Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E06: The Parent

A mysterious visitor, who had a secret connection to Kate, turns up in Eric’s office and leads him to a startling discovery. The more indiscretions and lies are revealed, the more Eric questions who he can trust – especially his brother, Patrick. Meanwhile, the second anniversary of her partner’s unsolved murder has Detective Cornell frustrated and on edge. Her ex-husband, Ethan, turns up unannounced to share some difficult news. Tensions build between Cornell and Danny, threatening to thwart each of their plans, and she continues to simultaneously bait and butt heads with Eric.

I have a feeling the sister (Amanda?) did it. She found out Kate was pregnant and was upset that it happened so easily for Kate when she struggled so much. So she shoved her off the roof in a fit of passion.

It would mean everything they've been showing with the investigation is really worthless in terms of the murder, and I could see the show doing that.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, KaveDweller said:

I have a feeling the sister (Amanda?) did it. She found out Kate was pregnant and was upset that it happened so easily for Kate when she struggled so much. So she shoved her off the roof in a fit of passion.

It would mean everything they've been showing with the investigation is really worthless in terms of the murder, and I could see the show doing that.

It already feels worthless since it's been just red herrings.

These shows are usually red herrings.  The murder is usually something simple with nothing to do with what everyone thinks.  My guess assistant lady is the killer and figured out Kate was a lying liar who lies and killed her out of loyalty to her employer or some whacked out "mothers love".  

• Love 1

Eric's behavior with the adoptive mother was provocative, in the sense of provoking her fears of legal accusations, thereby making an additional obstacle to investigation. 

Thinking about the crime, the question of where his cards for the speech went keeps recurring. 

8 hours ago, Chaos Theory said:

These shows are usually red herrings.  The murder is usually something simple with nothing to do with what everyone thinks.  My guess assistant lady is the killer and figured out Kate was a lying liar who lies and killed her out of loyalty to her employer or some whacked out "mothers love".

I know, this show still feels too basic and generic.

2 hours ago, sjohnson said:

Eric's behavior with the adoptive mother was provocative, in the sense of provoking her fears of legal accusations, thereby making an additional obstacle to investigation.

Thinking about the crime, the question of where his cards for the speech went keeps recurring.

Eric has been coming off as more annoying and self righteous.

• Love 1

I'm incredibly sad about the drop off in quality from Season 1 to Season 2.

Season 2 has all of the ingredients of a show I SHOULD love.  I love love love love AnnaLynne McCord.  I worship this woman.  She was a revelation on 90210.  She is so talented.  I am also a fan of Michael Ealy and Terry O'Quinn.  

But man do I dramatically not care as opposed to how much I cared last year.  Last year I was addicted.  The story is not being told well.  It just isn't.  

On 11/7/2016 at 2:13 PM, AManfred said:

I am a big AnnaLynne McCord fan, so I was happy to see her in this episode. I agree, I think it's the assistant. 

Not only is she a great actor but she's a strong person and an activist.  I admire her a lot.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 3
On 11/7/2016 at 1:34 AM, mertensia said:

I'm thinking it's the assistant, too.

Also, at this point I just want blonde sister-in-law to belt Michael Ealy's character but good.

If Melanie cheated on Patrick then she don't have a right to judge Eric . 

I was glad to get a bit more backstory about Cornell. It humanizes her.

I am starting to not care too much about who killed Kate.  And couldn't Eric be charged with obstructing a police investigation? 

This show sure has the eye candy though -- Eric, Amanda's ex, Cornell's new partner (who I had liked on the "Lie to Me" show...and wasn't that Tim Roth from "Lie to Me" as Cornell's ex husband?)

• Love 1
On 11/18/2016 at 6:44 AM, KaleyFirefly said:

This show sure has the eye candy though -- Eric, Amanda's ex, Cornell's new partner (who I had liked on the "Lie to Me" show...and wasn't that Tim Roth from "Lie to Me" as Cornell's ex husband?)

Yes, great eye candy.  ;)   No, that was Jake Weber who also played the husband (Joe Dubois) in Medium.   He's using his normal accent.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0916617/?ref_=nmbio_bio_nm

• Love 1

But man do I dramatically not care as opposed to how much I cared last year.  Last year I was addicted.  The story is not being told well.  It just isn't.  

It's bogged down by unnecessary side plots and it's going through the motions of just about every soapy drama/murder mystery so it feels too mundane, it lacks S1's urgency and Ben trying to clear his name from being a child killer and being hounded by the media and other characters.