  

16.  Bridesmaids Revisited -- Crap Shack.  Lorelai's trying to clean the marker off the floor when Chris calls to apologize.  "You're awfully quiet.  Gigi got a gun on you or something?"  At Paris' apartment, Rory and Paris commiserate over a ton of food about how much men suck.

17.  I'm Okay, You're Okay -- Luke's.  Lorelai sees the bag that Anna sent over.  She's passively-aggressively fine with it.  At Logan's apartment, Rory comes in.  Logan is upset because she left without telling him she was leaving.  She passively-aggressively apologizes.

18.  The Real Paul Anka -- Crap Shack.  Lorelai throws coffee on Lane's Korean wedding dress so she has an excuse to cut the pants out.

19.  I Get a Sidekick Out of You -- Crap Shack.  Chris and Rory bring home a very drunk Lorelai.  "You know hon, if the two gallons of coffee we poured down her throat at the wedding didn't do anything, I'm not sure what two more cups will."

20.  Super Cool Party People -- Anna's store.  Lorelai has come by to try to reassure Anna about her being in April's life.  "Luke and I, we are engaged. We are stable." "Engaged isn't married. People get engaged all the time."

If it gets more than one vote it's out.  LOL.  2, 17, 19, 20 gone!  Voting against three.

4, 10, 16 gone. I guess we can drop to voting against two now.

1, 11 gone.  Voting against two.

6, 14 out.  Vote against two.

Okay let's get the last two out of here so we can move on!