Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

Out are:  Jason 9, Chris 8 (Lorelai gets on my nerves so much when she's acting like this), Max 12 (the 'chat dates' were dumb, he shouldn't have been calling her from work, and oh yeah the whole reason ya'll weren't together is because you made out at school in front of a student and not because you couldn't get along, so shut up Max), and Luke 1 (see comment about Lorelai above LOL)

Jason

1. Lorelai and Jason end up at the supermarket for their first date, buying Sno Balls ("Why are they shaped like a chest?") and toothpaste and going in the storeroom for purse-sized Pringles.  (TKBNO)

2.  Jason tries to take the morning off so he and Lorelai can go antique shopping.  ("Japan does not have the morning off.")  They both end up on the phone with Emily, who thinks Jason is a stalker.  (AFM)

3.  Jason introduces Lorelai to Cyrus, his dog.  "Cyrus, a little to the left."  (The Nanny & the Professor)

4.  Jason and Lorelai have sex, then he breaks the news that she'll have to sleep in the guest room, since he can't have any distractions when he's trying to sleep.  "TV, reading material, unbelievably gorgeous woman. "I should at least get billing over the TV." "It's plasma."  (TNaTP)

5.  Jason and Lorelai have to pretend to be dating - while hiding that they really are dating - at the Rare Manuscripts Acquisition Fundraiser, because Lorelai didn't know to bring a man.  "So who else is joining us?" "No one. We brought one of Richard's coats to hang over the chair."  (Nag Hammadi)

6.  Jason gives Lorelai a key to his apartment.  "The key was supposed to say something."  "So it's a talking key?"  (GIB, BDTT)

7.  Jason cons Emily into inviting him to stay for dinner.  Lorelai is impressed.  He almost tips his hand when he asks Emily for advice on a good restaurant with a romantic atmosphere.  "Why would you need a romantic atmosphere for business?"  (Die, Jerk)

8.  Lorelai storms over to Jason's office after Emily cancels the catering plans for the launch party, because he hasn't called her back.  "I'll call you back now, what's your number?"  "976-bite-me."  (An Affair to Remember)

10.  Jason's parents are over at the Gilmore's for FND.  Everyone is surprised at how 'dressed up' Lorelai is.  "By the way, may I be the fourteenth person this evening to say how great you look?" "It's the shower. I gotta try that more often."  (TTTB)

11.  Jason and Lorelai discuss her habit of talking through movies which bore her on the way back in from a date.  "I am not vibing your habits. I'm merely saying that the large man in a wife beater sitting in front of us invited me into the lobby to discuss your habits, and had I accepted his charming invitation, I might be in traction right now."  (TNATP)

12.  Jason and Lorelai discuss the benefit auction he attended, not without a date.  "Um, my mother said she didn't wear any underwear." "Emily didn't wear any underwear?"  (TNATP)

Christopher

1.  Chris sets up a showing of Funny Face on the side of a barn.  "I thought it was time we saw a movie we wouldn't complain about."  ('SW 'SM)

2.  Chris sends Lorelai a special gift basket for her graduation - a $25 savings bond, a youth hostel card, a DVD of The Graduate, a necklace.  "The pearl almost looks real."  "It better look very real, because it is."  (LGD)

3.  Chris and Lorelai argue over which band is better, Metallica or The Offspring.  He wants to get married.  "And the hits just keep on coming."  (CR)

4.  Chris and Lorelai dance at Miss Patty's to show Dean and Rory how it's done.  "Okay, I'm adopted."  (PLG)

5.  Chris and Lorelai have a few brief moments of happiness together before he finds out Sherry is pregnant.  "Stop looking at me like that or everyone here will think we did it."  (ICGS)

6.  Lorelai calls Chris to tell him Rory has been in an accident.  She wakes up in a chair next to Rory's bed, and see Chris asleep in a chair next to her.  (TMT)

7.  Chris comes to wake Lorelai to tell her Gigi has arrived.  They go together to look at her through the viewing window.  We flashback to Chris seeing Rory for the first time.  "She's pretty."  "She's perfect."  (DEaR)

9.  Chris has bought a Volvo and has a steady job.  Lorelai thinks he's finally ready to be in a relationship, then finds out he already is -- with Sherry.  (PLG)

10.  Chris comes for Rory's debate and brings Sherry with him.  Sherry wants to take Rory shopping so they can get to know each other.  Chris sees through the "mutual Leonard" phone call.  (ISHBL)

11.  Chris is hurt that Rory is not returning his phone calls and comes to the Gilmore mansion to confront Lorelai.  "Don’t you understand that I can’t talk to you because it hurts! Talking to you, really hurts! Standing here right now is killing me, okay? Don’t you understand that?"  Emily asks him to leave.  (Haunted Leg)

13.  Chris calls Lorelai in a panic because Sherry has moved to Paris, leaving him to raise Gigi alone.  (NMIP)

Max

1.  Max and Lorelai sit on her front porch, she admires her engagement ring.  "I'm getting married."  (Sadie, Sadie)

2.  Max and Lorelai have dinner and discuss wedding plans.  He gives her a check from his parents.  "Ah, did you tell them that we're paying for everything ourselves?  Sookie's doing the cake, the ceremony's at my house, Patty's supplying the chairs… thirty five dollars?"  (H&V)

3.  Max arranges to have a thousand million yellow daisies delivered to the Inn as part of a proper marriage proposal.  "Oh, my."  (LDaT)

4.  Max leaves a message on Lorelai's answering machine, which she listens to over and over.  "Lorelai, it's Max.  Medina.  Maaax Medina."  (L&W&S)

6.  Max and Lorelai double-date with Rory and Dean.  The girls run off for ice cream while Dean gives Max advice.  "Don't ever use the last of the parmesan cheese. And never get into a heavy discussion late at night 'cause that's when they're at their crankiest."  (RLOTWN)

7.  Lorelai attends a parent/teacher conference and meets Max.  She makes a bad impression on the other parents ("What in the world?") but Max is charmed.  (TDH)

8.  Max's car breaks down in Stars Hollow and he and Lorelai have an impromptu date.  "I smell snow."  (L&W&S)

9.  Max shows up on time for a date with Lorelai and has to sit awkwardly in the living room with Rory while Lorelai finishes getting ready.  "Who shows up at 8:00 for an 8:00 date?"  "I don't know, maybe a Chilton teacher?"  (PiB)

10.  Max and Lorelai interview Kirk, who wants to be their wedding photographer.  Kirk insists that the nude photo of himself is a flesh-colored Speedo.  "The man was buck naked." "Offer rescinded if this line of conversation proceeds."  (RLOAWN)

11.  Max pretends that he learned to make osso bucco from an Italian widow who lived upstairs and looked at him as a son.  "So, an old girlfriend, huh?"  "Yep."  (PiB)

13.  The town throws Max and Lorelai an engagement party.  They sit on giant throne-like chairs and every gift they open is for Lorelai.  "In this town, I am the queen. You are simply my jester."  (H&V)

Luke

3.  Luke and Lorelai have their first real date at Sniffy's.  He knows the owners.  "No, no, no garlic. I mean, give the boy a chance."  Lorelai reads the entire back of the menu and Luke declares he is all in.  (WitS)

4.  Luke makes a list of CD's Lorelai will want him to buy now that they are dating.  "And skip any '80s groups where the guys dressed up like pirates. I draw the line at pirates."  It's been a great first date.  (WitS)

5.  Luke and Lorelai prep the diner for painting and share a "moment" before being interrupted by Taylor trying to get in to take pictures.  (TDDR)

6.  Lorelai tells Luke she doesn't have many people who are in her life permanently, forever, but he's one of them.  "At least, I think I've got . . ."  "You do."  (RALB)

7.  Lorelai stays the night at Luke's when the Inn burns down.  She tells him about the dream she had that they were married and she was pregnant with twins.  "Mine?"  "What am I, dream tramp?  Of course yours."  (ATOPAF)

8.  Lorelai cries on Luke's shoulder after the disastrous FND with Gran.  "You are not failing."  (TISL)

9.  Luke and Lorelai's first kiss.  "Will you just stand still?"  (R&R)

10.  Luke buys - and later unbuys - the Twickham House.  "Kids would be good."  (TLALD, NAIL)

11.  Luke stays up all night sewing a tarp to salvage Rory's going-away party.  "I just . . . like to see you happy."  (BV)

12.  Lorelai proposes to Luke and they look for something to toast the occasion.  "Grapefruit juice or Worcestershire sauce."  Taylor has Zima in the back.  (NAIL)

13.  Luke and Lorelai have their first officially-back-together date and she discovers a reggae CD in his truck.  "Well, all I can say is, you’re lucky I’m back in your life, because clearly you were lost without me. I mean, it’s a miracle you’re even still alive. Right?"  "You bet."  (Pulp Friction)

• Love 1

Jason – 3 because I love that adorable dog and I bet Mr. Must Sleep Alone ever even touched him

Christopher – 5 because ewwwwwww

Max – 10 because ewwwwwww

Luke – 13 because reggae?

• Love 1

Jason 3, Chris 5, Max 11, and Luke 10 gone!

Jason

1. Lorelai and Jason end up at the supermarket for their first date, buying Sno Balls ("Why are they shaped like a chest?") and toothpaste and going in the storeroom for purse-sized Pringles.  (TKBNO)

2.  Jason tries to take the morning off so he and Lorelai can go antique shopping.  ("Japan does not have the morning off.")  They both end up on the phone with Emily, who thinks Jason is a stalker.  (AFM)

4.  Jason and Lorelai have sex, then he breaks the news that she'll have to sleep in the guest room, since he can't have any distractions when he's trying to sleep.  "TV, reading material, unbelievably gorgeous woman. "I should at least get billing over the TV." "It's plasma."  (TNaTP)

5.  Jason and Lorelai have to pretend to be dating - while hiding that they really are dating - at the Rare Manuscripts Acquisition Fundraiser, because Lorelai didn't know to bring a man.  "So who else is joining us?" "No one. We brought one of Richard's coats to hang over the chair."  (Nag Hammadi)

6.  Jason gives Lorelai a key to his apartment.  "The key was supposed to say something."  "So it's a talking key?"  (GIB, BDTT)

7.  Jason cons Emily into inviting him to stay for dinner.  Lorelai is impressed.  He almost tips his hand when he asks Emily for advice on a good restaurant with a romantic atmosphere.  "Why would you need a romantic atmosphere for business?"  (Die, Jerk)

8.  Lorelai storms over to Jason's office after Emily cancels the catering plans for the launch party, because he hasn't called her back.  "I'll call you back now, what's your number?"  "976-bite-me."  (An Affair to Remember)

10.  Jason's parents are over at the Gilmore's for FND.  Everyone is surprised at how 'dressed up' Lorelai is.  "By the way, may I be the fourteenth person this evening to say how great you look?" "It's the shower. I gotta try that more often."  (TTTB)

11.  Jason and Lorelai discuss her habit of talking through movies which bore her on the way back in from a date.  "I am not vibing your habits. I'm merely saying that the large man in a wife beater sitting in front of us invited me into the lobby to discuss your habits, and had I accepted his charming invitation, I might be in traction right now."  (TNATP)

12.  Jason and Lorelai discuss the benefit auction he attended, not without a date.  "Um, my mother said she didn't wear any underwear." "Emily didn't wear any underwear?"  (TNATP)

Christopher

1.  Chris sets up a showing of Funny Face on the side of a barn.  "I thought it was time we saw a movie we wouldn't complain about."  ('SW 'SM)

2.  Chris sends Lorelai a special gift basket for her graduation - a $25 savings bond, a youth hostel card, a DVD of The Graduate, a necklace.  "The pearl almost looks real."  "It better look very real, because it is."  (LGD)

3.  Chris and Lorelai argue over which band is better, Metallica or The Offspring.  He wants to get married.  "And the hits just keep on coming."  (CR)

4.  Chris and Lorelai dance at Miss Patty's to show Dean and Rory how it's done.  "Okay, I'm adopted."  (PLG)

6.  Lorelai calls Chris to tell him Rory has been in an accident.  She wakes up in a chair next to Rory's bed, and see Chris asleep in a chair next to her.  (TMT)

7.  Chris comes to wake Lorelai to tell her Gigi has arrived.  They go together to look at her through the viewing window.  We flashback to Chris seeing Rory for the first time.  "She's pretty."  "She's perfect."  (DEaR)

9.  Chris has bought a Volvo and has a steady job.  Lorelai thinks he's finally ready to be in a relationship, then finds out he already is -- with Sherry.  (PLG)

10.  Chris comes for Rory's debate and brings Sherry with him.  Sherry wants to take Rory shopping so they can get to know each other.  Chris sees through the "mutual Leonard" phone call.  (ISHBL)

11.  Chris is hurt that Rory is not returning his phone calls and comes to the Gilmore mansion to confront Lorelai.  "Don’t you understand that I can’t talk to you because it hurts! Talking to you, really hurts! Standing here right now is killing me, okay? Don’t you understand that?"  Emily asks him to leave.  (Haunted Leg)

13.  Chris calls Lorelai in a panic because Sherry has moved to Paris, leaving him to raise Gigi alone.  (NMIP)

Max

1.  Max and Lorelai sit on her front porch, she admires her engagement ring.  "I'm getting married."  (Sadie, Sadie)

2.  Max and Lorelai have dinner and discuss wedding plans.  He gives her a check from his parents.  "Ah, did you tell them that we're paying for everything ourselves?  Sookie's doing the cake, the ceremony's at my house, Patty's supplying the chairs… thirty five dollars?"  (H&V)

3.  Max arranges to have a thousand million yellow daisies delivered to the Inn as part of a proper marriage proposal.  "Oh, my."  (LDaT)

4.  Max leaves a message on Lorelai's answering machine, which she listens to over and over.  "Lorelai, it's Max.  Medina.  Maaax Medina."  (L&W&S)

6.  Max and Lorelai double-date with Rory and Dean.  The girls run off for ice cream while Dean gives Max advice.  "Don't ever use the last of the parmesan cheese. And never get into a heavy discussion late at night 'cause that's when they're at their crankiest."  (RLOTWN)

7.  Lorelai attends a parent/teacher conference and meets Max.  She makes a bad impression on the other parents ("What in the world?") but Max is charmed.  (TDH)

8.  Max's car breaks down in Stars Hollow and he and Lorelai have an impromptu date.  "I smell snow."  (L&W&S)

9.  Max shows up on time for a date with Lorelai and has to sit awkwardly in the living room with Rory while Lorelai finishes getting ready.  "Who shows up at 8:00 for an 8:00 date?"  "I don't know, maybe a Chilton teacher?"  (PiB)

10.  Max and Lorelai interview Kirk, who wants to be their wedding photographer.  Kirk insists that the nude photo of himself is a flesh-colored Speedo.  "The man was buck naked." "Offer rescinded if this line of conversation proceeds."  (RLOAWN)

13.  The town throws Max and Lorelai an engagement party.  They sit on giant throne-like chairs and every gift they open is for Lorelai.  "In this town, I am the queen. You are simply my jester."  (H&V)

Luke

3.  Luke and Lorelai have their first real date at Sniffy's.  He knows the owners.  "No, no, no garlic. I mean, give the boy a chance."  Lorelai reads the entire back of the menu and Luke declares he is all in.  (WitS)

4.  Luke makes a list of CD's Lorelai will want him to buy now that they are dating.  "And skip any '80s groups where the guys dressed up like pirates. I draw the line at pirates."  It's been a great first date.  (WitS)

5.  Luke and Lorelai prep the diner for painting and share a "moment" before being interrupted by Taylor trying to get in to take pictures.  (TDDR)

6.  Lorelai tells Luke she doesn't have many people who are in her life permanently, forever, but he's one of them.  "At least, I think I've got . . ."  "You do."  (RALB)

7.  Lorelai stays the night at Luke's when the Inn burns down.  She tells him about the dream she had that they were married and she was pregnant with twins.  "Mine?"  "What am I, dream tramp?  Of course yours."  (ATOPAF)

8.  Lorelai cries on Luke's shoulder after the disastrous FND with Gran.  "You are not failing."  (TISL)

11.  Luke stays up all night sewing a tarp to salvage Rory's going-away party.  "I just . . . like to see you happy."  (BV)

12.  Lorelai proposes to Luke and they look for something to toast the occasion.  "Grapefruit juice or Worcestershire sauce."  Taylor has Zima in the back.  (NAIL)

13.  Luke and Lorelai have their first officially-back-together date and she discovers a reggae CD in his truck.  "Well, all I can say is, you’re lucky I’m back in your life, because clearly you were lost without me. I mean, it’s a miracle you’re even still alive. Right?"  "You bet."  (Pulp Friction)

Jason-12 (Again)

Chris-7 (I hurt for Lorelai in this episode)

Max-3 (Romantic, I guess, but what I don't like about Max and Lorelai is that they seem to be mistaking a mutual infatuation for something much more serious and this is a perfect example)

Luke-12 (I like this moment, but it has a bit of an air of sadness since it was really brought about because of the Rory situation)

Jason 12, Chris 7, Max 3, Luke 12 out.

Jason

Christopher

Max

Luke

Jason 10, Chris 10, Max 13, Luke 4

Jason

Christopher

Max

Luke

Jason 6 (I never bought that he was that serious about her, or that she would be so clueless to a guy giving her a key to his apartment), Chris 13, Max 10, Luke 13 

Jason

Christopher

Max

Luke

Jason 7, Chris 9, Max 9, Luke 7 out

Jason

Christopher

Max

Luke

Jason 2, Chris 3, Max 7, Luke 5 out.  I think we should get it down to the Top Three for each before pitting them against each other, so keep voting.

Jason

Christopher

Max

Luke

Jason 11, Chris 1, Max 8, Luke 6 out.  This is the last time we will be voting individually.

Jason

Christopher

Max

Luke

Okay it's time for the Top 3 from each!  I changed the numbers so you just vote for whichever one to eliminate.

2.  Jason and Lorelai have sex, then he breaks the news that she'll have to sleep in the guest room, since he can't have any distractions when he's trying to sleep.  "TV, reading material, unbelievably gorgeous woman. "I should at least get billing over the TV." "It's plasma."  (TNaTP)

3.  Jason and Lorelai have to pretend to be dating - while hiding that they really are dating - at the Rare Manuscripts Acquisition Fundraiser, because Lorelai didn't know to bring a man.  "So who else is joining us?" "No one. We brought one of Richard's coats to hang over the chair."  (Nag Hammadi)

4.  Chris sends Lorelai a special gift basket for her graduation - a $25 savings bond, a youth hostel card, a DVD of The Graduate, a necklace.  "The pearl almost looks real."  "It better look very real, because it is."  (LGD)

5.  Chris and Lorelai dance at Miss Patty's to show Dean and Rory how it's done.  "Okay, I'm adopted."  (PLG)

7.  Max and Lorelai sit on her front porch, she admires her engagement ring.  "I'm getting married."  (Sadie, Sadie)

8.  Max leaves a message on Lorelai's answering machine, which she listens to over and over.  "Lorelai, it's Max.  Medina.  Maaax Medina."  (L&W&S)

9.  Max and Lorelai double-date with Rory and Dean.  The girls run off for ice cream while Dean gives Max advice.  "Don't ever use the last of the parmesan cheese. And never get into a heavy discussion late at night 'cause that's when they're at their crankiest."  (RLOTWN)

10.  Luke and Lorelai have their first real date at Sniffy's.  He knows the owners.  "No, no, no garlic. I mean, give the boy a chance."  Lorelai reads the entire back of the menu and Luke declares he is all in.  (WitS)

11.  Luke and Lorelai's first kiss.  "Will you just stand still?"  (R&R)

12.  Luke stays up all night sewing a tarp to salvage Rory's going-away party.  "I just . . . like to see you happy."  (BV)