Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

4, 15, 18 are gone.

You know, looking over the list, while S4 is a very solid season, there's just not that many eps that I feel very strongly about.  Interesting.

Season 4:

5.  The Fundamental Things Apply

6.  An Affair to Remember

7.  The Festival of Living Art

8.  Die, Jerk

9.  Ted Koppel's Big Night Out

10.  The Nanny and the Professor

11.  In the Clamor and the Clangor

13.  Nag Hammadi is Where They Found the Gnostic Gospels

16.  The Reigning Lorelai

19.  Afterboom

20.  The Trilogy - Luke Can See Her Face; Last Week Fights, This Week Tights; Raincoats & Recipes

7, 11, 16

I really hate L&R in The Festival of Living Art. They're both so manipulative. The other two votes are because I don't love those quite as much as others. 

44 minutes ago, deaja said:

I really hate L&R in The Festival of Living Art. They're both so manipulative. 

Ha ha, FoLA is one of the eps I really like.  I think it's because the idea of the Living Pictures is just so dang cool.  That's the kind of thing I'd enjoy going to see.

6, 8, 19 this round!

Season 4:

7.  The Festival of Living Art

9.  Ted Koppel's Big Night Out

11.  In the Clamor and the Clangor

20.  The Trilogy - Luke Can See Her Face; Last Week Fights, This Week Tights; Raincoats & Recipes

I have an irrational yet burning hatred of ITCATC so I'm happy to get to cast the tie-breaking vote to get it out of here at last, along with 7 and 9.  Time to vote OUT the final TWO you don't want to see go to the semi-finals.

Season 4:

1 hour ago, Bumblebee Tights said:

10 (which I've been voting for all round, lol, I guess I'll have to rewatch and see what I'm missing)

LOL!!  I hate Tobin but the Michel babysitting stuff is golden.  Also I'm intrigued by Paris and Asher's relationship.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, Taryn74 said:

LOL!!  I hate Tobin but the Michel babysitting stuff is golden.  Also I'm intrigued by Paris and Asher's relationship.

I absolutely agree with this. Baby Crepe is never not funny.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, lulu1960 said:

I absolutely agree with this. Baby Crepe is never not funny.

Truman.

I will always laugh at Truman.

Okay I'm fairly happy with these so I'm not complaining, but I would love some insight into Nag Hammadi over The Reigning Lorelai?  Anyone?

I've got to go fix some lunch and move laundry around, will post Season 5 in a bit.

Season 4:

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Taryn74 said:

I would love some insight into Nag Hammadi over The Reigning Lorelai?

Gosh, yes!  What are the redeeming features of Nag?  It's one of my least favorites!  Potayto/Potahto apparently. 

(edited)

On Nag Hammadi, I enjoy Luke teasing Jess about his car should be  a float. I get a kick out of Kirk running the Firelight Festival. "Roger. Roger." Has some great Gypsy scenes. The "handful of Barbie" scene is one of my faves. The Firelight Festival is pretty, and Luke give Lorelai the earrings. Plus, Rory running away from Jess makes me giggle.

Edited by lulu1960
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, lulu1960 said:

On Nag Hammadi, I enjoy Luke teasing Jess about his car should be in a float. I get a kick out of Kirk running the Firelight Festival. "Roger. Roger." Has some great Gypsy scenes. The "handful of Barbie" scene is one of my faves. The Firelight Festival is pretty, and Luke give Lorelai the earrings. Plus, Rory running away from Jess makes me giggle.

Ah, see I totally forgot that all that happened in NH.  All I could remember about it was the fancy dinner where Lorelai and Jason had to pretend they were dating.

• Love 1

I love Jason and Lorelai, so Nag Hammadi is funny for me. Especially when Emily is scolding them that they couldn't look like less of a couple if they wanted.  I had forgotten that that is the episode where Jess is so awful to Luke though.  I probably would have voted against it if I remembered, but I'm also not a huge TRL fan.

Plus:

"I'm going to make out in the coat room. Don't eat my chicken."

"That's going on your tombstone."

(edited)

On the Nanny and the Professor- Michel rolling baby 'Truman'/'It' under the bed is wonderful, you all are right. I also forgot that this is the episode where Emily hosts a tour of the house during FND and Richard is incensed. I love that every time! I think I just tend to associate the episode with Tobin and with Asher/Paris, which is one of the few things in S4 that I don't enjoy.  I guess it IS interesting, but I'm sort of with Rory on this one.

On Nag Hammadi- Ditto to what everyone else has already said. I'd also add that even though Jess is totally horrible to Luke here, overall I liked that scene as well. NOT that I agree with Jess, it's just that when he says: 

"You make it so that when people fail you..they get to feel like not only did they screw up, but they also disappointed you. You interfere and you make everything worse."

What I hear is:

"I feel horrible that I disappointed you. Having you in my life has made it worse for me to fail because I feel like I failed you"

This is when we can really start to see what Luke means to Jess, and it's when he starts to turn around, I think, even though it came out horribly.

Reigning Lorelai is great too though. Seriously, I just love S4.

Edited by Bumblebee Tights
Autocorrect is not my friend.
  • Love 1
46 minutes ago, Bumblebee Tights said:

I also forgot that this is the episode where Emily hosts a tour of the house during FND and Richard is incensed. I love that every time!

Ha ha ha it cracks me up so much when Lorelai is at the door and all these people just keep coming up behind her!  She's just looking around like what in the actual eff?  

• Love 1
Just now, Taryn74 said:

Ha ha ha it cracks me up so much when Lorelai is at the door and all these people just keep coming up behind her!  She's just looking around like what in the actual eff?  

And when she is asked for her ticket?  And when Richard says "Well, now he's just baiting me!"

Ah, see I totally forgot that all that happened in NH.  All I could remember about it was the fancy dinner where Lorelai and Jason had to pretend they were dating.

That and the stupid joke in Latin that everyone thinks is hilarious.  

LORD.  Completely forgot to come in here and put up Season 5.  I had my paper out and ready to tally votes, and there are no votes to tally!  Geeez.

So, Season 5!

1.  Say Goodbye to Daisy Miller

2.  A Messenger, Nothing More

3.  Written in the Stars

4.  Tippecanoe and Taylor, Too

5.  We Got Us a Pippi Virgin

6.  Norman Mailer, I'm Pregnant!

7.  You Jump, I Jump, Jack

8.  The Party's Over

9.  Emily Says Hello

10.  But Not As Cute As Pushkin

11.  Women of Questionable Morals

12.  Come Home

13.  Wedding Bell Blues

14.  Say Something

15.  Jews & Chinese Food

16.  So . . . Good Talk

17.  Pulp Friction

18.  To Live and Let Diorama

19.  But I'm a Gilmore!

20.  How Many Kropogs to Cape Cod?

21.  Blame Booze and Melville

22.  A House is Not a Home

(Ugh, I don't envy you guys.  There's only about three, maybe four episodes here that don't fill me with anger just thinking about.)

• Love 1

I almost tagged you last night when you were guessing in Hangman but hadn't put up the Season 5 list, but on the off chance you hadn't forgotten, I decided it would be obnoxious, @Taryn74.

I vote against 21, 21, and 21.

If that's not allowed, I vote against 21, 5, and 15.

28 minutes ago, lulu1960 said:

deaja, what you feel for 21, I feel for 20

Me too. I sometimes think Kropogs is my least favorite in the entire series... but then I remember about Vineyard Valentine.

So a big fat 20, and and then 21, and 8. In that order.

3 hours ago, deaja said:

Kropogs is probably in my top 5 favorite episodes from Season 5. 

6358107318409454471108611828_42634bc0-58

I hate Emily's behavior. I hate Logan's behavior. I hate Rory's behavior.  (I just went back to read the transcript again to see if there was any redeeming quality. Nope still hate it)

• Love 2
4 hours ago, lulu1960 said:

I hate Emily's behavior. I hate Logan's behavior. I hate Rory's behavior.

Emily=unctuous

Logan=smarmy

Rory=servile

Ugh, ugh, ugh.  That episode is on my top two on the hate scale.

• Love 1

5, 20, 21 gone!

23 hours ago, deaja said:

Kropogs is probably in my top 5 favorite episodes from Season 5. 

Oooh, I'm intrigued!  What do you like/love about it??  (And the gif is cracking me up, too.)

Season 5

1.  Say Goodbye to Daisy Miller

2.  A Messenger, Nothing More

3.  Written in the Stars

4.  Tippecanoe and Taylor, Too

6.  Norman Mailer, I'm Pregnant!

7.  You Jump, I Jump, Jack

8.  The Party's Over

9.  Emily Says Hello

10.  But Not As Cute As Pushkin

11.  Women of Questionable Morals

12.  Come Home