Type keyword(s) to search

S04.E06: Siblings

Katharine Wright helps her brothers build an airplane; the Kopp sisters fight to protect their home; the Fox sisters stoke the spiritualism craze.

Featuring: Jason Ritter as Orville Wright; Jenna Fischer as Katherine Wright; Rachel Bilson as Constance Kopp; Elizabeth Olsen as Norma Kopp; Sugar Lyn Beard as Maggie Fox; Sarah Ramos as Katie Fox

Re-tellers: Lauren Lapkus on The Wright Brothers/Sister; Mike Still on The Kopp Sisters; JD Ryznar on The Fox Sisters

I thought it was funny that Jason Ritter played Orville as being in love with his sister since he plays the same incestuous character in "Another Period".  He is so good at being goofy and I think he is really talented with these absurd comedic roles.  Gotta say I haaaaated him (as a character & actor) when he was on "Parenthood".

I liked the Fox Sisters' story and how the narrator tried to snap his toes.  I can do without the puking though.

• Love 2

I really enjoyed the whole episode; after a few not-so-great ones, we finally have a winner. So much depends on the narrator, and all three gave the actors a lot to work with this time around. Laughed out loud in each segment, and loved the Kopp sisters narrator using a different voice for all the characters in his story. When I learned the topic was siblings, I was really hoping the Fox sisters (and all the trouble they've caused even these many years later) would be included, and was delighted to see that they were. Not that their story will change any believers' minds, but it's good to get the story out there as often as possible.

After a so-so start to the season, last week's episode and this one have returned to their best level. The combination of Jason Ritter (always gold), Jenna Fischer, and Derek Waters as the three Wright siblings was delightful.

• Love 1

I loved the first segment about the Wright Brothers and Sister. Great narration and actors, plus a story I didn't know. Fantastic.

I liked the second segment, too.

I wasn't really into the third one.

I had been considering dropping this show from my DVR schedule, but I guess I'll keep it.

13 hours ago, BusyOctober said:

I thought it was funny that Jason Ritter played Orville as being in love with his sister since he plays the same incestuous character in "Another Period".  He is so good at being goofy and I think he is really talented with these absurd comedic roles. 

That was clearly deliberate casting, but he kills it on this show every time. 

The first narrator was the best, but the second story was the best with the Kopps.