Type keyword(s) to search

Gilmore Girls Elimination Game

• Start Topic

One more for an even 32?

When Paris explains to Rory why she needs her to run as her VP in I Can't Get Started ("You’re quiet, you say excuse me, you look like little birds help you get dressed in the morning.")

Either way: 4, 8, 21

Edited by eledgy
  • Love 1

Updated list...if this newest addition changes anyone's votes, just let me know :) 

1.  Rory loses it after she shows up too late to take her big test in Mr. Medina's class (The Deer Hunters)
2.  Madeline hates the word 'blood' and freaks out during the Blood Drive discussion (??? - maybe ISS)
3.  Rory and Lorelai agree that Chilton isn't quite so big and scary anymore (TASP)
4.  Tristan and Dean get into a fight at the dance (Rory's Dance)
5.  Paris' cousin Jacob asks Rory out (Rory's Dance)
6.  Rory realizes all of her schoolmates got invited to her birthday party (RBP)
7.  Sookie sets the bake sale table on fire (Cinnamon's Wake, I think)
8.Lorelei kisses Max (Paris is Burning)
9.Rory gets caught ringing the headmaster's bell with the Puffs (Like Mother, Like Daughter)
10. Lane watching Henry perform in Romeo and Juliet (Run Away Little Boy)
11. The fencing match between Rory and Paris (I Solemnly Swear)
12.  Lorelai is relieved that the Booster Club moms don't actually wear matching sweatshirts (LMLD)
13.  Lorelai and Sookie try to subtly watch Sherry and Christopher at the debate (ISHBL)
14.  The men discuss insurance and architecture at Rory's graduation (TASP)
15. Rory beats Paris to the punch on the Martin Luther question (TLFDAC?)
16. Rory is joined by her fellow reading/headphoned classmate at end of LMLD
17. Rory's graduation speech (TASP)
18. Paris describing her "Felicity" dilemma to Lorelai (TASP?)
19. Lorelei shows off her "laundry day" outfit in Headmaster Charleston's office (LDAC)
20. Lorelei asks if parents can attend the big test. (Deer Hunters?)
21. Rory tells Dean, "I love you, you idiot". (Love, Daisies, and Troubadours)
22.  Nanny comes to Paris' graduation, and brings the kids (TASP)
23.  Tristan tries to ask Rory to the dance (Rory's Dance)
24.  Paris tells Headmaster Charleston "No hard feelings" at graduation, hee!  (TASP)
25.  Lorelai goes off on Headmaster after Rory is not allowed to take her test (The Deer Hunters)
26.  Paris shows up for the CNN debate in sweats and a ponytail, Richard falls asleep (The Big One)
27.  Paris tries to psych out her opponents during the speech contest.  Brad is "winningly naïve".  (TBO)
28.  Tristan is being sent to military school, he and Rory share a nice goodbye.  (RALB)
29.  Madeline, Louise, and Paris hide in the bushes and read Rory's file (TLFDAC)
30.  Paris assigns Rory the piece on repaving the school parking lot and Rory turns it into a "bittersweet piece on how everybody and everything eventually becomes obsolete".  (N&N, S&N)
31.  Rory has to interview Max after he and Lorelai don't get married (N&N, S&N)

32. When Paris explains to Rory why she needs her to run as her VP in I Can't Get Started ("You’re quiet, you say excuse me, you look like little birds help you get dressed in the morning.")

I'll go with (well, against!) 4, 8 and 21! 

1.  Rory loses it after she shows up too late to take her big test in Mr. Medina's class (The Deer Hunters)
2.  Madeline hates the word 'blood' and freaks out during the Blood Drive discussion (??? - maybe ISS)
3.  Rory and Lorelai agree that Chilton isn't quite so big and scary anymore (TASP)
6.  Rory realizes all of her schoolmates got invited to her birthday party (RBP)
9.Rory gets caught ringing the headmaster's bell with the Puffs (Like Mother, Like Daughter)
12.  Lorelai is relieved that the Booster Club moms don't actually wear matching sweatshirts (LMLD)
13.  Lorelai and Sookie try to subtly watch Sherry and Christopher at the debate (ISHBL)
19. Lorelei shows off her "laundry day" outfit in Headmaster Charleston's office (LDAC)
20. Lorelei asks if parents can attend the big test. (Deer Hunters?)
24.  Paris tells Headmaster Charleston "No hard feelings" at graduation, hee!  (TASP)
25.  Lorelai goes off on Headmaster after Rory is not allowed to take her test (The Deer Hunters)
26.  Paris shows up for the CNN debate in sweats and a ponytail, Richard falls asleep (The Big One)
27.  Paris tries to psych out her opponents during the speech contest.  Brad is "winningly naïve".  (TBO)
28.  Tristan is being sent to military school, he and Rory share a nice goodbye.  (RALB)
29.  Madeline, Louise, and Paris hide in the bushes and read Rory's file (TLFDAC)
30.  Paris assigns Rory the piece on repaving the school parking lot and Rory turns it into a "bittersweet piece on how everybody and everything eventually becomes obsolete".  (N&N, S&N)
31.  Rory has to interview Max after he and Lorelai don't get married (N&N, S&N)
32. When Paris explains to Rory why she needs her to run as her VP in I Can't Get Started ("You’re quiet, you say excuse me, you look like little birds help you get dressed in the morning.")

4, 8 and 21 are history, and the next round is open! We're still voting against three :) 

2, 19 and 20 are gone, and the next round is open! We're still voting against three :) 

5, 13 and 29 are gone, and the next round is open! This is the time we'll have to vote against three :) 

Well this just got hard.  There's a couple I still really dislike though.

9 - Because the Puffs have supposedly been a thing for decades, and they've been doing this bell-ringing thing for decades, and this secret society thing (and the Puffs specifically) is supposedly such a huge deal at Chilton for decades, and yet the Headmaster is just now finding out about it and has a cow about them "breaking in" to...ring a bell?  No property damage, no injuries, just lighting a candle and ringing a bell, and that's worthy of calling parents and cops and who knows what?  I call shenanigans.

11 - Because it's tied to the Francie/Puffs thing and that really drives me crazy.  See rant above.

15 - Just not as memorable.

• Love 1

7, 9 and 12 are gone, and the next round is open! We're down to voting against just TWO... 

I'll go with the flow and go against 1 and 15 as well, so those are history! The next round is open, and we're still voting against two...and, argh, this is really hard! 

3 and 6 are history! I was about to cyber-cry about these recent eliminations and claim they're gone too soon, but then I looked at the list and realized I love pretty much every remaining item, so they're ALL going to feel like they're gone too soon :) The next round is open, and we're still voting against two! 

23 and 26 are history, and the next round is open! We're still voting against two :)