Type keyword(s) to search

S18.E07: Next Chapter

• Start Topic

I don't see IAB as villains or anything like that. They are an essential part of the police force. But make my boyfriend go undercover and then blow his cover so his life is at stake. Well no, I don't want to have a drink with you. And you can be DILF or whatever, man :). I mean, over the years there was more between Tucker and Olivia that can't be reduced into "he was just doing his job". She was personally affected by his actions. So I would be ok with her being with literally anybody else who would be nice to her, but what can I do now :). 

Completely agree. Tucker/IAB investigating shit isn't the problem. Tucker twisting the proverbial knife while doing it is. My previous examples...

1) Amaro shoots the kid. (Amaro's 1-80) Needed to be investigated. Tucker making Cassidy do the interrogation and then standing there with a smirk on his face - unnessecary and anyone who gave a damn about professionalism would've had someone else do it.

2) Investigating Benson during the murder setup? (Perverted) Fine. Grilling her about her going to therapy and if she had ever been assaulted on the job? Inexcusable.

3) Digging into Benson's ties to the reporter? (Closet) Understandable and expected. Announcing to the squad room that she was "sleeping with the paper boy?" Gross.

Tucker made completely understandable investigations, but often went out of his way to be an asshole about it. Doesn't make him a horrible person - I mean, the entire squad has crossed so many lines so many times - but I don't think it makes him a real great choice of a romantic partner for Benson.

I also will admit to being biased because a) RJB does nothing for me, and b) Benson/Barba have much better rapport and chemistry IMO.

I'll also say since they got together, Tucker has been a better boyfriend than Benson has been a girlfriend. Why is she all bent out of shape that he's considering retirement? Why is describing their stable, middle-aged relationship as "complicated" which is how my friends and I described our dating lives when we were 19 years old and in college?

ETA: Guess Tuckerson broke up as I was writing this post (don't have TV so I'll watch online later) so it's all moot anyway.

Edited by WineCheeseChocolat
  • Love 6
On 12/01/2017 at 5:41 AM, JyDanzig said:

So true.  I like every character on the show right now, but it just feels short.  They need one more cop in that squadroom.

Amen to this.  Because not only is the squadroom looking too empty, but it is constantly jarring to me that Olivia's still doing exactly what she was doing when she was only a detective, even though she's now in charge.  She should have a more Cragenesque role, but no, she is still out there running headlong into hostage situations.  Speaking of which, I barely even noticed that was what was happening yet again, but I have a good reason: I have watched a lot of Criminal Minds lately, where the BAU constantly rush into bad situations alone or with only one person as backup.  It's inured me to it, I think.

Generally a fairly meh episode for me.  Hope the next one's better.

• Love 2
(edited)
On 1/17/2017 at 9:58 AM, katisha said:

Amen to this.  Because not only is the squadroom looking too empty, but it is constantly jarring to me that Olivia's still doing exactly what she was doing when she was only a detective, even though she's now in charge.  She should have a more Cragenesque role, but no, she is still out there running headlong into hostage situations.  Speaking of which, I barely even noticed that was what was happening yet again, but I have a good reason: I have watched a lot of Criminal Minds lately, where the BAU constantly rush into bad situations alone or with only one person as backup.  It's inured me to it, I think.

Generally a fairly meh episode for me.  Hope the next one's better.

I noticed that too.  The only thing she doesn't do is take the initial 911 call.  She has to be first to the scene, interview witnesses, delegate to everyone in the squad room, go into the field to investigate, search, charge in to save anyone in danger, make the arrests or shoot the assailant, tell the DA how to prosecute the case and sit in during the trial, even if she's not testifying.   I'm surprised that she doesn't strip search the guy and put him into the cell.  She can't do enough.  So freaky.  Why can't she go home and take care of her child some time? 

I would think that most actresses, director, or whatever it is that she does, would be ashamed of this unrealistic, overdone behavior.  Naaah....I guess not her. 

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 5
(edited)
35 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

The only thing she doesn't do is take the initial 911 call.

Shhh!! You're giving them ideas! She'll be manning the emergency dispatch centre next, lol. 

Edited by Gigglepuff
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Gigglepuff said:

Shhh!! You're giving them ideas! She'll be manning the emergency dispatch centre next, lol. 

Oh NOOOOOO........If she were only half as good as she thinks she is, it would be impressive.  

• Love 1