Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

(edited)

4,`17,19

I already know which 3 I want to win the Season 6 round. I shall see how correct I am. All the rest I could pretty much take or leave.

Edited by lulu1960
  • Love 2

I think most of us are just ready to get S6 and S7 over with, and I don't care enough about any of these (except Sidekick because I love it, and Balalaikas because Jess) to play tie-breaker, so if it gets more than one vote it's out!  Here's what's left.

Season 6:

1.  New and Improved Lorelai

3.  The UnGraduate

5.  We've Got Magic to Do

6.  Welcome to the Dollhouse

7.  21 is the Loneliest Number

8.  Let Me Hear Your Balalaikas Ring Out

9.  The Prodigal Daughter Returns

13.  Friday Night's Alright for Fighting

14.  You've Been Gilmored

18.  The Real Paul Anka

19.  I Get a Sidekick Out of You

3 hours ago, Taryn74 said:

I think most of us are just ready to get S6 and S7 over with, and I don't care enough about any of these (except Sidekick because I love it, and Balalaikas because Jess) to play tie-breaker, so if it gets more than one vote it's out!  Here's what's left.

Those are LITERALLY the two I am hoping move on. I'm also a bit partial to FNAF. Don't really care about the rest. 

1, 5, 6

• Love 1

I'm on the same page as most of you...I love Balalaikas, and then I enjoy Sidekick, FNAFF, AND 21. There are things I really like in all three of those episodes, I'm not really sure which I prefer to the others...guess I'll have to decide soon.

13 hours ago, deaja said:

I hate Balalaikas. I'm going to try to take it down. ;)

What was that sound?  Oh, just a gauntlet being thrown.

I think this round will probably decide it!  Here's what's left.

Season 6:

7.  21 is the Loneliest Number

8.  Let Me Hear Your Balalaikas Ring Out

9.  The Prodigal Daughter Returns

13.  Friday Night's Alright for Fighting

14.  You've Been Gilmored

18.  The Real Paul Anka

19.  I Get a Sidekick Out of You

3 hours ago, Bumblebee Tights said:

I must know why!

It leads to Jess getting all this credit for Rory's turnaround when she seemed to be heading that way and motivated more by wanting to escape E&R than actually going to Yale. I think Logan had the right to be irritated, but he's portrayed as completely wrong. Most people wouldn't want their SO going out with their ex without at least a heads-up. Overall, I hate the way Rory treats E&R in this stretch. Are they perfect? Far from it. But she used them, go tired of them, and discarded them rudely in such short order.

I would like a moment of silence for my beloved Sidekick, please.  *tear*  Much like ADFKT, as long as I ignore Lorelai acting a fool toward the end, this episode ranks up toward the top of my faves of the whole series.  Sigh.

Here's our Season 6 semi-finalists! 21 is the Loneliest Number, Let Me Hear Your Balalaikas Ring Out, Friday Night's Alright for Fighting

There's a light at the end of the tunnel!  Time for Season 7!

1.  The Long Morrow

2.  That's What You Get, Folks, For Makin' Whoopee

3.  Lorelai's First Cotillion

4.  'S Wonderful, 'S Marvelous

5.  The Great Stink

6.  Go, Bulldogs!

7.  French Twist

8.  Introducing Lorelai Planetarium

9.  Knit, People, Knit!

10.  Merry Fisticuffs

11.  Santa's Secret Stuff

12.  To Whom It May Concern

13.  I'd Rather Be In Philadelphia

14.  Farewell, My Pet

15.  I'm a Kayak, Hear Me Roar

16.  Will You Be My Lorelai Gilmore?

17.  Gilmore Girls Only

18.  Hay Bale Maze

19.  It's Just Like Riding a Bike

20.  Lorelai?  Lorelai?

21.  Unto the Breach

22.  Bon Voyage

(edited)
23 hours ago, deaja said:

It leads to Jess getting all this credit for Rory's turnaround when she seemed to be heading that way and motivated more by wanting to escape E&R than actually going to Yale. I think Logan had the right to be irritated, but he's portrayed as completely wrong. Most people wouldn't want their SO going out with their ex without at least a heads-up. Overall, I hate the way Rory treats E&R in this stretch. Are they perfect? Far from it. But she used them, go tired of them, and discarded them rudely in such short order.

All fair points. I completely agree about the idea that Jess 'saved' Rory. I also don't love the way Rory treats Emily and Richard during and immediately following her move home. The show treats it as if it's comparable to Lorelai's situation with E&R, when I feel it's anything but. And yes, I also think that Logan bares no responsibility for Rory's actions re dropping out of Yale, and that it was wrong for Rory to lash out at him about that. He probably also had the right to be irritated about Jess, but I do think he was overly hostile from the start and wasn't without fault. So I guess mostly I just agree with you haha. I just love it anyway. Love the development we see in Jess, I'm relieved that an end is brought to the 'rift' storyline, and I'm always tickled by the L/L sponsoring the soccer team story.

As for S7...

Edited by Bumblebee Tights
Should probably vote...
  • Love 1

4, 5, 7 gone!

Season 7

1.  The Long Morrow

2.  That's What You Get, Folks, For Makin' Whoopee

6.  Go, Bulldogs!

9.  Knit, People, Knit!

10.  Merry Fisticuffs

14.  Farewell, My Pet

17.  Gilmore Girls Only

18.  Hay Bale Maze

20.  Lorelai?  Lorelai?

21.  Unto the Breach

22.  Bon Voyage

2 and 6 out with three votes each, and I don't remember enough about these episodes to play tie-breaker so 1, 9, and 10 are also all out with two votes each.

Season 7

14.  Farewell, My Pet

17.  Gilmore Girls Only

18.  Hay Bale Maze

20.  Lorelai?  Lorelai?

21.  Unto the Breach

22.  Bon Voyage

3, 11, 17

1 minute ago, lulu1960 said:

Anyone notice that the back 12 episodes are still around intact? Coincidence ? I think not.

Nope. For me, the less Christopher, the better. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, lulu1960 said:

3, 8, 11

Anyone notice that the back 12 episodes are still around intact? Coincidence ? I think not.

The back half of the season is much stronger than the first for me, particularly from I'm A Kayak on. My personal feeling is that the worst stretch of the show is the last half of S6 through the first half of S7. I actually usually don't mind watching Christopher even though I don't like him, but I definitely see a direct connection between the resolution of the L/L and Christopher mess and the show getting back on it's feet.

Also I completely agree with you,

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Bumblebee Tights said:

I actually usually don't mind watching Christopher even though I don't like him, but I definitely see a direct connection between the resolution of the L/L and Christopher mess and the show getting back on it's feet.

I agree.  (And I actually liked early Christopher, back before he became all "we belong together and screw anyone else you care about" and started pissing circles around Lorelai every time he was around.)

By the Revival, though, I just felt sorry for him.  He had lost all spark and just seemed defeated by life.  Really sad to compare that Christopher to early Christopher.

• Love 1

3, 8, 11, 17 gone!

Season 7

14.  Farewell, My Pet

18.  Hay Bale Maze

20.  Lorelai?  Lorelai?

21.  Unto the Breach

22.  Bon Voyage

Four-way tie between 13, 14, 15, and 19 so I let them all fly away this round.  Time to vote OUT the final THREE you want to see gone!

Season 7

18.  Hay Bale Maze

20.  Lorelai?  Lorelai?

21.  Unto the Breach

22.  Bon Voyage