Type keyword(s) to search

Watch Paige Go Back To School In A Teaser For Season 5 Of The Americans

I missed the last 1.5 seasons...TiVo running out of room etc. But have they actually started making the Americans seem semi-competent yet? I do enjoy a show from the opposite perspective, but man, based on this show, one would think the Soviets won the Cold War based on just the plain competency level of each side.

On 1/23/2017 at 3:21 PM, SomeoneElsa said:

That just made me jump! I really hope we see more of what happened to Martha this season. This is my favorite show - I am interested in ALL of the storylines.

It's ridiculous how very much I want us to get an update on Martha. I'm talking scenes, not just a line or two from Gabriel. I would love it if we got a chance to see how she's adjusting. I never would have thought upon first being introduced to her character how compelling I'd find her to be. 

As for the teaser with Paige--I loved it. It brings the intensity without giving anything away. I'm generally a spoiler addict but with this show, I love going into it not knowing anything. 

• Love 4
On 1/29/2017 at 6:34 PM, Avaleigh said:

I never would have thought upon first being introduced to her character how compelling I'd find her to be. 

I'm not so sure. I think that character had a role to play, and it's sort of over. The role, as I see it, basically was to make Philip rue having taken advantage of a pretty pathetic character, and one who he developed a sense of responsibility for. I don't think she would add anything to the story any more. By the end, I feel the writers had turned her into this delusional, meek "creature", who was more to be pitied than anything else. And, for me at least, pathos and tragedy are not really entertaining. If I need to feel bad, I watch the news. 

• Love 1