Type keyword(s) to search

Lab Rats - General Discussion

• Start Topic

You should definitely check out "Bionic Action Hero."  Especially the second half.  I won't spoil anything for you, but it's probably the deepest and darkest they've ever gone on this show.  And has a very interesting stinger at the very end.  I loved it.  Even shelled out the $3 to download it from iTunes (though that was more because my DisneyXD reception was wonky last week).

• Love 1

Caught up with "Space Elevator" and "Bionic Action Hero".  "Space..." was the typical and had it's moments but I enjoyed "Bionic Action Hero".  I think an episode finally took the spot of "Bionic Showdown".  Great Villain and motive, AWESOME STINGER! and a great set-up for where the series will be going...Can't add too much to what you already mentioned 88...but it looks like the series will be heading, and ending on a high note.

Quick episode note:

August 12th - "One of Us"

Edited by CyberJawa1986

Caught "One of Us".  Okay episode with some good moments, and good to see S-1 again, I was hoping she wasn't forgotten.  Reading the premise had a virus, I thought maybe they'd do a "zombie" type story...glad it wasn't.  

Disney XD Greenlights 'Lab Rats: Elite Force' a Spin-Off of 'Lab Rats: Bionic Island' & 'Mighty Med'

The new series has Bree and Chase from Lab Rats and Oliver, Kaz and Skylar from Mighty Med.

Was just about to post this as well.

Interesting to merge the shows.  

But no Adam, or Leo but I'm sure they'll have appearances....the cast would get pretty big, somebody had to get cut--and Billy and Kelli are the more viable of the LR's crew.  

Edited by CyberJawa1986

Bree and Chase are/were effectively a double act for Lab Rats, so if they were bringing one of them over for this spinoff (most likely Bree) they pretty much had to bring the other one too.  That said, I'm genuinely amazed the two shows did well enough in the end that a joint spinoff was greenlit...and disappointed that this is happening after Victor Krane got toasted (unless I've missed something being without cable for a few months, that is).

• Love 1

Bree and Chase are/were effectively a double act for Lab Rats, so if they were bringing one of them over for this spinoff (most likely Bree) they pretty much had to bring the other one too.  That said, I'm genuinely amazed the two shows did well enough in the end that a joint spinoff was greenlit...and disappointed that this is happening after Victor Krane got toasted (unless I've missed something being without cable for a few months, that is).

Good to see ya' Bill!  Hasn't been the same w/o ya'!

I'm actually pretty excited...more so than the current Bionic Island Season...

Add me to the people more excited about the new show than Bionic Island. So it looks like we'll lose Spin and Bob (won't miss them at all), Adam and Leo (won't really miss them either), the Davenport brothers (will miss those two). Of course some of those characters could make guest appearances on the new show.

From Mighty Med we'll get the three main characters. I won't miss most of the other characters except Horace. The various super heroes could still get their small appearances like they get now in Mighty Med.

Caught "Bob Zombie"...  I'm taking it Spin's been dropped, Bob's the only kiddo to get any real time...okay episode, I think I enjoyed the Perry plot more...

Future Episodes:

Oct. 14th - "Human Eddy"

Oct. 21st - "The Curse of the Screaming Skull"

A few weeks late but I caught "Human Eddy" and "The Curse of the Screaming Skull".  Didn't really like "Human Eddy" and I loved "The Curse..."...

ETA:  I guess the Nov. 11th episode was actually titled, "On The Edge".

Going back to "The Curse..." loved Adam being the one to solve the issue with the skull, Bree, and Chase.  I think Adam's been the highlight of the Season.

Edited by CyberJawa1986

Finally caught up with viewing "Lab Rats: On the Edge" and "Ultimate Tailgate Challenge".

"On the Edge"...surprisingly pretty good.  Probably my favorite episode this season.  Didn't mind the Logan character but do all the newer character's seem to be shades of Adam,...and glad to see S-1/Taylor again.  

"Tailgate"...an excuse to have Perry, but good to see Tasha and surprisingly a Tasha centric episode.

Every Series has one, and while "Bionic Island" has had it's moments, I think it will be that Season we look back on and think...it didn't happen.  It was just a misfire, can't wait for the "Elite Force"...

...and then there were four.......was actually pretty damn good. I was actually dreading the idea of a kid brother but Daniel actually fit right in. I liked him way more than either Spin or Bob. I'm actually hoping they bring him back either before the show ends or have him on Elite Force, but he does need a unique power that none of his siblings have besides the mimicking.

Oh as for the tailgate episode was actually kinda silly but I was too distracted the first few times I watched because by shirtless Chase in almost the whole episode. Yeah he was covered in body paint but my God, Billy is so buff!! His girlfriend is sooo lucky!!

• Love 1

Caught up with "And Then There Were Four"...

...I really liked this episode, it focused on the Davenport's which was why it was awesome...no Academy or students, etc...honestly, this is how the season should have started with regards to bringing in new blood, I'd take long lost sibling over let's start an Academy...

...I wouldn't mind more appearances of Daniel whether in LR or the spin-off, the character fit in way better than Spin, or Bob (although the one and done Bionic Student's of a Story, like Logan from "On The Edge" was passable, makes me think they should of went completely with a Bionic Student of the Week over trying to cram in recurring newbies like Spin or Bob)...

Edited by CyberJawa1986
  • Love 1

Caught "Space Colony".  I thought it was a pretty good episode, kinda didn't think it needed to be a special though...and a special before the finale.  

Again, what made this one good is focusing on the Davenport's...and it's always good to see Tasha...and of course Perry was shoehorned in.  Side note...anyone think Perry's gonna be in the spin-off?

So...

they brought back Krane, doing his best Bane...to go out like a chump. At least we somewhat got a resolution to Krane.

Adam doing his best Iron Man, pure awesome!

ETA:  I liked the gang's colony/space uniforms over the island/instructor garb, or their usual uniforms.

Edited by CyberJawa1986

Sorry I've been gone for a long time.  Real life intruded on me with some health issues.  Anyway...

I really wasn't a fan of the bionic island/academy concept when this season started.  But now it feels like the show has really hit its stride and become exciting and good again, and now it's ending.  And I'm sad. 

"Over the Edge," "And Then There Were Four," and "Space Colony" were all really good.  I like the focus on the Davenport family as opposed to the other students.  I did think Space Colony felt rushed, even at an hour long.  They tried to cram way too much stuff in.  It almost felt like it was meant to be a LR movie that never happened.  And Dr. Gao was dumb and over-the-top.  I've never understood villains who want to kill off everyone on the planet.  Also, as much as I love Krane, he needs to be permanently gone.  Bringing him back again was kind of pushing it.

I enjoyed the finale as well.  I'm so glad they went back to the Davenport mansion and closed things out with the family at home.  That, plus bringing Marcus back, really made it feel like the show came full circle.  Tasha being pregnant was kind of unnecessary, but at least they remembered that she exists. 

Anyone going to watch the spin-off?  I'll probably check it out, though I don't think it can ever replace the real thing for me.

...I wouldn't mind more appearances of Daniel whether in LR or the spin-off, the character fit in way better than Spin, or Bob

Probably because that kid was miles better as an actor than the kids who play Spin and Bob.  I notice they never brought Spin back.  Which is fine by me.

Adam doing his best Iron Man, pure awesome!

I'm glad they gave Adam something legitimate to do.  He got almost painfully dumb this season.

• Love 1

Sorry I've been gone for a long time.  Real life intruded on me with some health issues.  Anyway...

Anyone going to watch the spin-off?  I'll probably check it out, though I don't think it can ever replace the real thing for me.

Hope all is well, 88.  I know the feeling with quite a few health issues myself.

I'll be checking out Elite Force, can't wait and I like the new costumes.  

I was going to ask, I don't think we need an entire "new forum" for Elite Force, but do we want a new thread in this section, or just use this thread when the series starts?

And again, and agreed, the episodes focusing on the Davenport's were the highlight of Bionic Island--which makes the Academy/Island a fail for me given they basically phased it (students and such) out the last chunk of the season.  

Haven't checked out the Finale, but will probably get to it tonight.

But now it feels like the show has really hit its stride and become exciting and good again, and now it's ending.  And I'm sad. 

"Over the Edge," "And Then There Were Four," and "Space Colony" were all really good.  I like the focus on the Davenport family as opposed to the other students.  I did think Space Colony felt rushed, even at an hour long.  They tried to cram way too much stuff in.  It almost felt like it was meant to be a LR movie that never happened.  And Dr. Gao was dumb and over-the-top.  I've never understood villains who want to kill off everyone on the planet.  Also, as much as I love Krane, he needs to be permanently gone.  Bringing him back again was kind of pushing it.

I enjoyed the finale as well.  I'm so glad they went back to the Davenport mansion and closed things out with the family at home.  That, plus bringing Marcus back, really made it feel like the show came full circle.  Tasha being pregnant was kind of unnecessary, but at least they remembered that she exists. 

Just caught "The Vanishing PTs 1 & 2".  I think a great way to conclude the series, especially revisiting the Mansion/Lab.  The ending was a bit sad.  I liked Giselle as a villain because she didn't become cartoony like Krane.  And her end, wow, they did it off-screen, but they went there, was a little surprised.  The baby reveal wasn't really needed, but it did make for a nice family moment.

Looking back at the series, they definitely do the event episodes well, most of them still rank as my favorite episodes.  My final tally for the Seasons:  Season One > Season 3 > tie between Season Two and Bionic Island...

Going back to "Space Colony", I was thinking about the Spin-Off, and to me, it felt more like establishing a connection to Mighty Med without doing a direct shout-out.  Most of the heroes, villains, technology, etc, have space, alien origin in that series, and I could see this being somewhat of trying link in that regard, again, without doing something blatant.  The goofy villain even seemed something a bit more akin to MM than LR.

Thoughts on the Spin-Off, I hope Adam and Leo have some appearances, maybe with Daniel as their replacement team member...and thats it, nobody else because I know that would be a way to cram Bob in there.  No more Bob, no more Perry.  Just the Davenports for appearances.

Edited by CyberJawa1986

So, is this the end of the show? I've only recently came back to the show recently and completely on a whim seeing The Vanishing on the Disney XD A app on my TV.

Been going through season three on Netflix. Just finished Alien Gladiators. The Fire Stick battles had better fight choreography than most of their big mission fights.

• Love 1

Yes, but a spin-off, Lab Rats: Elite Force, starts next month.

First episode:

March 2nd, "The Rise of Five"

Oh,yeah, the merger with Mighty Med. Have not seen that.

One issue I have had with Lab Rats is the tone. When it takes the actions of the plot seriously, it is some of the best things on TV. When it focuses on the sitcom aspects, it is a lot more hit or miss.

Personally, I wish they'd kill the laugh track.

• Love 1

I did like the wrap up of the show especially with them facing off one final time against Marcus (wow the actor who plays him was eating some serious Wheaties since we last saw him) and I loved the eyebrow jokes.

I'm kinda thinking we should make a new thread for Elite Force. Speaking of the new show, I'm certain they'll find a way for Leo and Adam to be in at least a few episodes. If nothing else, they'll be a threat so big that has Chase and Bree call Adam. I'm also kinda hoping that Daniel will also show up, he had too much potential for him to be dropped only after a few episodes.

• Love 1

As I go through season three, I'm still having a hard time adjusting to Douglas being a good guy.

One of the most disturbing things I've ever seen on a kids show was in Bionic Showdown (I think) when he told Adam, Bree, and Chase that Marcus' bionics will burn out his android body before his "16th" birthday.

And then asked them not to tell Marcus because he thinks he's getting a car.

That's just.. damn

• Love 1

Just finished season three. I'm actually upset that they made Sebastian a villain at the end of the episode. Of all the non extra Bionics they introduced with Rise Of The Super Soldiers, he was my favorite. I guess I kinda understand his motives, if Victor Krane is his actual father, but still, it's kind of disappointing. And if he is Krane's son, what about the others? Spin and Bob are so young, so either he fathered a bunch of kids to experiment on and turn into his person bionic army, or he kidnapped a bunch of kids to experiment on and turn into his person bionic army.

And Disney thinks this shit is a sitcom.

One thing I will say, is I wish the season ended with Rise Of The Super Soldiers. The aftermath of Donald getting hurt and what's to happen with the rest of the soldiers would have made a smoother transition to the island setup than having the last few episodes of the season hurry the island introduction.

Going to start Mighty Med, since that's the show Lab Rats is merging with to form Elite Force, I figure having some familiarity with it might be a good thing before the premiere.

• Love 1

Yes, but a spin-off, Lab Rats: Elite Force, starts next month.

First episode:

March 2nd, "The Rise of Five"

March 9th, Holding Out for a Hero

March 16th, Power Play

March 23rd, The Superhero Code

March 30th, Need for Speed

I'm kinda thinking we should make a new thread for Elite Force. Speaking of the new show, I'm certain they'll find a way for Leo and Adam to be in at least a few episodes. If nothing else, they'll be a threat so big that has Chase and Bree call Adam. I'm also kinda hoping that Daniel will also show up, he had too much potential for him to be dropped only after a few episodes.

I'd be down for a new thread as well.

• Love 1

So... turns out this board does not have a forum section for Mighty Med, so I'm going to post this here, because with the merger, it kinda is Lab Rats related. Loophole!

Anyway, I'm not sure if everyone who posts here is a watcher of Mighty Med, so thew rest of this is under spoiler tags.

Finished Mighty Med. Man, season two was not fucking around.

Amusingly, part one of the Lab Rats/Mighty Med crossover, which was a Lab Rats episode won't be on Netflix until early March, and the placement of the crossover kind of screwed with the pacing of the entire Arcturion story arc. If it were a week earlier, it would have gone without any interruptions.

I thought Mighty Med had a much better handle on the kid sit-com to kid action show balancing act, so the issues I've mentioned before about Lab Rats' tone were non existent, so I hope that carries over into Elite Force. I also thought that as a whole, the fight choreography was above that usually seen in Lab Rats.

It's funny. I never watched Mighty Med until I heard about the merger of the two shows, and now... I kinda wish they were continuing separately. Mighty Med's final episode ended with the bad guy winning! I really hope that doesn't get tossed out in the merger

• Love 1

Just watched the first episode on Elite Force on the Disney XD app. Posting my thoughts under spoiler tags because it has not yet aired on TV.

Overall, I thought it was a solid and very promising start. I thought it felt more like a Mighty Med episode, truth be told, as the most important aspects of the episode came from the Mighty Med half of this how merger.

But, unfortunately, so did the one thing that really, really annoyed me. Remember Mighty Med's finale, when Oliver's mother absorbed the Arcturion and literally possessed all of the superpowers, and smacked around one of the strongest heroes in Mighty Med canon like he was nothing before leaving?

Well, now she's locked up after getting defeated by Oliver, Kaz, and Skyler. Offscreen. I will allow you to flip the table of your choice at your leisure.

One thing I especially liked about the episode was how seriously Kaz was taking finding those that destroyed Mighty Med, because Kaz was the aloof one, so him being all gung ho about finding them, really shows just how big a deal this is.

The destruction of the hospital was handled... interestingly. Kaz said they lost a lot of Superheroes during the attack, but no names were given, so there's no way to tell just who among the recurring hero cast was a casualty or not, but until proven otherwise,I'm going to assume that Horace and Alan are among the dead. Would certainly explain Kaz's eagerness to find them.

So, a very solid start, and despite them just throwing away what I thought was a lot of storytelling potential between Oliver and his mother, since she is locked up, hopefully they can have her play Hannibal Lecter for an episode or two.

This thread is to discuss all episodes of Lab Rats: Elite Force, the spin-off of Lab Rats and Mighty Med. The series premieres on March 2, but apparently the premiere is already available on demand. Please use spoiler tags if you want to discuss it before the official air date. From the press release that announced the series:

Merging the two series, "Lab Rats: Elite Force" is set in the "Lab Rats" world after the Mighty Med hospital is destroyed by a band of unknown super-villains. Kaz, Oliver and Skylar join forces with Chase and Bree to form a powerful elite force that combines bionic abilities and superpowers. Together, they vow to track down the villains and keep the world safe.

(edited)

In this case, copying and pasting from the other thread:

Just watched the first episode on Elite Force on the Disney XD app. Posting my thoughts under spoiler tags because it has not yet aired on TV.

Overall, I thought it was a solid and very promising start. I thought it felt more like a Mighty Med episode, truth be told, as the most important aspects of the episode came from the Mighty Med half of this how merger.

But, unfortunately, so did the one thing that really, really annoyed me. Remember Mighty Med's finale, when Oliver's mother absorbed the Arcturion and literally possessed all of the superpowers, and smacked around one of the strongest heroes in Mighty Med canon like he was nothing before leaving?

Well, now she's locked up after getting defeated by Oliver, Kaz, and Skyler. Offscreen. I will allow you to flip the table of your choice at your leisure.

One thing I especially liked about the episode was how seriously Kaz was taking finding those that destroyed Mighty Med, because Kaz was the aloof one, so him being all gung ho about finding them, really shows just how big a deal this is.

The destruction of the hospital was handled... interestingly. Kaz said they lost a lot of Superheroes during the attack, but no names were given, so there's no way to tell just who among the recurring hero cast was a casualty or not, but until proven otherwise,I'm going to assume that Horace and Alan are among the dead. Would certainly explain Kaz's eagerness to find them.

So, a very solid start, and despite them just throwing away what I thought was a lot of storytelling potential between Oliver and his mother, since she is locked up, hopefully they can have her play Hannibal Lecter for an episode or two.

Edited by Last Time Lord
  • Love 1
(edited)

Just caught "The Rise of Five".  Really good episode, not much I can really add without repeating the awesome stuff Last Time Lord mentioned...but...

...the ending of Lab Rats to Elite Force...okay transition...but the ending of Mighty Med to Elite Force, you have Oliver's Mom become the big bad...to only remedy the situation offscreen?

That's the only negative I can't let slide...

I like Kaz and Chase--probably my favorites of LR and MM...but if this episode is anything to go by I take it they'll be the ones butting heads.  A refreshing take with them butting heads over missions...over the Adam/Chase "drama"...

Season's/Serie's off to a good start!

Side note, loved the opening.

Edited by CyberJawa1986
  • Love 1

I'm hoping against hope that Bridget has more of a role to play in all of this. I think she could have been involved and her getting caught was a part of the plan.

My thought process is that she killed a super villain and took over his criminal empire all because he threatened to harm Oliver. Everything she did as Mr. Terror was done with the motivation of keeping Oliver safe.

I think she took a fall in order to make sure Oliver was away from Mighty Med when it was attacked. Because the attack coinciding with Oliver, Kaz, and Skylar defeating Bridget is way too big of a coincidence for it to be a coincidence.

I also think Horace and Alan were among the dead, which fueled Kaz's more serious, straightforward approach of wanting to find who did it.

• Love 1

Caught "Holding Out for a Hero".  

I'm really liking Kaz so far, I think he's the shining character at the moment.  Chase is second...and then everyone else is kinda there.

Wasn't a big fan of the Bree/Skyler b-story, wasn't that interesting but a nice sisterly take on the usual Adam style stuff.  IDK, I think the little bit of this story just got lost between the a-story.

Again, haven't been disappointed with the series yet...minus Oliver's Mom.  

Edited by CyberJawa1986

Caught "Holding Out for a Hero".

Would you believe I'm just now getting the title?

And I thought it took me a while before I got the meaning behind the Supernatural episode "Good God, Y'all". At least I figured that out before the end of the episode. (it was about War, the horseman of the apocalypse)

I like that Bree and Chase both got something they've been yearning for with the new team -- Bree gets the surrogate sister she always wanted (even if it's not exactly what she expected) and Chase gets someone who appreciates his smarts in Oliver.

I do hope that they eventually address the entire Bridget issue. I know this show is primarily a sitcom with action, but everything with his mother being a villain that he had to stop, Mighty Med getting destroyed, people he knew getting killed, Oliver is going to need some serious therapy, and it could be argued that Bridget made him so neurotic before the villain thing even entered the picture.

Even The Cleveland Show addressed the fact his parents' divorce had an affect on Cleveland Jr.

There's just so much potential for amazing storytelling, here, is what I'm saying.

Edited by Last Time Lord

This was a lot stronger than last week. Glad they addressed Skylar's powers. I wonder just how close they were to the one year deadline that would have resulted in exploded limbs. Kinda surprised that didn't come up in the actual episode.

Curious where they go from here, because Skylar is very overpowered on her own. She could probably do everything needed of the team by herself.

The pig burglar plot line was a nice distraction from more serious plot with Skylar's health being in jeopardy from the serum.

And real good continuity with Oliver being afraid of needles. I believe one of Mighty Med's writers wrote this one, which would make sense.

• Love 1

I'm enjoying this show so far.  It's not exactly Lab Rats to me, because, for me, the Davenport/Dooley family was the heart of that show.  But I'll take what I can get.

I didn't watch Mighty Med that much.  Can someone explain the "Bridget" thing to me?

• Love 1

I didn't watch Mighty Med that much.  Can someone explain the "Bridget" thing to me?

Bridget is Oliver's mother, who it was revealed in that show's second season was also a super villain known only as Mr. Terror.

Mr. Terror was in the same category of villains that Victor Krane was in, where the show is primarily a sitcom, but their actions were played almost 100% seriously. Mr. Terror's on screen introduction is capped by her completely vaporizing a lackey that failed her.

The season ended with Bridget completely absorbing an alien power source called the Arcturion, which gave her literally all of the super powers, and smacked around two of the strongest heroes in Mighty Med canon before leaving, setting her up as the next Big Bad of the show.

So, naturally, she gets defeated and captured off screen between Mighty Med's finale, and Elite Force's premiere.

No, I'm still not over that.

• Love 1

"Power Play" was a great, fun episode.  Enjoyed both plots, and it was a nice filler break from the main story presented so far.  

Glad Skylar has powers...FINALLY!...kinda sad it wasn't in MM proper though.  And between all the characters there are so many abilities, I know something will probably get shafted story/convenience wise...  

The show has so far done a great job balancing the zany and fun, with the main themes and such.  

And just reposting from the previous thread:

March 23rd, The Superhero Code
March 30th, Need for Speed

And updated:

April 6th - Follow the Leader
April 13th - The List

ETA: Totally shipping Kaz and Bree.

Edited by CyberJawa1986
  • Love 1

The Superhero Code

One thing I like about this show is it seems to be doing more of the continuing story arcs that Mighty Med did during the second season than Lab Rats' more stand alone nature (save for the big plot episodes). This episode alone having several callbacks to Oliver having trouble mastering his powers and Chase helping Skylar get hers back.

This was a great episode for Kaz, because outside of saying he has 11 brothers and sisters, not much about his family ever came up.

They've done a good job with developing the team dynamic, but I'd rather they get back to the actual plot of finding Superheroes before Roman and Riker do, before too long.

• Love 1

The Superhero Code

One thing I like about this show is it seems to be doing more of the continuing story arcs that Mighty Med did during the second season than Lab Rats' more stand alone nature (save for the big plot episodes). This episode alone having several callbacks to Oliver having trouble mastering his powers and Chase helping Skylar get hers back.

Totally agreed with the bolded.  As much as I loved LR, the above was one thing MM excelled at.  

Finally caught "The Superhero Code".  It was nice finally seeing one of the eleven siblings.

The only thing I can really add...can we finally see the team in those snazzy uniforms we see them in in the opening?  I've been waiting for some uniform action, but as far as I remember...so far we haven't gotten any... 

Edited by CyberJawa1986