Type keyword(s) to search

Full Frontal with Samantha Bee - Second Season Topic(s) Poll

• Start Topic

SEASON TWO - YAY!   POLL CLOSED

45 members have voted

1. 1. Do we want to stick with an all episode topic for Season Two? or have individual topics, like they do in Last Week Tonight?

• Bring on individual topics! I got shizz to discuss!
    • Let's stick with an all episode topic
    • I have no strong opinion on this issue
    • I could go either way - but could we have a topic about Sam's snazzy blazers?
    • Other - see comments

The good news - SAM BEE IS COMING BACK IN 2017 with a SECOND SEASON!

The bad news...I think Sam will get us covered there.

Vote, don't vote (but don't complain if you don't!) - let's decide how to proceed for Season Two! Voting will close around New Year's Eve (we'll let you know as it gets closer - looks like Sam has a new episode next week, and then is likely off until 2017).

17 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Wow we really are a divided nation! (poll currently at 50-50)!

So let's talk it out! How did you vote, and why? I'm honestly torn, but feel like it needs to be at least an option at this point.

Also...that blazer tonight? I WANT.

Also - the site is covering the show more - see all the story topics in the main forum. Those would mostly likely be converted to episode topics (again, like Last Week Tonight, and many other shows across the site). Something to think about.

17 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

I like the all episode thread because there isn't a huge amount of traffic and some weeks topics flow into one another.

And if someone has a general comment that may include topics previously discussed, it's hard to remember/find which episode it was. There are no episode titles to help.

• Love 1

This is a tricky one. If our traffic picks up due to the increased coverage, it might be worth breaking into individual topics, but as it stands, I notice that discussion can be a bit slow to get going here (maybe people don't watch the show immediately as it airs?) and it can take a day or two for discussion to really kick off on the latest episode, which makes one thread easier to follow. I see the appeal of separate threads: separate threads help discussions and information to be consolidated and easy to find (look at the Last Week Tonight's threads... when John covers a topic, discussion about that specific topic can continue awhile as other shows take it up or new information emerges. It's great to be able to go to the thread titled "Guantanamo Bay" or "School Segregation" and discuss the latest updates on the situation without having to scroll through one long thread to find where it was discussed.) However, Sam's show doesn't really focus on one specific topic, and it's more like a Daily Show-style catch-all for the week, and the conversation is more fluid, not strictly confined to each individual episode, so in that way, one thread is more complementary to our discussion style. I could see it working either way, but I think keeping it in one thread will probably make us happier, at least until the traffic comes pouring in or the show changes its format!

• Love 6

I agree with @Slovenly Muse who pretty much stated my thoughts on this except more eloquently and comprehensively than I would have. I would only add that given TBS's scheduling practices keeping it all episodes will probably make life a lot easier for the mods as they won't have to go back and edit titles and posts 2 or 5 or 12 times when the show is postponed from Monday to Wednesday to Thursday and the featured story changes from charter school activists fronting for corporations to coverage of the President whipping it out at a state dinner in front of Angela Merkel.

• Love 2

Okay, I'm a little embarrassed that I thought this was a question about whether the show should stick to one topic or cover several.  And I thought - wait, it already covers several.  

I love wine...

• Love 2