Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

4 and 7 out!  Still two.

Gran scenes

2.  Jason meets Gran, offers her a gift, and attempts to make polite chit-chat.   "You know, small inns and bed and breakfasts can be real money factories." "Yes, and wonderful places to put all those French antiques." (TISL)

12.  Gran wants to have dinner at the Inn, but it's the same night as the winter carnival.  "Rory, you’re a young person who works hard. It’s equally important to have fun. You go to the carnival.  Lorelai, you’ve had enough fun in your life."  (TDP)

13.  Gran has been renting her home in Hartford to a group of musicians who call themselves Korn.  "They were fine tenants. Took wonderful care of the place. They planted some lovely tulips in the front yard."  (TDP)

14.  Emily scrambles to find hors d'ouevres Gran likes.  "Am I supposed to eat that cheese?"  She brings out the spiced nuts but forgot something to serve them on.  "Thank you, Emily. I suppose I can just put these nuts in my hand."  (TTL)

17.  Emily struggles to find something to do while Gran is in town and suggests the arboretum.  Gran graciously responds "I have no desire to spend the entire day with plants, Emily. I’m not a bee." (TDP)

19.  Trix greets Lorelai after many years.  "So Lorelai, since I’ve seen you last, you’ve grown up, gotten pregnant out of wedlock, raised a child and still haven’t bothered to get married. Have I left anything out?" (TTL)

20.  Trix wants to go into dinner but it's not on table and Emily responds that it's only 5 minutes late. "Only five after? Richard, in the event that I am kidnapped and a ransom is demanded at a certain time, I would prefer that Emily not be in charge of the drop off." (TTL)

21.  Trix wonders if Lorelai is still single by choice, or if she scares the men away with her independence.  "Actually, I scare them with my Minnie Pearl impression." (TDP)

22.  Trix announces that she will be moving back into her Hartford home due to declining health, Richard assures her that they will care for her every need.  Emily asserts herself.  "When she finally got to the last bean, she cut it in six pieces. I swear, I thought Gran was gonna lunge across the table at her."  (TDP)

24.  Trix wonders when the Dragonfly will be up and running.  "Soon."  "I see you measure time like your mother."  (TISL)

Four-way tie.  You guys crack me up.  I'm gonna say 12 and 21 gone this round!  Reluctantly, though, as they both make me laugh.

Still voting against two.

Gran scenes

2.  Jason meets Gran, offers her a gift, and attempts to make polite chit-chat.   "You know, small inns and bed and breakfasts can be real money factories." "Yes, and wonderful places to put all those French antiques." (TISL)

13.  Gran has been renting her home in Hartford to a group of musicians who call themselves Korn.  "They were fine tenants. Took wonderful care of the place. They planted some lovely tulips in the front yard."  (TDP)

14.  Emily scrambles to find hors d'ouevres Gran likes.  "Am I supposed to eat that cheese?"  She brings out the spiced nuts but forgot something to serve them on.  "Thank you, Emily. I suppose I can just put these nuts in my hand."  (TTL)

17.  Emily struggles to find something to do while Gran is in town and suggests the arboretum.  Gran graciously responds "I have no desire to spend the entire day with plants, Emily. I’m not a bee." (TDP)

19.  Trix greets Lorelai after many years.  "So Lorelai, since I’ve seen you last, you’ve grown up, gotten pregnant out of wedlock, raised a child and still haven’t bothered to get married. Have I left anything out?" (TTL)

20.  Trix wants to go into dinner but it's not on table and Emily responds that it's only 5 minutes late. "Only five after? Richard, in the event that I am kidnapped and a ransom is demanded at a certain time, I would prefer that Emily not be in charge of the drop off." (TTL)

22.  Trix announces that she will be moving back into her Hartford home due to declining health, Richard assures her that they will care for her every need.  Emily asserts herself.  "When she finally got to the last bean, she cut it in six pieces. I swear, I thought Gran was gonna lunge across the table at her."  (TDP)

24.  Trix wonders when the Dragonfly will be up and running.  "Soon."  "I see you measure time like your mother."  (TISL)

13, 19 out! Time to drop to voting against one!

Gran scenes

22 it is!

Gran scenes

17 out!

Gran scenes

24 gone!  (That was such a funny one though! Just when you think she'd moved on from harassing Emily about dinner......)

Still voting OUT this round.

Gran scenes

14 out.  Time to vote FOR the one you want to WIN.

Gran scenes

I love both of these, I'll be happy either way.  The "only five minutes late" was the first time we saw just how hilariously snarky she could be (seriously, how is she not Emily's mother rather than Richard's?), and the wordless exchange between her and Jason was truly golden.

2 hours ago, lulu1960 said:

I love the look she gives Jason after the line delivery.

I'm giggling right now just thinking about it.  That look screamed - You want to play with me, child? Let's play.  Bahahahahaha.

The people have spoken!

Jason meets Gran, offers her a gift, and attempts to make polite chit-chat.   "You know, small inns and bed and breakfasts can be real money factories." "Yes, and wonderful places to put all those French antiques." (TISL)

So what do we want to do next?

• Love 1

Yeah we did Luke & Jess not too long ago.  I don't remember doing Michel but it's entirely possible LOL.

Okay let's do Rory & the Grandparents next!  It can be Rory with either or both of them.  Lorelai can be in the scene but the focus needs to be on Rory's interaction with them independent of Lorelai.  Start listing!

Can I nominate the scenes in Love and War and Snow?

How about the scene in Those Are Strings when she takes the initiative to work out a fair deal with her grandparents for Yale's tuition without involving Lorelai?

Richard and Emily showing up at her birthday party in Rory's Birthday Parties announcing to Rory that he's "an autumn".

Rory hugging Richard in the hospital in Forgiveness and Stuff

Rory inviting Emily and Richard to Lorelai's graduation from business school in Lorelai's Graduation Day because she knows it will mean a lot to all of them

Rory working with Richard on her school project in Back in the Saddle Again

I'm not sure if I'm doing this right because I haven't played, but I wanted to try to contribute!

• Love 1

Rory shows the G'rents the fine art of frozen pizza

The grandparents show Rory pictures of Hope and of Lorelai at 16

Emily "Kidnaps" Rory to watch hours of ballroom dancing

Rory chews out Emily for her interference and causing Luke and Lorelai to breakup

Rory breaks down in tears when she tells Richard that she dropped out of Yale

Emily tries to "ground" an adult Rory at the Balalaikas event

Rory gives Emily the dirt on some of the DAR women since she is working for the DAR now

Richard looks at Rory as she hosts the USO themed event and realizes that Rory shouldn't be there.

Rory takes Emily to the potting shed. Emily runs away in distress

Rory takes Emily around Stars Hollow. Emily borrows sneakers, and meets Mrs. Kim.

Rory and Richard bond over golf, Fez, and books.

• Love 1