Type keyword(s) to search

Logan

Keith1980
  • Start Topic

I am currently watching mid-season 6 of the show.  And am on the bit where Logan is trying to win Rory back.  And of course the way he feels to do this is by constantly showing up unannounced at her appartment, showering her with multiple gifts, and even trying to get her mother involved.

It actually makes for some good scenes with the pair and Rory and the other characters on the show.  But does anyone else think that Logan's actions are like those of a stalker? If so another thing that make this troubling is that Rory eventually bows down and agrees to go out with him on a date at some point.

Another interesting footnote to this plot is that Logan is once again throwing his money around to try and get something he wants.  One of the big themes of the show is about class and money.  So this is another thing that stood out to me.

Thoughts?

• Love 1

Should this be merged into the Rory and Logan thread? If it's going to be a Logan thread, it needs a new name vote.

But Yes Logan spends a few days trying to win her over with his presence and gifts. He wanted her to hear him out. And sure he was trying to use his money but it isn't the gift brought with money that wins another chance. It's him going to ask Lorelai for help and her writing the letter. 

tumblr_n54ktk3Z8P1qgxyfho1_400.jpg

• Love 3
On 1/11/2017 at 1:48 AM, Deputy Deputy CoS said:

He's not because ber refusal to answer his calls is why he took such drastic measures. He was relentless, but he tried the normal approaches before showing up in places she'd be.

I understand that, but isn't the respectful thing to do if a person doesn't want to see you to just leave them alone?  That way if they decide to contact you again you'll know its because they want to.  And I still think the extremes he goes too with all the gifts make it a bit creepy. 

• Love 2

Rory definitely sent mixed signals though.  She wouldn't take his calls, but then got upset that he had taken that to mean they were broken up.  She wouldn't just have a conversation with him, and it led to most of their misunderstandings in Season 6.

On 1/11/2017 at 9:41 PM, deaja said:

Rory definitely sent mixed signals though.  She wouldn't take his calls, but then got upset that he had taken that to mean they were broken up.  She wouldn't just have a conversation with him, and it led to most of their misunderstandings in Season 6.

Guess that's true.  But that only means that she could have handled her side of things better.  That still doesn't excuse Logan's actions.

4 minutes ago, JayInChicago said:

Damn, I can't read like 1/3 of that letter. ): glare

Oh. Cad. Not cod. I think. 

The Tumblr link has it transcribed

Dear Rory,
So, right now you are reading my sealed words of wisdom as the tormented, foolish (but persistent) cad hangs off every nuance of your reactions, his heart and mind in a dizzying flurry of questions as to how the outcome will play out… As you read this, delight in the knowledge that this love-sick pup before you does not have a clue…

Now, ordinarily, after a fool has taken my daughter’s love for granted, if I did not kill him through a slow and excruciatingly painful death, I would instruct my daughter, much like Miss Havisham did to Estella in ‘Great Expectations’, to be cold blooded and calculating, to dash his hopes, and to crush him. However, the decision is all yours to make. Love is elusive and all-encompassing; when you fall under its intoxicating spell, you have little recourse but to live out its devices. If you love this boy, maybe you want to give it another chance?

Good luck, love you,
Mom

• Love 3

On Reddit, they were asking about Logan's degree? I was wondering about it for a while and also what exactly Logan does now. He mentions that he has competition now that Rory's going to be an author.

I recently binged the entire "The Good Wife" series and I found that I quite liked Matt's character of 'Cary'.... which just reconfirms that I don't hate the actor but I really really really HATE LOGAN HUNTZBURGER! Even though they tried to reform him in later season, I do not buy it. He's a selfish little sh*t who didn't make decisions that were for Rory's best interests but always thought of himself first. I've always felt that the season 7 change was a temporary reaction to a bad business deal, and that was confirmed in the revival. Ugh, Logan. ?

• Love 4

I love Cary But Logan as well. Logan forces Rory to make her own choices. Logan is really the only person who forces Rory to dig deep and find out who she is. Rory is a very subdued person and isn't as self-reliant as she really should be because she has such strong people in her life. 

• Love 1

I disliked him the moment we met him, when he stumbled across Rory and Marty getting coffee. He has the douchiest posture of any guy I've ever seen, the slouched shoulders and the way he cranes his neck around. It's weird as hell. Then when he and Rory next meet and he tells her to call him "Master and Commander"? Ugh. I honestly still cannot believe that this little twerp is who the writers stuck Rory with the longest.

On 6/18/2017 at 5:48 PM, tarotx said:

I love Cary But Logan as well. Logan forces Rory to make her own choices. Logan is really the only person who forces Rory to dig deep and find out who she is. Rory is a very subdued person and isn't as self-reliant as she really should be because she has such strong people in her life. 

I don't feel like he had that effect on her life at all. Rory got worse as the years went on, not better, and while I don't think Logan is responsible for that I do think he's part of the problem in that he's a symptom of it. If Rory ever turns her life around it will probably involve not having a relationship with Logan.

Because Rory was very subdued and needed to tap into a strength in herself that maybe she wasn’t doing so much, because she has a very strong mom and strong friends. She never really had to do that. She never really had to dig down deep and find out who she was. And this guy made her have to do that. So when you talk about it on that level, there could be more there [between Rory and Logan] - Amy Sherman Palladino mid s6 

Rory does "things" since episode one. Deciding not to go to Chilton because of Dean. She changes her mind because her mom made a sacrifice for her. By the time Rory is with Logan, Rory has done a ton of impulsive stuff and has lived way from her mother for a year. Rory is in the stages of self discovery. 

Rory has to make choices at every step of her relationship with Logan. They have these verbal pro con list with her making her choices at the end. I personally think they learn and grow together.  Especially in the OS. 

Telling her to call him Master and Commander was a joke. A minute earlier Logan had said, "Tell me that wasn't fun?" Which is a quote from the movie.

• Love 1
5 hours ago, tarotx said:

Rory does "things" since episode one. Deciding not to go to Chilton because of Dean. She changes her mind because her mom made a sacrifice for her. By the time Rory is with Logan, Rory has done a ton of impulsive stuff and has lived way from her mother for a year. Rory is in the stages of self discovery. 

Rory has to make choices at every step of her relationship with Logan. They have these verbal pro con list with her making her choices at the end. I personally think they learn and grow together.  Especially in the OS. 

Telling her to call him Master and Commander was a joke. A minute earlier Logan had said, "Tell me that wasn't fun?" Which is a quote from the movie.

WIth all due respect to ASP, I feel like she's one of those writers/creators who doesn't have a strong grasp on her own creations. She doesn't see Rory and Lorelai accurately in the later seasons. Rory is a spoiled brat from season four on, someone who deserves more than one dressing-down and yet...nothing. 

Rory makes choices every step of the way in all of her relationships. Sorry but I just don't see any specific thing that sets Logan apart in that regard, that makes him special. And considering that many of the choices Rory makes during her relationship with Logan - including the decision to date Logan at all - are terrible, well...

It was a joke, definitely, it just wasn't funny or cute. It's a douchebag telling a girl to call him "Master and Commander."

The appeal of Logan has always escaped me. He's an asshole who's old enough to know better and he never truly grows. He's the same snotty little p.o.s. in the revival that he is in the show. It doesn't help that the actor is mediocre, uncharismatic, and average looking.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1