Type keyword(s) to search

Costume Memories: Halloween, Masquerades, Conventions Or Dress-Up

tribeca
  • Start Topic

YIKES! Way to miss the point! And also, for that matter, the point of "sexy"--at least in a theatrical, costumey sense, as the dress itself (sans cloak) is fairly run-of-the-mill.

Found two options for Lola today at Goodwill! While I think the black seems more vintage "showgirly," the yellow will be better for blood and also match the hair feathers (plus, I kind of like the black one for real life, not that I go anywhere that I need it). Have to make some alterations though--that yellow neckline is not "cut down to there" per Barry's description, haha!

42363920_529281497477246_903578844684877824_n.jpg

Edited by TattleTeeny
  • Love 1

Drat! While gathering costume-creation supplies, I found that "craft feathers" are not fake! Boo (not Halloween "boo," but dissatisfaction "boo")! I Who knew?! Not me; I guess I just always assumed those big old wild-colored ones were some kind of synthetic/acrylic thing. I want faux feathers, not anything sourced from any kind of real bird! I guess I am making my own feathers then--time to stock up on...hmmmm, something--fabric?--and Mod Podge. 

ETA: UNLESS...

I have an already bought cat toy that happens to have yellow feathers attached? Of course, I'd be putting chewed-on feathers in my hair...but I wouldn't be buying animal products and probably wouldn't even have to distress them myself, haha!

Edited by TattleTeeny

Old Lola--but she's getting some blood splatter. I guess if she's still wearing her gnarly old feathers, it's conceivable that she'd also wear her never dry-cleaned dress too?

Edited by TattleTeeny

So... I was thinking... 

Many people do get dressed up at work for Halloween. Some of my staff is going to get dressed up. It's not entirely unusual for executives to participate, although I have never done so. 

Well, I am in the middle of growing a beard, so I could just not do anything more than get a Wilson Volleyball prop from Castaway and carry that around all day. Cute, but not a big deal.

But then my mind went to a much funnier, much darker place, which some of you who have followed my exploits will appreciate. I was thinking I could take this sweatshirt:

89w0zCFm.jpg

And then pin on a few pictures of famous crazy characters such as Alex Forrest (Glen Close) from Fatal Attraction, Annie Wilkes (Kathy Bates) from Misery, I should probably throw in a guy like the Alex DeLarge character in A Clockwork Orange just so I'm not SO on the nose.

Or maybe just a single Norman Bates in the middle, so your basic Psycho Magnet. 

Edited by JTMacc99
  • Love 1

I've been dressing as Catwoman (who I fantasized about being when I was a kid) for Halloween since 2007.

Nevermind finishing medical school or running the NYC Marathon twice, fitting into that costume every year is my greatest accomplishment. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

I don’t know if this fits in this forum but... I am following IAMBEARSUN, a man who is dressed in a teddy bear costume, walking from Los Angles to NYC, to raise awareness and $$$ for various  charities. He is at Indian Wells now. There are so many questions I want to ask but don’t want to be the party pooper...

• Useful 1