Type keyword(s) to search

Hawkeye

• Start Topic

I read the first collection last night. It's enjoyable and I much prefer the art style in it to the Young Avengers Hawkeye comic they tacked on at the end. It's like I was stabbed in the eye with an airbrush.

Of course I liked the dog storyline. It's good but I'm not getting great out of it yet.

Also, the stretched fonts in the credits page drive me nuts!

I read the first collection last night. It's enjoyable and I much prefer the art style in it to the Young Avengers Hawkeye comic they tacked on at the end. It's like I was stabbed in the eye with an airbrush.

Ouch, Alan Davis isn't even the regular Young Avengers artist. He's actually good for the regular type superhero stuff I like his work in other things like Excalibur and Batman. They tacked the story on at the end to show how Clint met Katie. 

Just finished the first volume and really like it. Clint's always a great character but his solo series never arouse much interest until this one. If they ever do a Hawkeye movie(hopefully after a Black Widow one) they can probably adapt some of these stories.

Edited by VCRTracking

I loved how Fraction was writing Kate at the beginning, but he's had her become way too ditzy in her solo stories during the more recent issues. I'm not necessarily against whimsy in general; it just doesn't work coming from a formerly serious, mature character.