Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

We have our winner!

Rory finds out she's got a new job. She leaves in three days. "So, this is it. This is the last time we'll see you for who knows how long." "Oh, yeah, I guess it is." "After-dinner drinks for sure." (Bon Voyage)

Does anyone remember if we had discussed what to do next??

• Love 2

I think it would be fun to do a character one.  Just all the main/substantial characters. Maybe you did that before, but it was before I started posting here and we have several new posters as well.  If we're doing Jackson and Sookie next, maybe we could do characters after that?

15 minutes ago, deaja said:

I think it would be fun to do a character one.  Just all the main/substantial characters. Maybe you did that before, but it was before I started posting here and we have several new posters as well.  If we're doing Jackson and Sookie next, maybe we could do characters after that?

Yeah. We could definitely do characters next.  I'll start off with some Sookie and Jackson

Jackson brings Sookie peaches and she rolls one on the floor

Jackson proposes. "Are you pregnant?"

Sookie asks Jackson if he would like to go out some time. She twirls her hair with a spoon

Jackson asks if Sookie wants there baby to roll into a drawer with Knives Sookie says "It wouldn't be good"

Jackson and Sookie argue about the baptism. Sookie tries to do math

Sookie and Jackson have dinner with Luke and Lorelai. Jackson is the Burger King

Sookie and Jackson try to get Davy to turn down the TV

Sookie wants to "man" the house up. There is a bear involved

Sookie chases Jackson around the square after she buys strawberries from somewhere else.

Their first date

The time when he made a new fruit and she was really excited for him

Tippecanoe and Taylor too

Where she forces him to get a vasectomy (just so I have the pleasure of voting this out ASAP)

She has to pretend she doesn't know Davy will be a boy and they aren't speaking over the name Colgate.

A Tisket and a Tasket - Jackson proposes moving in together and she cracks up laughing, thinking he's joking.

Jackson is surprised when Sookie doesn't object to his wearing a kilt, but she won't let him wear shorts.  "Shorts cut you funny."  

Sookie's talking to Lorelai about how all Jackson could say was "oh boy" about how much the new baby was going to cost, but then when he finally comes to bed, he tells Sookie how happy he really is and they kiss goodnight.  

Jackson feeds Sookie home grown tomatoes. "Boys leave us."

Jackson tries to install an intercom system for Sookie.

Sookie tell Jackson to summon up his "protectiveness" when Luke them to hurry up and eat.

Edited by lulu1960
4 minutes ago, Taryn74 said:

I'm getting ready to start prepping these for the game.  I have no recollection of this scene whatsoever - help!

Sookie is on bed rest, Luke wouldn't let her taste his food at home, so she came to the inn.  Jackson is mad at Luke, so Jackson won't slow down so Lorelai can ride.  Sookie's asking Lorelai for Luke's recipe for his pork chops.  (But I'm A Gilmore, S05E19)

• Love 3

1.  Jackson brings Sookie peaches and she rolls one on the floor.  "Smaller means watery."  (TLFDAC)

2.  Jackson proposes after saving Sookie's goat cheese basket from Kirk.  "I think we should get married.  Soon."  "Are you pregnant?"  (A'Tisket A'Tasket)

3.  Sookie runs with the wolves and makes the second move toward making a date with Jackson.  She twirls her hair with a wooden spoon while leaving him a rambling message on his cell phone.  "I was wondering if you could call me back when you get a chance, sooner rather than later, it’s not an emergency so don’t freak out or anything.  The carrots still look good.  It seems like it’s almost a shame to eat them, sort of like you should put them in a vase or - "  "Sookie, hang up."  (Double Date)

4.  Jackson freaks out about the baby.  "Oh boy, oh boy, ohhh boy!"  He insists Sookie gets rid of all of her knives so Baby doesn't fall on one and hurt himself.  "You mean, what if Baby rolled off the sink and into the open second drawer?  It wouldn't be good."  Later he calms down, tells Sookie he's happy about the baby, and kisses her goodnight.  (The Big One)

5.  Jackson and Sookie argue about the baptism.  "I'm just saying if you don't believe in the religious aspect of it, then it's like a bath. As simple and as brief as a bath."  Sookie hurts her head trying to do math.  She gets excited when she finds out Jackson has to be baptized too.  (Always a Godmother, Never a God)

6.  Sookie and Jackson have dinner with Lorelai and Luke.  Jackson is the burger king.  "It is not lost on me that the burgers with my world-famous rub are almost gone, while your butter burgers are still sitting there on the plate."  (TPDR)

7.  Luke and Lorelai have dinner with Sookie and Jackson.  They try to figure out which crime show Jackson watched the night before and keep yelling at Davey to turn the TV down.  "That's how he learns."  (We've Got Magic to Do)

8.  Sookie insists on "manning up" the house after Jackson moves in.  There's a bear involved.  "It’s terrifying! I swear I’m gonna come out in the middle of the night for a drink of water, turn around, hit the floor and play dead!"  (Lazy Hazy Crazy Days of Summer)

9.  Jackson catches Sookie buying another man's strawberries.  "I needed the strawberries!"  "Well now you have 'em. I hope you're happy together."  (Kill Me Now)

10.  Jackson and Sookie have their first date.  "Hi, Jackson." "Sookie! H...hi."  "Hi."  "Hi."  "Hi."  "Hi."  "...Hi."  (Double Date)

11.  Jackson successfully grows his first hybrid fruit.  "Open your mouth and close your eyes."  It's like a berry but way more exotic.  (Rory's Birthday Parties)

12.  Sookie has big hair and helps Jackson get elected Town Selectman.   "I just voted for my husband. Gimme that sticker. When I married him, I never thought that someday he'd go into politics. Of course, his winning the line-dance championship was also a bit of a shocker, so what the hell do I know?"  (Tippecanoe and Taylor, Too)

13.  Sookie informs Jackson he's getting a vasectomy.  Right now.  "I probably should have brought it up sooner, sorry."  (Blame Booze and Melville)

14.  Sookie has to pretend she doesn't know Davey is going to be a boy and they fight over the name Colgate.  "We are not naming our daughter after a toothpaste!"  (The Fundamental Things Apply)

15.  Jackson suggests moving in together and Sookie cracks up, thinking he's joking.  "Jackson, stop, you're gonna give me a cramp!"  (Red Light on the Wedding Night)

16.  Jackson finds 68 pounds of pot and he and Sookie have to figure out how to get rid of it.  He told the Templeton brothers to weed the back half-acre.  "They're not the smartest of fellows."  (Driving Miss Gilmore)

17.  Jackson and Sookie go see a Broadway show with Lorelai and Alex.  "I'm sad, I'm mad, I'm sad, I'm mad."  (Swan Song)

18.  Jackson finds out he has to wear a kilt at his wedding.  "You won't let me wear shorts in public, and you're gonna let me get married in this?"  "Shorts cut you funny!"  (ICGS)

19.  Jackson feeds Sookie hothouse tomatoes.  "Boys, leave us, please."  (Tippecanoe and Taylor, Too)

20.  Jackson tries to install an intercom service in the house so they can hear in the baby's room.  "Roger, roger, Jackson. We're receiving some feedback.  I repeat, we're receiving some feed--"  (The Hobbit, The Sofa, and Digger Styles)

21.  Sookie tells Jackson to summon up his protectiveness when Luke tries to rush them out of the diner.  "Argh-eee! Luke."  "In five minutes, you're all gone."  (Tick, Tick, Tick, Boom)

22.  Jackson steals a golf cart so Sookie can remain lying down while she goes to the inn to spy on Luke's cooking.  Jackson won't slow down so Lorelai can ride.  Sookie is taking home some of the lamb chops to study.  (BIAG!)

23.  Sookie needs Jackson to be the Squire of Bracebridge.  She ignores him until he says yes.  "As long as it's not just because I fit the costume. .... It's because I fit the costume, isn't it?"  (Bracebridge Dinner)

24.  Jackson is upset Sookie got Lorelai's opinion on Four in Four.  "Jackson, just please calm down." "I will calm down. I’ll calm down at home." "But what about the contest?" "To hell with the contest! I'm quitting the contest. That is, if it's okay with Lorelai, or Luke, or that strange man in the corner who I've never met. Excuse me, strange man in the corner? Is it okay if I quit this contest?"  (TSG,DT?)

25.  Jackson kicks Sookie out of the kitchen when she won't stop trying to take over his cooking her dinner.  "I wasn't cooking, I was suggesting."  "Well, you 'suggested' the ladle right out of my hand four times!"  (The Breakup, Part 2)

Edited by Taryn74
  • Love 1

30's usually our lucky number, so start voting against three!

1.  Jackson brings Sookie peaches and she rolls one on the floor.  "Smaller means watery."  (TLFDAC)

2.  Jackson proposes after saving Sookie's goat cheese basket from Kirk.  "I think we should get married.  Soon."  "Are you pregnant?"  (A'Tisket A'Tasket)

3.  Sookie runs with the wolves and makes the second move toward making a date with Jackson.  She twirls her hair with a wooden spoon while leaving him a rambling message on his cell phone.  "I was wondering if you could call me back when you get a chance, sooner rather than later, it’s not an emergency so don’t freak out or anything.  The carrots still look good.  It seems like it’s almost a shame to eat them, sort of like you should put them in a vase or - "  "Sookie, hang up."  (Double Date)

4.  Jackson freaks out about the baby.  "Oh boy, oh boy, ohhh boy!"  He insists Sookie gets rid of all of her knives so Baby doesn't fall on one and hurt himself.  "You mean, what if Baby rolled off the sink and into the open second drawer?  It wouldn't be good."  Later he calms down, tells Sookie he's happy about the baby, and kisses her goodnight.  (The Big One)

5.  Jackson and Sookie argue about the baptism.  "I'm just saying if you don't believe in the religious aspect of it, then it's like a bath. As simple and as brief as a bath."  Sookie hurts her head trying to do math.  She gets excited when she finds out Jackson has to be baptized too.  (Always a Godmother, Never a God)

6.  Sookie and Jackson have dinner with Lorelai and Luke.  Jackson is the burger king.  "It is not lost on me that the burgers with my world-famous rub are almost gone, while your butter burgers are still sitting there on the plate."  (TPDR)

7.  Luke and Lorelai have dinner with Sookie and Jackson.  They try to figure out which crime show Jackson watched the night before and keep yelling at Davey to turn the TV down.  "That's how he learns."  (We've Got Magic to Do)

8.  Sookie insists on "manning up" the house after Jackson moves in.  There's a bear involved.  "It’s terrifying! I swear I’m gonna come out in the middle of the night for a drink of water, turn around, hit the floor and play dead!"  (Lazy Hazy Crazy Days of Summer)

9.  Jackson catches Sookie buying another man's strawberries.  "I needed the strawberries!"  "Well now you have 'em. I hope you're happy together."  (Kill Me Now)

10.  Jackson and Sookie have their first date.  "Hi, Jackson." "Sookie! H...hi."  "Hi."  "Hi."  "Hi."  "Hi."  "...Hi."  (Double Date)

11.  Jackson successfully grows his first hybrid fruit.  "Open your mouth and close your eyes."  It's like a berry but way more exotic.  (Rory's Birthday Parties)

12.  Sookie has big hair and helps Jackson get elected Town Selectman.   "I just voted for my husband. Gimme that sticker. When I married him, I never thought that someday he'd go into politics. Of course, his winning the line-dance championship was also a bit of a shocker, so what the hell do I know?"  (Tippecanoe and Taylor, Too)

13.  Sookie informs Jackson he's getting a vasectomy.  Right now.  "I probably should have brought it up sooner, sorry."  (Blame Booze and Melville)

14.  Sookie has to pretend she doesn't know Davey is going to be a boy and they fight over the name Colgate.  "We are not naming our daughter after a toothpaste!"  (The Fundamental Things Apply)

15.  Jackson suggests moving in together and Sookie cracks up, thinking he's joking.  "Jackson, stop, you're gonna give me a cramp!"  (Red Light on the Wedding Night)

16.  Jackson finds 68 pounds of pot and he and Sookie have to figure out how to get rid of it.  He told the Templeton brothers to weed the back half-acre.  "They're not the smartest of fellows."  (Driving Miss Gilmore)

17.  Jackson and Sookie go see a Broadway show with Lorelai and Alex.  "I'm sad, I'm mad, I'm sad, I'm mad."  (Swan Song)

18.  Jackson finds out he has to wear a kilt at his wedding.  "You won't let me wear shorts in public, and you're gonna let me get married in this?"  "Shorts cut you funny!"  (ICGS)

19.  Jackson feeds Sookie hothouse tomatoes.  "Boys, leave us, please."  (Tippecanoe and Taylor, Too)

20.  Jackson tries to install an intercom service in the house so they can hear in the baby's room.  "Roger, roger, Jackson. We're receiving some feedback.  I repeat, we're receiving some feed--"  (The Hobbit, The Sofa, and Digger Styles)

21.  Sookie tells Jackson to summon up his protectiveness when Luke tries to rush them out of the diner.  "Argh-eee! Luke."  "In five minutes, you're all gone."  (Tick, Tick, Tick, Boom)

22.  Jackson steals a golf cart so Sookie can remain lying down while she goes to the inn to spy on Luke's cooking.  Jackson won't slow down so Lorelai can ride.  Sookie is taking home some of the lamb chops to study.  (BIAG!)

23.  Sookie needs Jackson to be the Squire of Bracebridge.  She ignores him until he says yes.  "As long as it's not just because I fit the costume. .... It's because I fit the costume, isn't it?"  (Bracebridge Dinner)

24.  Jackson is upset Sookie got Lorelai's opinion on Four in Four.  "Jackson, just please calm down." "I will calm down. I’ll calm down at home." "But what about the contest?" "To hell with the contest! I'm quitting the contest. That is, if it's okay with Lorelai, or Luke, or that strange man in the corner who I've never met. Excuse me, strange man in the corner? Is it okay if I quit this contest?"  (TSG,DT?)

25.  Jackson kicks Sookie out of the kitchen when she won't stop trying to take over his cooking her dinner.  "I wasn't cooking, I was suggesting."  "Well, you 'suggested' the ladle right out of my hand four times!"  (The Breakup, Part 2)

26.  Jackson tries to talk Sookie into stuffing a zucchini tush instead of squash blossoms.  "You want me to serve my customers a genetically engineered vegetable that's named after a butt?"  (Paris is Burning)

27.  Jackson brings pea tendrils instead of brussel sprouts, because the sprouts weren't good enough, but Sookie's not having it.  Jackson makes the mistake of saying he's trying to save her dinner.  "My dinner is out standing on a ledge. Oh no! What’s gonna happen? .... Oh wait! What’s that? It’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s Super Jackson and his atomic pea tendrils!"  (I Solemnly Swear)

28.  Sookie and Jackson spring the news on Lorelai that they're having a home birth.  There's talk of buckets and plastic sheets and 'hey batter, batter, batter'.  "What comes out of her here, stays here."  (Festival of Living Art)

29.  Jackson buys Sookie all the pregnancy cravings food she wanted and she's grossed out by the sound of it all.  She apologizes for being so crazy and impossible.   "I'll tell you what -- I'll deal with as much moodiness and food weirdness as you can dish out as long as you do the actual "squeezing a human being out of your body" part."  (Emily Says Hello)

30.  Jackson helps Sookie prepare a feast for a 'welcome to Stars Hollow' dinner for Jess.  He doesn't think grilled cheese is necessary since there's already pot roast, chicken wings, mashed potatoes, and four kinds of salad.  Sookie says he's probably right.  "So I should start slicing the cheese?"  "Would you?  Oh, that'd be great."  (Nick & Nora, Sid & Nancy)

We seem to all be in agreement to get rid of the most unpleasant moments first.  7, 13, and (with my vote) 6 are outta here!  Good riddance, all.  Continue to vote against three.

26.  Jackson tries to talk Sookie into stuffing a zucchini tush instead of squash blossoms.  "You want me to serve my customers a genetically engineered vegetable that's named after a butt?"  (Paris is Burning)

27.  Jackson brings pea tendrils instead of brussel sprouts, because the sprouts weren't good enough, but Sookie's not having it.  Jackson makes the mistake of saying he's trying to save her dinner.  "My dinner is out standing on a ledge. Oh no! What’s gonna happen? .... Oh wait! What’s that? It’s a bird, it’s a plane, it’s Super Jackson and his atomic pea tendrils!"  (I Solemnly Swear)

28.  Sookie and Jackson spring the news on Lorelai that they're having a home birth.  There's talk of buckets and plastic sheets and 'hey batter, batter, batter'.  "What comes out of her here, stays here."  (Festival of Living Art)

29.  Jackson buys Sookie all the pregnancy cravings food she wanted and she's grossed out by the sound of it all.  She apologizes for being so crazy and impossible.   "I'll tell you what -- I'll deal with as much moodiness and food weirdness as you can dish out as long as you do the actual "squeezing a human being out of your body" part."  (Emily Says Hello)

30.  Jackson helps Sookie prepare a feast for a 'welcome to Stars Hollow' dinner for Jess.  He doesn't think grilled cheese is necessary since there's already pot roast, chicken wings, mashed potatoes, and four kinds of salad.  Sookie says he's probably right.  "So I should start slicing the cheese?"  "Would you?  Oh, that'd be great."  (Nick & Nora, Sid & Nancy)

Well we had one (16) with three votes, and five with two votes, LOL.  So I got to play tie-breaker again.  5 and 17 are outtie!  Continue to vote against three.

Had to do some tie-breaking voting, but 12, 19, and 21 are now gone!  Let's continue to vote against three.