Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

45 minutes ago, deaja said:

I hate how they act like Rory was in a life or death coma instead of a fractured wrist

I hated that entire fiasco with the heat of a thousand suns.  I thought my eyeballs would roll out of my head and across the floor with the absurdity of that whole pseudo-drama.

• Love 1

2 is gone!  ("It's plasma" amuses me to no end.  I don't know why.)

1. Lorelai and Jason end up at the supermarket for their first date, buying Sno Balls ("Why are they shaped like a chest?") and toothpaste and going in the storeroom for purse-sized Pringles.  (TKBNO)

3.  Jason and Lorelai have to pretend to be dating - while hiding that they really are dating - at the Rare Manuscripts Acquisition Fundraiser, because Lorelai didn't know to bring a man.  "So who else is joining us?" "No one. We brought one of Richard's coats to hang over the chair."  (Nag Hammadi)

4.  Chris sends Lorelai a special gift basket for her graduation - a $25 savings bond, a youth hostel card, a DVD of The Graduate, a necklace.  "The pearl almost looks real."  "It better look very real, because it is."  (LGD)

5.  Chris and Lorelai dance at Miss Patty's to show Dean and Rory how it's done.  "Okay, I'm adopted."  (PLG)

6.  Lorelai calls Chris to tell him Rory has been in an accident.  She wakes up in a chair next to Rory's bed, and see Chris asleep in a chair next to her.  (TMT)

7.  Max and Lorelai sit on her front porch, she admires her engagement ring.  "I'm getting married."  (Sadie, Sadie)

8.  Max leaves a message on Lorelai's answering machine, which she listens to over and over.  "Lorelai, it's Max.  Medina.  Maaax Medina."  (L&W&S)

9.  Max and Lorelai double-date with Rory and Dean.  The girls run off for ice cream while Dean gives Max advice.  "Don't ever use the last of the parmesan cheese. And never get into a heavy discussion late at night 'cause that's when they're at their crankiest."  (RLOTWN)

10.  Luke and Lorelai have their first real date at Sniffy's.  He knows the owners.  "No, no, no garlic. I mean, give the boy a chance."  Lorelai reads the entire back of the menu and Luke declares he is all in.  (WitS)

11.  Luke and Lorelai's first kiss.  "Will you just stand still?"  (R&R)

12.  Luke stays up all night sewing a tarp to salvage Rory's going-away party.  "I just . . . like to see you happy."  (BV)

Edited by Taryn74
Because I know how to spell

6 gone!  (I hate the complete overreaction to the fractured wrist too, but you all knew that already LOL.  I still say that whole thing would have been much better done if it had been a nurse who called Lorelai from the hospital instead of Rory.  Lorelai could have easily worked herself up into a frenzy thinking that Rory must be in a coma, or too injured to call, etc.  No, Drama Queen, you knew your daughter was mostly alright when you went up there.  Calm the eff down.)

1. Lorelai and Jason end up at the supermarket for their first date, buying Sno Balls ("Why are they shaped like a chest?") and toothpaste and going in the storeroom for purse-sized Pringles.  (TKBNO)

3.  Jason and Lorelai have to pretend to be dating - while hiding that they really are dating - at the Rare Manuscripts Acquisition Fundraiser, because Lorelai didn't know to bring a man.  "So who else is joining us?" "No one. We brought one of Richard's coats to hang over the chair."  (Nag Hammadi)

4.  Chris sends Lorelai a special gift basket for her graduation - a $25 savings bond, a youth hostel card, a DVD of The Graduate, a necklace.  "The pearl almost looks real."  "It better look very real, because it is."  (LGD)

5.  Chris and Lorelai dance at Miss Patty's to show Dean and Rory how it's done.  "Okay, I'm adopted."  (PLG)

7.  Max and Lorelai sit on her front porch, she admires her engagement ring.  "I'm getting married."  (Sadie, Sadie)

8.  Max leaves a message on Lorelai's answering machine, which she listens to over and over.  "Lorelai, it's Max.  Medina.  Maaax Medina."  (L&W&S)

9.  Max and Lorelai double-date with Rory and Dean.  The girls run off for ice cream while Dean gives Max advice.  "Don't ever use the last of the parmesan cheese. And never get into a heavy discussion late at night 'cause that's when they're at their crankiest."  (RLOTWN)

10.  Luke and Lorelai have their first real date at Sniffy's.  He knows the owners.  "No, no, no garlic. I mean, give the boy a chance."  Lorelai reads the entire back of the menu and Luke declares he is all in.  (WitS)

12.  Luke stays up all night sewing a tarp to salvage Rory's going-away party.  "I just . . . like to see you happy."  (BV)

3. I can't pick 4 or 5 yet. I think 4 is one of the most genuinely selfless things we see Chris do, and it's sweet that he's proud of Lorelai. And 5 is a great example of the way Chris and Lorelai light up around each other which is the (only) thing I can sometimes find appealing about them.

• Love 1
20 hours ago, Bumblebee Tights said:

I can't pick 4 or 5 yet. I think 4 is one of the most genuinely selfless things we see Chris do, and it's sweet that he's proud of Lorelai. And 5 is a great example of the way Chris and Lorelai light up around each other which is the (only) thing I can sometimes find appealing about them.

I agree on both points.  However, the people have spoken!  5 out.

• Love 1

Well 9 is finally gone!  I hate the way Dean acts like dating one of the Gilmore Girls equals dating both of them.  I know they're still "freakishly linked" at this point but they're mother and daughter, not sisters close in age.  It's creepy.

5 hours ago, ghoulina said:

(Feel like Lorelai was more excited about BEING married than being married to MAX.)

I think that kind of sums up their entire relationship, really.  Wasn't it implied that he was her first actual serious adult relationship?  I can kind of understand why she "fell in love with being in love".  At least she was self-aware enough to realize it before actually marrying him.  (Gotta give praise where praise is due.  Lorelai being self-aware is not something that happens often, LOL.)

• Love 3

Yay, I get to play tie-breaker and save 4 for at least one more round!  ;)  I agree with deaja, I think it's a really sweet, thoughtful gift.  I understand where ya'll are coming from re: Sherry and all, but at that point Chris genuinely thought he and Sherry were over (as did she, which she explained to Lorelai in TTDE) and they would have never gotten back together had Sherry not realized she was pregnant.  So I don't see him as being "still with Sherry" then at all.

8 it is!

This is getting harder, but 1. Overall, I love it. But Lorelai’s messing with the timecards drives me bonkers. As someone whose managed a smallish inn and is in the process of building another one, she should know that timecards are a big deal for all involved. But hey, she was having a fun date. Why not maybe get someone fired.

Well I saved it as long as I could.  4 out!

• Love 1
18 hours ago, deaja said:

This is getting harder, but 1. Overall, I love it. But Lorelai’s messing with the timecards drives me bonkers. As someone whose managed a smallish inn and is in the process of building another one, she should know that timecards are a big deal for all involved. But hey, she was having a fun date. Why not maybe get someone fired.

You make another excellent point. 1.