Type keyword(s) to search

Timey Wimey Wibbly Wobbly Rewatch, anyone?

In the "Small Talk" thread, there has been mention of a rewatch.

Anyone up for it?  I don't have time in my life at the moment to orchestrate such a thing but if the old TWoP-Torchwood Heads want to do a version of the two we did over there, I'd happily follow along and contribute!

(edited)

So, Torchwood Tuesdays--let's make that a thing, yeah? Specifically, an episode rewatch/discussion goal?

No rules...other than trying to get an episode in. Start an episode thread if there isn't one already. If you build it, they will come...

I feel Cyberwoman or maybe Countrycide might be in the cards for today...

Edited by indeed

I'm sorry I disappeared for a bit but I used my non current tv time finishing DW 11 episodes&specials. I've actually only watched DWTS (mainly because of the Skaters) and DW the last couple of weeks. I really got into the later seasons for some reason.

I do want to be a part of a rewatch. I still haven't finished MD because I was going to wait for the RW. No I think I will just watch them.

I haven't watched Supernatural since season 1. I should go to that next how that I'm finished with DW

• Love 1

Just so we know:  If we want to add a discussion of episodes that are technically Doctor Who -- the thread will be moved to the Doctor Who forum so we'll have to bounce from there to here.  At least that's what's going on in the Empty Child thread which has already been moved.  I think the episodes we'll have to "travel" for will be "Tooth and Claw", "Empty Child", "Doctor Dances" at least.  There is the whole "hiatus" series when Jack returns to the Doctor and travels to the end of the universe with Sir Derek Jacobi.

I moved the topic to Doctor Who because it was an episode of Doctor Who. But, there is a link left here, so it really is in both forums.

• Love 1
(edited)

It is in the sense of giving us some idea of why Jack is the way he is when we first meet him on Torchwood and Torchwood is more about Jack and Gwen's story than it is about the institution or really even the team so it does make some sense for completeness to get a sense of Jack's beginnings so to speak. S1 is pretty much all about Jack waiting for the Doctor to return, at least from Jack's perspective and how he became immortal. Plus I suspect some people just love an excuse to watch those episodes so why not.

I think the rewatch basically starts whenever people start watching the episodes and posting about them. I don't think there's a fixed timeline.

Edited by Swansong

I wouldn't necessarily include the Doctor Who episodes in the Torchwood thread as their own threads, but there could be a catch-all Jack and The Doctor thread or The Torchwood Institute in the Whoniverse thread or Torchwood Rewatch: Origins of Jack thread before plunging into the Torchwood-specific episode rewatch to discuss those episodes (or provide links) due to pertinent backstories and continuing/crossover storylines. Torchwood as a series is supposed to stand on its own, but I can see why some would like to discuss/rewatch the Doctor Who aspects here.

Do the Buffy/Angel sub-forums have the same issues?

Anyway, I failed at trying to get an episode (out of order) rewatch in. Maybe once the season finales are over we can start a rewatch. I think people just have to start creating threads and discussions and people will come a-commentin'.

• Love 1

I'm still on board, and Torchwood Tuesdays work for me. I'd be happy for us to start on episode 1 this Tuesday. Are others game?

In terms of crossover episodes, I think the episodes at the end of Doctor Who season 1 are important background on Jack, but not crucial to a Torchwood rewatch. (For those who are participating and haven't seen them before, I do highly recommend seeing those.) But I do think that the Doctor Who season 3 episodes "Utopia," "The Sound of the Drums," and "Last of the Time Lords" should be included in the rewatch, since they explain what Jack does between Torchwood seasons 1 and 2. Likewise with other subsequent Who crossovers.

I'm fine with Torchwood Tuesday although I suspect I'll not be in any kind of mental or emotional capacity to think coherently or incoherently for that matter after next week's Supernatural season finale. I never am, those things are emotionally destructive. 

Are we going to have separate threads for each episode of the rewatch or have I just had a reading fail here?