Type keyword(s) to search

S09.E22: The Nail in the Coffin

THE TEAM GETS CLOSER TO DISCOVERING THE IDENTITY OF THE GHOST KILLER – The Jeffersonian team investigates the death of Stephanie McNamara, the daughter of a wealthy family whose remains were found in a national park. When the team digs deeper into the circumstances surrounding her death, clues from the case lead them to believe she may be the Ghost Killer's latest victim, with a surprising connection to a previous victim. Meanwhile, the FBI Deputy Director takes a special interest in the team's high-profile case and Booth's career may be in for some changes.

Their twists? Not very twisty. I guessed Stephanie was the Ghost Killer in the episode where her brother was killed. When we saw the old claw marks on the tack room door, I guess that they were Stephanie's and that had to do with why she was pulling fingernails off the victims.

My speculation is that Deputy Director Stark is the inside man, and when B&B reveal that, it will disrupt Booth's promotion, thus leaving them at the Jeffersonian.

*yawn*

This show is really phoning it in.

Yeah, I watch this show just out of habit.  Nine times out of ten I am doing something else and I look up occasionally to see if Booth and Brennan are interacting in a somewhat interesting way.  They usually aren't, so I go back to what I'm doing. 

On the flip side, I'm watching an old one now, the one where they go to Britian.  So much better.  What happened?

Sometimes it's the little moments of this show that boggle my mind the most.

Example #1: the squints figure out that Kessler is hiding at the old tobacco plant. The next thing we see is Booth and Brennan driving there by themselves. Brennan asks Booth if they called for backup. Because, you know, that wouldn't have occurred to her when he picked her up at the Jeffersonian by himself without any other cars. Booth's response is, "I know guys like Kessler. The quieter we are, the better chance we have of getting him." What? You know this guy has killed more than one person but you're just going to go in without any backup because...FBI agents don't know how to be quiet?

Example #2: Booth shows up at home with one beer from Missouri because that's all the convenience store had and they need alcohol to celebrate. Dude, even 7-11 has more than just beer. But more importantly, you don't live in the middle of nowhere. I'm pretty sure there must have been a grocery store, a liquor store, or hell, a CVS open that would have more than beer. I guess we're also supposed to believe that Booth and Brennan keep absolutely NO alcohol in the house, not even a non-convenience store beer.

A larger nitpick: I can't believe that they would ask Booth's SPOUSE to write an assessment of him.

• Love 2

Catching up on Hulu. I guess I get thinking and write a lot of stuff.

True ElectricBoogaloo, even one like Temperance that would have a chance of giving a non biased rundown on her Hubbies performances. She still should not be considered as a true source of a non biased account. Even Sweets could be considered risky. Sure he is a professional and must work with many FBI Agents, but we see he has a close relationship with Booth.

With the Ghost Killer story it kinda had a lot of big gaps between working on it. At least that we see on TV. Now if even Cam had told that Clark had found out this or that on other episodes then it would kinda tie together better for me that he was spending a large amount of time working on it. Granted the "previously on Bones" segment helped refresh the clues for us, it was still hard to think it was a big case. But as they did with the Pelant case they ended it quite abruptly. All the big build up and pop he's gone.

The title kinda points to a closure of sorts. So it kind of, upon later thinking about it told of something coming to an end. I was confused at times on who did what. Some here say it was so obvious, but I didn't catch it immediatey. Thought it was funny Caroline saying, "Mucky Mucks".

I knew that Booth getting the call to not bring Brennen for the case would not keep her away long. And Booth telling everyone that would listen that Brennen was the best for this case bugged me after awhile. It was Cam's call, she is the boss! I first thought that the family would have seen the hanging body a little quicker. Then wait for it to fall on you. Unless they got to the camping spot as dark set in. The nails from every victim really put it that Stephanie McNamara was the Ghost Killer. They had her long list of victims. Her brother Trent and especially father Giles should have been put away years ago. The gardener Donna Hastings was my first suspect. But then later when they showed that Professor Herman Kessler was killing all that knew about his false imprisonment, I wondered why they didn't think about him going after her. Unless he didn't know. I was also surprised that Booth and Brennen didn't have back up to when they went to the Tobacco warehouse alone to try and catch Kessler. Did they say that Old Dominion Cigarettes went out of business in 1968? Surprised it looked semi clean, and that all that stuff would still be there. Also you'd think some other company would use the building or it would be sold and knocked down to put up a mall or something. I would think that if Stark knew they were heading there that he would at least call for PD as back up. True they never suspected he would be wanting to hang himself. But he could easily have had a weapon to shoot at them or have bombs rigged for intruders. Seeleys shot of the rope was impressive and Kessler saying, " Why did you do that??" was funny. It was bad that he was screwed and put in jail under false pretensions because of money and prestige. But to kill Stephanie McNamara and Congressman(Judge)Steven Palter he must have figured that was his last straw. But he was going to commit suicide wasn't he??

it was nice seeing Caroline on the case. But I was surprised a couple times Seeley stepped up using his leverage to get something done instead of her handing it. Now maybe that was to point to him thinking he will get a promotion and using his position to get what he wants.

I to worry about the new use of Deputy Director Victor Stark being so visible on cases now that Booth is up for promotions. It can either turnout that he is bad and Booths promotion won't have him leave the country, or he won't get the promotion. Or the promotion and move could be a story to give the series a new look and then new cases, or it could be what happens at the end and we feel good for the Booth family riding off into the sunset to European opportunities. But if it is a "reboot" like on the Mentalist, we will probably loose Cam, Sweets, Caroline and the Squint brigade. Angela and Hodges, being now poor could follow them to Europe or stay here and work on. Clark will move up to take her place. In Europe maybe they will run into Zack or Dr. Goodman.